shape
carat
color
clarity

Need some fairy dust for a possible dress!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so I don't have the ring yet, but I just approved the final CAD and we picked out the diamond last week. Originally we were to get married on Oct '09, but since neither of us want a big wedding, we couldn't figure out the point in waiting and decided to bump it up to Oct '08. I generally don't like wedding gowns, and if I do, they're the super expensive ones eek! But I decided to have fun looking on vintage sites for dresses in general and came across this beauty. Now there are two issues, 1)I have no idea if someone else ordered it before me, so I'm waiting on confirmation that it's mine. 2) It's 3 inches too small in the waist! I know it's harder to alter a dress to make it bigger (especially vintage) but I did find a site that made me feel like was possible. So I need some luck gals!!! I love that it has brown in it because I was all about brown and orange since the wedding would be in Autumn.

MoonsDress.jpg

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
The back of the dress. I found THIS SITE and I think the ribbon idea could work with it.

MoonDress2.jpg

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
the bodice:

MoonDress3.jpg

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, very pretty! As long as you find a good seamstress, I think adding the lace-up back could very well work. Did you see the example with the brown satin for the privacy panel? I wonder what that would look like...

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is GORGEOUS!!!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful dress! Let us know how it works out, that is exciting!
36.gif
36.gif

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
That dress is so pretty!!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for the comments. I do love it, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Date: 3/16/2008 1:24:41 PM
Author: ladyciel
Oooh, very pretty! As long as you find a good seamstress, I think adding the lace-up back could very well work. Did you see the example with the brown satin for the privacy panel? I wonder what that would look like...

Thanks for pointing that out! I actually didn't notice it. I wonder how it would look as well. I had just assumed I would have some skin showing. The chances of me wearing a bra with this dress are pretty slim, the bust is small. Finally having no boobs is going to pay off lol. As far as having a good seamstress, I would like to send it to the woman from the site I linked.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooh so so pretty! I love it. I hope that it everything works out with it! Sending lots of fairy dust!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhhhhhh, I love this dress!! May I ask what site you found it on? I promise I won''t try to order it. I''m still waiting for my eBay dress to arrive, but it doesn''t hurt to keep looking . . . .

What kind of ceremony are you planning? Small wedding? Eloping?

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2008 2:48:10 PM
Author: bee*
ooh so so pretty! I love it. I hope that it everything works out with it! Sending lots of fairy dust!

Thank you bee*!!!

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
WOW. Fab dress! Good luck to you!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2008 3:33:16 PM
Author: Loves Vintage
Ohhhhhhhh, I love this dress!! May I ask what site you found it on? I promise I won't try to order it. I'm still waiting for my eBay dress to arrive, but it doesn't hurt to keep looking . . . .

What kind of ceremony are you planning? Small wedding? Eloping?

Hi Loves Vintage, if you don't mind I'm going to hold off posting the site until I know for sure its mine. You may not try to order it, but we have a ton of lurkers that like to snatch things right from under people. Considering how picky I am, and the fact that my FF loves the dress as well, I'd rather wait.

I will tell you the site is awesome! I have never seen so many choices on one site. The prices are also very reasonable. This dress was listed for $170! I think I need to cross all my fingers and toes on this one lol.

For the ceremony it's still a tad bit up in the air. I would rather elope but at the same time there are a few people we would like to be there. I just found a place that has an elopement package which allows up to 10 guests and includes a professional photographer. The location is gorgeous. It use to be part of a church (actually looks like a little mini church with cool Gothic elements) but is now privately owned. There is a beautiful garden as well, so it makes picture taking all the better. I actually catered a wedding there once so I know how it looks on the inside. I'm just waiting on FF to fully approve the decision. Assuming it's approved, the ceremony would take place on a Thursday afternoon and we'd all go to dinner afterwards. That following Saturday we'd throw a huge party for all our family and friends that we want to share the experience with.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Thanks goldenstar!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
stunning dress! i really like it i dont think ive ever seen anything like it before! wow

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
It''s gorgeous and not your typical wedding gown...I love that.

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful and unique. I also love the brown! Good luck!! I hope its yours!!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Thanks emilina, Courtneylub, and misysu!!!

And Loves Vintage, I just got confirmation that the dress has been shipped so here''s the site for you http://www.vintageous.com/

Now, here''s hoping it looks good on me and a simple alteration will suffice!!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so I tried the dress on last night. It''s pretty poofy. My FF said that it doesn''t show my shape at all. But I pointed out it''s not important, I''m not trying to be a sexy bride LOL. Also there was a bit of issue in the boob deparment. The bodice has this pointed shape (you can kinda see it in the picture) which was annoying. I think I can fix that myself, however, by pulling the fabric around and pinning it under the sash. Overall we both approve and I''m going to contact the seamstress about the alteration.
36.gif

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I just helped a friend add the lacing to her dress when she couldn''t fit into it for the wedding, it worked out great. I can''t wait to see pictures of how yours turns out!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
So Moon...you said something about shoes to go with this beauty, eh?
28.gif
9.gif
3.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
The dress is beautiful now, but I bet it will be even more beautiful with you in it!
Good job finding one heck of a steal...I mean deal.
2.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait to see pics of it once it''s done!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results