shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Setting Ideas for 1.91 OEC J/K Color!

moomie14

Rough_Rock
Hello All-

I've recently purchased an OEC stone from a private seller and it requires an immediate re/set in order for me to wear it.

Specs:

1.91 ct
J/K color
SI1 clarity
Approx. 7.5mm diameter

Few pics of stone in current setting below. I'm looking to keep it simple. Am open to vintage style. With or without diamonds on band. And I would like to ultimately pair with a uprong eternity band.

Thanks in advance for any and all ideas!! Would love pics and links if you have them!

_22633.jpg

photo_893.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Valamin's ERD solitaire, personally.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
missy|1411487937|3755739 said:
Hi Moomie, I think the Grace solitaire by Erika Winters from Jewels by Grace would be :love: with your gorgeous OEC.

http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/erika-winters-bridal/grace-solitaire-engagement-ring.html#.VCGYfF6aJuY

This would get my vote personally since you want to pair it with a Uprong eternity. It is hard because I feel the uprong is not antique-y at all and very modern. So the Grace setting would be the best of both worlds and still transition well and look like a set with a uprong eternity.

moomie14

Rough_Rock
What about something simple like these?

gold_platinum.jpg

gold_band_and_eternity.jpg

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Moomie14, I love the ring setting you posted. It is delicate and graceful. Can you post a link to where it can be found? Thanks!

Personally, I love all of Erika Winter's designs on Jewels by Grace website. I love the new modified Grace with cathedral shank. Her styles are beautiful with antique cut warmer stones.

I adore Valmanin's setting from ERD (link is above) but warning that Valmanin was extensively involved in that design, had a vision about metals and design details and it may not be duplicatable without a lot of personal involvement. (ERD would be able to tell you if my hunch is true or not, they are wonderful to work with according to everything I've heard.)

The setting you posted would give you the yellow gold and white head (Icant recall if it was platinum or white gold) of Valmanin's ready made. I really like it..

For a more modern platinum setting that goes with a U-prong you could consider something from Mark Morrell. His platinum is supposedly out of this world, and the designs can be both modern (sleek and smooth bands) and romantic with heads reminiscent of antique Tiffany with surprise diamonds. I've been drooling over his settings for a while.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
One of my friends got a copy of that Valmanin's setting. It is gorgeous. They can replicate it just fine.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1411584479|3756460 said:
One of my friends got a copy of that Valmanin's setting. It is gorgeous. They can replicate it just fine.

My vote is also for Valmanin's setting. It's absolutely gorgeous!

Thank you for the info Gypsy! I'd love a large OEC in that setting. This may very well be my next large jewelry purchase as long as I can continue saving the money.

moomie14

Rough_Rock
LightBright|1411582231|3756441 said:
Moomie14, I love the ring setting you posted. It is delicate and graceful. Can you post a link to where it can be found? Thanks!

Personally, I love all of Erika Winter's designs on Jewels by Grace website. I love the new modified Grace with cathedral shank. Her styles are beautiful with antique cut warmer stones.

I adore Valmanin's setting from ERD (link is above) but warning that Valmanin was extensively involved in that design, had a vision about metals and design details and it may not be duplicatable without a lot of personal involvement. (ERD would be able to tell you if my hunch is true or not, they are wonderful to work with according to everything I've heard.)

The setting you posted would give you the yellow gold and white head (Icant recall if it was platinum or white gold) of Valmanin's ready made. I really like it..

For a more modern platinum setting that goes with a U-prong you could consider something from Mark Morrell. His platinum is supposedly out of this world, and the designs can be both modern (sleek and smooth bands) and romantic with heads reminiscent of antique Tiffany with surprise diamonds. I've been drooling over his settings for a while.

Hi LightBright - I found this ring after hours trolling the WWW!

http://www.custommade.com/by/josephschubachjewelers/

Thanks all for your feedback!

moomie14

Rough_Rock
Any other thoughts? Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results