shape
carat
color
clarity

Need suggestions for a custom designer

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
Howdy everyone.

I need a ring made, a reproduction of a Tiffany setting for my soon-to-arrive ACA.

I’ve reached out to DK. I know some of the other usual suggestions are SK, VC and LM. I’ll reach out to them, but I’m not sure if they’ll fit my budget.

Since there’s a new crop out there, I was wondering if anyone had some more names to add to the list. I’m trying to stay under $2500.

I appreciate any advice anyone can offer.
Thanks!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why not have Whiteflash set it in this?

This. It'll be much easier and less headache to have it all done in one place, plus the vatche 6 prong is one of the best tiffany style solitaires available

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Howdy everyone.

I need a ring made, a reproduction of a Tiffany setting for my soon-to-arrive ACA.

I’ve reached out to DK. I know some of the other usual suggestions are SK, VC and LM. I’ll reach out to them, but I’m not sure if they’ll fit my budget.

Since there’s a new crop out there, I was wondering if anyone had some more names to add to the list. I’m trying to stay under $2500.

I appreciate any advice anyone can offer.
Thanks!

Have you told us about your new ACA? Would love to hear! I second and third the Vatche U113. Have Whiteflash do the whole thing!

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
Have you told us about your new ACA? Would love to hear! I second and third the Vatche U113. Have Whiteflash do the whole thing!

It’s hasn’t arrived yet! Just ordered it. I’ll share it when it’s all said and done. I’ve received some quotes already for the setting I want, and prices are astronomical, more than I paid for the stone.
Heh, I have expensive taste, apparently ;-)

It’s the classic Tiffany setting but drenched in pave. I love that Vatche setting. And I love the Jovyn.

I think I’m changing tack on the design and still reaching out to vendors. I got quickly shut down by Leon Mege, which comes as no surprise. I’m talking to Greenlake and IDJ now. CVB will be too much, I think. Erika Winters won’t like what I’ve got in mind, not her aesthetic.

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
Why not have Whiteflash set it in this?

I was lusting after the classic Tiffany 6 prong but the one covered in pave. I feel like I really need pave this time around. There are a couple of WF settings catching my eye, though.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maytal Hannah is another designer to check with. I did not recommend her to start with because the typical Tiffany is not her thing but
when you added covered with pave then she's worth getting a quote. Unfortunately, if CVB is too much, MH may also be too much. :|
It might help if you add your budget for the setting.

There is no "new crop" of designers as far as I know. :confused2:

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
Maytal Hannah is another designer to check with. I did not recommend her to start with because the typical Tiffany is not her thing but
when you added covered with pave then she's worth getting a quote. Unfortunately, if CVB is too much, MH may also be too much. :|
It might help if you add your budget for the setting.

There is no "new crop" of designers as far as I know. :confused2:

Thanks for the insight.

I was hoping someone found a gem on Etsy. I’ve used Vijay at Ouros a couple times for fun projects but I’m not sure I’d be comfortable using him for this one. I have reached out to Ivy and Rose..

As I do more research, I’m starting to question paying $2000+ for a setting for a diamond that is smaller and less expensive. My budget for the entire thing is around $3000, and the diamond, a .40 ct E color ACA, took up almost half of that.

I’ve never had pave and I didn’t realize just how expensive it is to incorporate.

I’m too cheap for pave, it seems.

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
David Klass is making the setting! He came in at my budget. I did have to change things up quite a bit to get the price where I wanted, but I’m so thrilled he agreed. There will pave!

Thanks all for your advice.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DK...great choice!

To be honest, I don't think the typical Tiffany duplicate translates well to a smaller stone or, maybe I should say, it just seems like
it's much harder to get it right. It seems like the elegant prongs and proportions just aren't there (although Tiffany can do
it just fine). At least DK does CADS so you'll be able to see what you're getting. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
DK...great choice!

To be honest, I don't think the typical Tiffany duplicate translates well to a smaller stone or, maybe I should say, it just seems like
it's much harder to get it right. It seems like the elegant prongs and proportions just aren't there (although Tiffany can do
it just fine). At least DK does CADS so you'll be able to see what you're getting. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

I just returned a .41 HVS2 to Tiffany. It was a beautifully done setting and diamond wasn’t half bad... Impulse buy that led me to my impending ACA.

I have never seen a Tiffany setting replica in the flesh. I appreciate your advice. Based on my budget I have backed off that idea completely

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results