shape
carat
color
clarity

Need recommendations for pendant setting & cognac

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

used2bgood

Rough_Rock
Good morning all!

I would like to pick your collective brains for quality places to get a diamond set in either Washington DC or NYC. I went to Australia several months ago and ended up buying a ~1ct gorgeous cognac diamond (almost chocolate color) loose stone for my mother. I have bought her several sapphire and diamond rings over the years, so I don''t want another ring, but this year''s birthday is her 50th, so I''d like it to be something special. I''m also open to suggestions for other jewelry, I just didn''t know what else you can do with only one large stone.
33.gif

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good place to get the diamond set? I would like to have it set in yellow gold, but something unique, perhaps in a baroque or antique style. I don''t really have a budget, but I''d like to stay below $1,000.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!!
Melody

JoangA

Shiny_Rock
I have a cognac diamond that I had set in yellow gold. I wish I has some white around it though. It sort of blends too much. If you could swing it, a halo of white diamonds would look good, in MHO. Or a white bezel.

I''m sure she will love it though. Post a picture if you can. I love cognac diamonds.

used2bgood

Rough_Rock
Good idea - I bought her a green sapphire with diamond surrounding it for CHristmas, if I do the same with the pendant it will continue the theme. I will try and upload pics tonight. :)
16.gif

JoangA

Shiny_Rock
The other stones that could look good around the cognac are yellow sapphires, as yellow diamonds would be very expensive.

used2bgood

Rough_Rock
Here is the ring I bought her for Christmas... the diamond pic comes next....

P3140213.gif

used2bgood

Rough_Rock
1.gif
Here is the diamond that I am looking to set. Any and all suggestions welcome!

Thanks

P3140234.gif

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful color! I am sure a white diamond halo pendant will look magnificent!

tanuki

Shiny_Rock
This may be a little more funky than you were thinking - I have seen a lot of clothing that uses turquoise as a contrasting color with brown.

There may be a way to incorporate turquoise into the setting to lend a less formal look to the cognac colored diamond in a pendant for everyday wear, perhaps by using it instead of a white diamond halo to set off the brown color of the diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results