shape
carat
color
clarity

Need some help with Round Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JC106

Rough_Rock
After visiting this site A LOT during the last weeks, I've signed up to say thanks for the free knowledge and hope to get some feedback about a particular stone:

Round 1.32ct
E, SI2, med blue Flor
table 57%, depth 61.2%, pavillion 40.9 deg, crown 34.3 deg
excellent polish, excellent finish
AGS 0

a) any thoughts about buying a colorless stone (E) at SI2 clarity?
b) how do I factor in the med blue floresence?
c) asking - $6950: too much? Most dealers I've looked at base their prices on Rappaport. Is this a retail guide or wholesale. In other words, does it have built in profit margin that I can negotiate with?

MANY Thanks!:tongue:

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi JC106,

a. There is no problem with this combination.

b. There is no harm in medium blue fluorescence either. As long as diamond doesn’t appear cloudy or oily you should care about it. I’ve seen a stone with strong blue fluorescence (left on the picture) that still look clean under the sun light.

c. The price is quite good. Rapaport Diamond Report® is a wholesale tool and the trade calculates the prices in “% off Rap”. Using “Rap” in the retail is not ethical because consumers don’t know how the prices for certain make are calculated off the Rap. You’ll be safer just shopping around and compare your price with diamonds from many vendors listed in the Pricescope database.

On the picture from left to right: strong, medium and faint fluorescence diamonds under UV light.

fluor.jpg

JC106

Rough_Rock
Leonid,

Thanks for input. It is a nice looking diamond and probably won't be around long so I am off to comparison shop. Thanks again.

JC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results