shape
carat
color
clarity

Need to Sell / Trade Beautiful Engagement Ring, but HELP!?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Hello.

This is my first time to this site and I have to say - WHAT A RELIEF! I am so researched-out and yet I can't stop reading these posts!
4.gif

OK - on to my problem/request.

I have a diamond engagement ring I am looking to sell or trade for a single larger loose diamond. The ring was only worn 4 months, (unfortunately for me) - and is in excellent condition! (I think I cleaned it everyday, haha!)

Anyone out there know anyone who would want this or how I can do this? (Sorry that the picture isn't much greater, I don't have a digital camera)

Here are the basic stats:
appl.gif

14k White gold, 4 prong, Round Brilliant cut .80ct ladies ring, w/ 6 round brilliant side stones, (3 on each side) .21ct tw side stones.

More info on Center Stone:

AGS Certified (can give the Cert # later)
5.95 X 6.00 X 3.67 mm
Cut Grade: AGS Ideal 0
Polish: AGS IDeal
Symmetry: AGS Ideal
Proportions: AGS Ideal
Color: AGS 2.5 - I
Clarity: AGS 3 - VS1
Carat Weight: 0.800 cts.
Fluorescence: Faint

Side Stones:
6 Round Brilliant .21 ct tw, Fine Quality

The Appraiser from Boston who made the ring had it appraised at: $4950.00

I am looking to sell this ring for the fair value amount - OR trade it in for someone who sells loose diamonds that are Certified.

I am looking for approximately 1.00-1.25 with an Ideal Cut all around and Nothing less than VS2, I Color.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME?? I can't stand having this ring anymore - just cause of the guy who gave it to me, that's all. It was purchased from a reputable Jeweler in the Boston Jewelry District. I have ALL the papers on it. I just don't want to sell it back to him cause he was a family friend of my ex, and I don't want conflicts.

THANKS!

12.gif

MSEngagement Ring1.jpg

newenglandgemlab

Shiny_Rock
Hi Dancing girl!

I am sure someone on this forum can certainly help you with a trade in. Fortunately, you have the AGS grading document. That will make it so much easier.

Cindy

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Hey thanks....

I am just still waiting -- any takers willing to give me some advice on who to contact??

* Dancin Girl *

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Hi Dancingirl,

if you're not asking too much money you could try eBay. On eBay people always look for bargains, but sometimes you find someone who's interested in quality. This is a very nice ring and a lot of people should be interested in it.
Or, you could bring it to the jeweler who will sell you the new diamond and ask for a trade in or selling it on consignement...

Giangi

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a beautiful ring!

Unfortunately it's harder to sell/trade-in a stone than you might think. Unless your diamond is exceptional (and it may be with the AGS stats like that....), you may find a jeweler who will want to help you trade up is not just going to pop out of the woodwork. Why? Because they can probably get a stone like yours from their wholesaler instead and go their usual route rather than buy your stone off or let you trade in unless you are spending a much larger amount of money. However, this is a good route to go...try finding some reputable jewelers in your area (not large chain stores but possibly rather small indedepently owned stores who may recognize the quality and want to have that in their display case), and see what they will give you. If you get a jeweler to buy the stone, you may get around 50% of the appraisal value but if you want to trade-up, you may be able to get more. It may rely on your negotiation skills.

With eBay, it is much harder to sell a ring than you might think as well. A few people on here were trying, one finally sold but the price was at something like 40% of the appraisal. If the stone is mounted, people automatically tend to discount the ring if they dont like the setting, so by having the stone mounted it may be a disservice to the sale as there are many people who want just a stone and don't think about having it removed. Also if you are new to eBay, people may not feel comfortable buying from you--esp on such a large purchase. But you could try this as well.

I think your best bet is to try to find a jeweler who will work with you. Or try looking online at some of the beautiful stones that some of the vendors carry, and see if they are willing to work with you on trading in your stone. If it performs well under their testing, you may get lucky!

Good luck! Again, great ring.

cunal

Rough_Rock
Hi dancing girl if you are interested in selling the ring for a reasonable price then i might be interested in buying it for my girlfriend. you write me your price to my email [email protected]

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! I sent you an email back just now. I hope to hear back from you. I am still waiting for other responses too - anyone out there willing to help?

THANKS!
"D-G"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results