shape
carat
color
clarity

need some help choosing between a few diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ccannell

Rough_Rock
I would appreciate any help in deciding which diamond would be the best choice.
SARIN.gif

ags.jpg

Color Grade D
Clarity Grade VS1
Weight 0.731
Measurments 5.76 - 5.80 x 3.53 mm
Proportions
Depth 61%
Table 56%
Girdle 1.2-1.7
Culet PT
Crown Angle 34.500
Pavilion Angle 40.600
Finish
Polish IDEAL
Symmetry IDEAL
Fluorescence N

Color Grade F
Clarity Grade VS1
Weight 0.754
Measurments 5.88 - 5.90 x 3.63 mm
Proportions
Depth 61.7%
Table 54%
Girdle 0.8-1.7
Culet PT
Crown Angle 34.300
Pavilion Angle 40.900
Finish
Polish IDEAL
Symmetry IDEAL
Fluorescence N

Thanks in advance,
chris

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
All 3 looks like nice stones, and both vendors are very reputable. That said, I would pick the GOG stone (#1), as it will face up the largest, and the specs look great. The size difference sould be pretty visible, so given that all three are very well cut, that would be my second point of selection. Jonothon at GOG is know for picking beautiful stones.

Second choice would be the F/VS1 -- even tho I''m a color snob, I think you pay a premium for the rarity of a D color, not for something that your eyes can see, and it is larger than the D and cheaper.

ccannell

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the help. On the first diamond GOG does not show the AGS report. Also how important is the laser engraving and whether or not AGS certifies the diamond as H&As? Thanks

chris

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Laser engraving provides a means of identifying the stone. There are other ways to do the same, but this is a nice to have. Call GOG and ask for a copy of the AGS cert. While talking to them, have Jon pull the stone and talk you through it.

ccannell

Rough_Rock
lop
Thanks for the info. The stone is not laser inscribed by AGS. Although they said it is an ic2 branded H&A with an ic2 mark and serial on the diamond. Do you know what the difference between branded and unbranded diamonds is? I am very close to buying this diamond (in the next 45 minutes). I edited the top post to include the AGS report. Is there anything you see that would be worth noting? Thanks you your help.

chris

Also: Is the strong blue fluorescence an issue?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
buy it!
36.gif
you will love it.
2.gif

the strong blue (in my opinion) is an added bonus
18.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I like flour. Just make sure it is not one of the few that make the stone look milky/hazy in daylight. IMO, a brand is just a brand, in this case, not a specialized cut or anything unique. There are unbranded stones that are just as beautiful as branded stones.

I''d talk to Jon about it in depth, and if there are no red flags, buy it!

ccannell

Rough_Rock
I purchased the 0.81 G VS1 from GOG. Thank you all for your help and advice. I appreciate it, and i''m sure my girlfriend will too.

Chris

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats on your purchase chris!
please come back with pics when you get it.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Can''t wait to see the pics...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results