Need suggestions for 10th Anniversary

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What's your birthstone? Her birthstone?

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have time, Anniversary is not until August 23rd, but wanted to get a head start, many jewelers are closed in July.

Earrings---I have asked her to pierce her early so many times, she won't do it. I promised her diamond studs if she did e.

My maternal gmother never pierced her ears either, but she wore lots of earrings. Just need screwbacks or clips. Does your wife like the idea of earrings without the needles? ...

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your wife has quite the collection! I second the reco for another watch. Since the one she has is quite small, I'd recommend the Cartier Ballon Bleu, either 33 or 36 mm depending on her wrist size and willingness to push the boundaries on larger watches.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or consider a Rolex - always a time honored piece to have - matching watches for both of you for your 10th anniversary!

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
What about a moi et toi ring?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was thinking about this thread in the shower (nothing sexy I wear a full scuba outfit with fins, unless this is the reader's kink, then I apologize for unintentionally being provocative :whistle:) and ugly crying :cry: bc OP's gift to his wife is THIS - starting this thread bc he loves her so much he wants to mark this special occasion with something special for his someone special.:love:

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All the pieces you mention seem very practical - elegant, every-day jewelry. There is another kind ... [see Wink Jones]

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Instead of buying her something to keep, how about giving her a memory to keep?

How about organising a surprise renewal of your vows in front of all your friends and family at a place that means a lot to you both? :)

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
briangavin_bezels_waltena1_061614.jpg img_11970.jpg img_11970.jpg img_4929.jpg img_4929.jpg has a drop diamond necklace, an offshoot of the Tiffany Jazz collection, but more carat weight than Tiffany's. I think it is a spectacular piece. Was originally done by WF and BGD added the 6th diamond. I have posted pics on the forum. Would be happy to do again if anyone wanted to see it.
I thought of the Cartier love bracelet, but my wife removes all her jewelry at bedtime so the love bracelet not a good option because you would need the key each night to remove it. briangavin_bezels_waltena1_061614.jpg

I take off all my jewelry at night also, but the Love bracelet is so comfortable it doesn't bother me at all. What about a nice watch?

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
DBTY Necklace or Bracelet with 10 diamonds or a French Cut Eternity Band from SingleStoneLA or CVB.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Instead of buying her something to keep, how about giving her a memory to keep?

I love this idea. Is she more of a "thing" person or an "experience" person? Or both? It sounds like she has plenty of beautiful things already. Does she/you like to travel (and do you have the time to be able to)? If so, how about planning an amazing weekend getaway? Just tell her to pack a bag, what needs to be in the bag (temperature range, casual or dressy, etc.) and that's it. Make reservations for her favorite activities (spa, horseback riding, or whatever she enjoys), dinner reservations at places she'd enjoy, and create some amazing memories. If inclined, follow it up with a small token souvenir (as opposed to something like what's already been discussed) that can remind her of that weekend.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree, maybe a colored stone piece. Or a beautiful strand of pearls. Round Tahitians would be in the 5K range, as would white south sea, or large sized hanadama akoyas. Maybe a slightly longer strand than the traditional 18 inch (a matinee or a rope are both very versatile). You could also ask her if there's anything that she's been dreaming of. Her answer might surprise you.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to suggest one of Cartier's Amulette necklaces, but the summer 2017 prices are even more eye-watering than I remembered (the XS is so petite that, after trying it on, I ruled it out):
http://www.cartier.com/en-us/collec...de-cartier/amulette-de-cartier-necklaces.html

I really like Brian Gavin's open halo pendant (but would want a longer chain): more sparkly than a bezel or solitaire setting, yet lighter/airier & more distinctive than the usual halo. You might consider using a colored gem as the center stone.
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond-pendants/open-halo-pendant-5672

Brian Gavin open halo pendant.jpg

And speaking of Brian Gavin, I see that some pieces of pearl jewelry are now amongst the offerings. This Tahitian pearl necklace caught my fancy, although (and because) the colors aren't what most people think of when they hear Tahitian. It seems fairly priced to me, but I'm not au courant on Tahitian pearl pricing, so ask the PS Pearls forum for feedback on this and other potential pearl purchases.
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/pearl-necklaces/pearls-no-106-18k-white-gold-6874w18

Brian Gavin Tahitian pearl necklace.jpg

Last edited:

sweet_blossom

Shiny_Rock
Cartier Love Ring or other Cartier Ring for Right Hand.

Have a Happy Anniversary!

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My vote is for a colored stone right hand ring..maybe a sapphire? My other vote would be a new watch, either Cartier Ballon Bleu or Tank Francaise. I always go for medium so the watch will stand between the fashion changes.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If she's got all the jewellery angles covered, would she like a beautiful designer handbag?

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I bought her a new handbag which will be a portion of her gift.
We are going on a 2 week vacation to Nova Scotia and Newfoundland this summer so maybe something will catch her eye.
Thanks to all for suggestions.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I asked my mom for some advice for you. She said that maybe think about a retreat or event for her to relax and refresh - focus on feeding her soul. Like a weekend at a yoga and healing center, wellness, retreat with a cooking focus if she likes to cook, a fitness-based place to learn a bunch of things like pilates and aroma therapy, book reading and discussion retreat, etc. She said the best events are those where she can be treated and learn. Really specific to a type of girl...carbon-fiber bicycle, indoor cycling subscription (e.g., pelaton), hand-made hiking boots, hand made boho style boots (a few sellers on Etsy).

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought her a new handbag which will be a portion of her gift.
We are going on a 2 week vacation to Nova Scotia and Newfoundland this summer so maybe something will catch her eye.
Thanks to all for suggestions.

Nice part of our Canadian universe but not sure I would consider it a jewellery shopping destination. Of course if you were flying into Montreal or TO at some point--and staying over--then that is another story. MMMMMmmmm shopping.

I love Cartier--and the Orchid collection is really gorgeous. But I am a sucker for brands.

Buccellatti Hawaii gold necklace would be a lovely.

cheers--Sharon

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
on a 2 week vacation to Nova Scotia and Newfoundland this summer so maybe something will catch her eye.

Fly back via Paris, perhaps ...

[Attempted humour - plenty would catch my eye in either place you have chosen; a few things might not even be free: for example, I have received natural pearl samples from NS - such do not grow near Place Vendôme, although they can be found there too. ]

Last edited:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not get a pearl necklace or pendant unless she spec expressed interest. My sister has given me both pearl pendant and pearl necklace, and I never wear them bc not my style.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Indeed.

I had not thought of those NS pearls for months now ! Now that I am thinking, - it must be said that these are more of an experience than anything: not nacreous, and perhaps not an obvious choice for jewelry at all - not that they were not beautiful, but simply too rare to have much recognition. The few best on which the local myth is based, are rather worth seeing.

No necklaces.

Obviously, I am too interested in such things (academic pursuits) & would consider booking a viewing much like one might book a private tour of anything worth seeing that way.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results