shape
carat
color
clarity

Need some advice please

John Ksionska

Rough_Rock
Ahh they just closed at 6. This is really exciting. So happy I found this forum and all of you. I was going to get beat so bad...

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would definitely call ID Jewelry - they will offer the best price of Gabriel & Co. settings and will find you an awesome diamond within budget! 3 of my friends got their e-rings there! Just tell them that PS sent you.

P.S. As others have previously said - please completely forget about clarity enhanced diamonds.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rhino might stop by.

The reason we say to put these on hold is because people read the threads and poach the stones. It happens all the time. We can find you another if that happens, but it is psychologically disappointing...

ID jewelry is a good choice also.

John Ksionska

Rough_Rock
I would definitely call ID Jewelry - they will offer the best price of Gabriel & Co. settings and will find you an awesome diamond within budget! 3 of my friends got their e-rings there! Just tell them that PS sent you.

P.S. As others have previously said - please completely forget about clarity enhanced diamonds.
Already forgot about them haha

I will give them a call as well!

John Ksionska

Rough_Rock
@Rhino might stop by.

The reason we say to put these on hold is because people read the threads and poach the stones. It happens all the time. We can find you another if that happens, but it is psychologically disappointing...

ID jewelry is a good choice also.
Ahh I see that would be disappointing. I just messaged GOG about that particular stone. I am going to check out ID Jewerly as well. You guys are killing me though now I don't know who to use as they all have incredible prices and quality Haha

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We love "hopeless cases" :razz:, the consumer who comes by and on his first post tells us horror stories about how the local store was about to rip him off.... it makes us so mad!!!

We stage diamond interventions! We get you informed and pointed in the right direction, and our reward is the hand shot you post after the proposal! :love:

Last edited:

John Ksionska

Rough_Rock
Haha well like I said I'm a very well informed shopper for all expensive things in life. This is something that's a little more difficult than most to get information on, but that has all changed finding this forum. Can't thank you all enough. Once I make my decision and purchse I will let you all know then in Aug I will definitely post pics!!!

I think GOG may be my best bet for what you guys found. But I'm going to keep searching now that I have several sites that are more than trusted and a much better understanding what to look for.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Look forward to your final choice!

cheers--Sharon

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think you'd find a better deal than the GOG stone... it's got it all.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you call ID jewelry, tell them you want a "pricescope quality" "HCA under 2" stone.

I agree with everyone that the GOG stone is lovely!

thumbelina

Shiny_Rock
Ummm...you guys are all kind of amazing.
John, it looks like you came to the right place. I look forward to seeing the ring on your fiance's finger!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think IDJ does sell Gabriel and Co. But you really have to give them cut parameters because I saw a post the other day where the diamonds were not acceptable for cut. So tell them this:

These are measurements to help you stay in ideal cut territory with a GIA excellent cut stone.

table: 54-58
depth: 60-62.3
crown angle: 34-35.0 (up to 35.5 crown angle can sometimes work with a 40.6 pav angle)
pavilion angle: 40.6-40.9 (sometimes 41.0 if the crown angle is close to 34)

The stone I posted from GOG has a slightly larger table and is known as a 60-60 style stone since that is close to that table and depth percentage. It has a nice diameter at 6.25mm.

John Ksionska

Rough_Rock
Thanks again everyone. I really want that Arrows and Hearts from GOG, the more I read and compare it's absolutely perfect. I sent a message about that one in particular and discussing a setting as well. It's doesn't have to be exactly the Gabriel and Co just something close to that style Halo. I'm also talking with ID on Monday.

Would it be bad etiquette to mention the stone from GOG and price to ID? Figure I would ask here, I know when you play hardball with car shopping that's fair game, but not sure in this industry.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would see what he has to offer and then decide which one you like. They can't offer you the same things (well, some can, but that is a different conversation) so you only need to see what they each have. I think most people work with one vendor at a time.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OP, you're getting some seriously good advice on here from other PSers and I'm really glad to see that you are taking their advice!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

GOG has lovely products and while patrons here love florescence, it is a preference, and not one I want in my ER. Moreover, having SBF reduces the price of the diamond. Further the GOG diamond posted has 60/60 parameters, another preference not often recommended here despite their attributes.

CBI is a boutique that sells proprietary cuts. Worth a look for their tight cut parameters.

http://highperformancediamonds.com/shop/clarity/HPD7895/

cheers--Sharon

Last edited:

John Ksionska

Rough_Rock
HI:

GOG has lovely products and while patrons here love florescence, it is a preference, and not one I want in my ER. Moreover, having SBF reduces the price of the diamond. Further the GOG diamond posted has 60/60 parameters, another preference not often recommended here despite their attributes.

CBI is a boutique that sells proprietary cuts. Worth a look for their tight cut parameters.

http://highperformancediamonds.com/shop/clarity/HPD7895/

cheers--Sharon
Thank you for the advice. Trying to take it all in and learn as much as possible. The stone from GOG has a 1.2 HCA rating according to the grid that whitewave posted.

Any reason why you don't prefer flourensence in am ER or is that personal preference ?

John Ksionska

Rough_Rock
OP, you're getting some seriously good advice on here from other PSers and I'm really glad to see that you are taking their advice!
If be a fool not to honestly. They know so much more than I do and already proved how I was getting fleeced at the place I went to originally. So fortunate and thankful for everyone here

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the advice. Trying to take it all in and learn as much as possible. The stone from GOG has a 1.2 HCA rating according to the grid that whitewave posted.

Any reason why you don't prefer flourensence in am ER or is that personal preference ?

Personal preference.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Fluor is definitely a personal preference. If you are planning on re-selling the stone at a later stage, fluor also has a negative impact on your final price given that in the trade, there is already a discount in place for "new" stones with fluor.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think GOG has a trade up policy, would you wouldn't have to "sell" it outright. I personally love fluorescence as little ng as it doesn't impact clarity. GOG has YouTubes on this and they will be honest about its effect in this stone.

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would go out of my way to try to find a stone with strong blue fluorescence, I think it makes the stones so much prettier. They look better than a stone without in bright sunlight, and then on the rare occasion you are somewhere with a black light it will glow blue. It truly makes me feel like my stone is special. That jewelry store feeding you those prices and bad stones makes me so mad!!!

John Ksionska

Rough_Rock
Just wanted to give a quick update. Had a nice long talk with Yekutiel today from ID and i am blown away at elthe knowlwdge, professionalism and willingness to go out there and find me the best for my budget. At one point today he even said "listen I am not saying buy this stone, I'm saying it's a great candidate, but until I see it in my hands and inspect it personally don't get set on it"

We have a few stones were discussing that will go in the Gabriel and Co "Rachel" but as you have all said and he requested I not post them until he has them in hand, in case someone buys it up.

Again thank you all, I can't wait to see what he comes up with the next few days. I'll post some pics and specs as soon as the purchase is complete

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds great. Keep us posted.

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to give a quick update. Had a nice long talk with Yekutiel today from ID and i am blown away at elthe knowlwdge, professionalism and willingness to go out there and find me the best for my budget. At one point today he even said "listen I am not saying buy this stone, I'm saying it's a great candidate, but until I see it in my hands and inspect it personally don't get set on it"

We have a few stones were discussing that will go in the Gabriel and Co "Rachel" but as you have all said and he requested I not post them until he has them in hand, in case someone buys it up.

Again thank you all, I can't wait to see what he comes up with the next few days. I'll post some pics and specs as soon as the purchase is complete

John,
Yekutiel is a stand up guy and he knows diamonds like nobody's business!
I have purchased 3 diamonds from him and in each case he found me gorgeous GIA Diamonds that are excellent cut and I was able to stay within budget.
I cannot wait to see what your final pic is!
Have a good weekend!

John Ksionska

Rough_Rock
Ok we have our diamond!!!
1.03 I-VS2 Excellent Cut True Hearts from James Allen, GIA cert
Depth - 61.9%
Table - 54%
35 deg
40.8 deg
LWD - 6.51x6.48x4.02
Flourensence - Strong Blue

https://www.jamesallen.com/mobile/l...i-color-vs2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-2641313

Not sure if I missed anything but let me know what you Think! Yekutiel worked some wonders with my budget to get me this and the "Rachel" dor the setting. My biggest concern was in the 3D pic there seemed to be a very obvious flaw, which is why I was confused that it was a VS2. He guaranteed me that is 100% eye clean and is not sure why in the 3D it is so easily seen. Thoughts on why? Think it came out to a 1.6 on the HCA chart.

Sparkle_seeker

Rough_Rock
I wouldn't personally buy a VS2 with a black crystal under the table, it would be an automatic exclusion for me. Some people with very good eyesight would definitely be able to see it without any magnification. This is an important purchase of a diamond that could end up as a family heirloom, it is worth making sure you are completely satisfied. There are many other stones you could buy that don't have this particular flaw, I would keep looking.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
in full sunlight you will never see that flaw. in indirect and while staring at it you will probably notice it.

even if I convinced myself that i would ignore it after a while the inclusion would bug me to no end. i wouldnt buy a diamond with an inclusion front and center on the stone ( under a prong sure ) .

eye clean to most jewelers means from 12 inches away at a glance. to me though it means 6 inches from my face while playing with my ring - and that inclusion would be front and center literally

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results