shape
carat
color
clarity

Need suggestions for 10th Anniversary

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The forum has been very helpful to me over the years.

I need to ask forum members what might be a good 10th Wedding Anniversary gift for my wife.
She does not have pierced ears and does not want them. I have been trying for many years, but not going to happen.

Would love to hear some ideas. Budget: up to $5K. If it is something wow, could go higher.

thanks in advance.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If she doesn't have one already, an gorgeous eternity band, or a 5 stone ring?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was just posting in the other thread that I love my Van Cleef and Cartier pieces more over time. So I vote for a Van Cleef vintage Alhambra 5 motif bracelet. I think those are $3k-$4k depending on the type of stone or gold. But watch out. They are ADDICTIVE. the more I stare at mine, the more I appreciate the very fine workmanship. You may unleash a beast. ;-)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamond pendant?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would consider a five stone anniversary ring to wear as a right hand ring.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the suggestions so far:

Snowdrop13 - she has an eternity band.

LLjsmom - the VanCleef pattern you mention I once bought and returned. If you use your imagination it looks like a religious symbol, which we are not of.

Bmfang, MissGotRocks - she has a right hand ring I bought her at Tiffany's.

Austina - that is possible.

Keep them coming, please.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If she does not have a diamond pendant I would definitely get her that. I consider a diamond pendant a staple.

Does she have any old stones or does she like them? An OEC bezeled pendant would be lovely. Something like this (but maybe in a higher color if she
is not used to lower colors)
http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/1-10ct-old-european-cut-diamond-bezel-pendant-gia-o-p-vs2

Or if you want something a little fancier...this is beautiful...
https://www.whiteflash.com/diamond-pendants/bella-diamond-pendant-1377.htm

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Maybe a tennis bracelet or diamond bangle? It's our 25th wedding anniversary coming up and I would be delighted if I received one :)
Good luck, I'm sure she will love whatever you decide on.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I get it. If you got an association in your head it's hard to get it out. How about a Cartier Love bracelet, the new skinny version that you can take off all the time. Or a cuff, which you can remove. Or if she is ok with a piece she needs to keep on the traditional love, but that is a little over your budget. Lastly I would consider a skinny tennis bracelet if you go with diamonds. Or actually a Cartier orchid pendant with diamonds. That is a lovely subtle but very distinct and beautiful piece. Under $5k.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
She has a diamond tennis bracelet

AS you can see, this is difficult

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
what about a DBTY necklace?

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What about a diamond bangle from WF or one of the thin Cartier love bangles. Or both. I know you said she has a tennis bracelet but I love to stack. Nothing wrong with more than one bracelet.

What kind of right hand ring is she wearing?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A coloured stone right hand ring.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
briangavin_bezels_waltena1_061614.jpg img_11970.jpg img_11970.jpg img_4929.jpg img_4929.jpg has a drop diamond necklace, an offshoot of the Tiffany Jazz collection, but more carat weight than Tiffany's. I think it is a spectacular piece. Was originally done by WF and BGD added the 6th diamond. I have posted pics on the forum. Would be happy to do again if anyone wanted to see it.
I thought of the Cartier love bracelet, but my wife removes all her jewelry at bedtime so the love bracelet not a good option because you would need the key each night to remove it. briangavin_bezels_waltena1_061614.jpg

Last edited:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
briangavin_bezels_waltena1_061614.jpg img_11970.jpg img_11970.jpg img_4929.jpg img_4929.jpg has a drop diamond necklace, an offshoot of the Tiffany Jazz collection, but more carat weight than Tiffany's. I think it is a spectacular piece. Was originally done by WF and BGD added the 6th diamond. I have posted pics on the forum. Would be happy to do again if anyone wanted to see it.
I thought of the Cartier love bracelet, but my wife removes all her jewelry at bedtime so the love bracelet not a good option because you would need the key each night to remove it. briangavin_bezels_waltena1_061614.jpg

The new skinny love is actually removable! I love this feature of it and think it would make a great anniversary gift!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
She has a drop diamond necklace, an offshoot of the Tiffany Jazz collection, but more carat weight than Tiffany's. I think it is a spectacular piece. Was originally done by WF and BGD added the 6th diamond. I have posted pics on the forum. Would be happy to do again if anyone wanted to see it.

That necklace sounds amazing. Way more interesting than a single bezel necklace for sure. Love it!

The new Cartier thins are much easier to take on and off. You don't need help from another person. It has a hinge on one size and yes you need the screwdriver but it is literally a turn for locked and one turn for unlocked. She can just keep the tool where she takes her jewelry off each night. It's no more trouble than dealing with a regular clasp on a bracelet with its safety clips. They look amazing with tennis bracelets, diamond bangles and stacked with other love bracelets. Just saying!

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ac117, can you post a link to the Cartier skinny link?

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Q

Queenie60

I suggest a diamond solitaire pendant. Or a dbty necklace or bracelet (or both!!) for every day wear. A strand of pearls? Pearls are a staple as well. WillyDiamond - you're a great husband and congratulations on 10 years!

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If I am seeing this correctly, you still need to remove with the screwdriver. She removes all her jewelry to sleep in each night. Not sure this would be practical for her.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you take a group pic of her existing jewelry?

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about drop, lever-back/french hook earrings. These are old-cuts, JBG, but you could make a version in moderns. Maybe include the same stone as her RHR as the lower stone.

Diamond hoop earring are also nice to have.

images

31164745_924082_ED

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does she like colored stones? Or does she have a particular color that is her favorite? It sounds like she has diamonds covered. And when is the anniversary? Do you have time to custom design something or do you need it pre-made?

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have time, Anniversary is not until August 23rd, but wanted to get a head start, many jewelers are closed in July.

Earrings---I have asked her to pierce her early so many times, she won't do it. I promised her diamond studs if she did it, its a no-go.

I can't post pictures now but she has:
- ER is round stone with halo (as seen in my avatar), blurry picture, halo done by Chris at BE
-Eternity diamond wedding band
-3 prong,martini set, approx 4 cts tennis bracelet
-drop diamond pendant as shown earlier
-Cartier Demoisselle watch, kind of a skinny watch.

Perhaps she has the diamond thing all covered. We are going to Nova Scotia and Newfoundland for 2 weeks in July, perhaps we will run across a jewelry store with something unique.

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
Have you considered a Cartier watch? There are some that fit your price range nicely. I have a tank and love it.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would a) get a 5 stone anniversary ring for her right hand, or b) have her pick something out herself she likes from a jewelry store she likes. That's if she wants more jewelry! You have been very generous on that front. Has she hinted what she would like? I would have suggested a trip instead but it sounds like you have that covered as well. A puppy? : )

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you are a watch guy, maybe a matching his/her pair of watches? Because you know, you're getting it for her AND you're thinking about your relationship so you want to wear the same watch as her.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results