Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Need recommendations for pendant setting & cognac

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

used2bgood

Rough_Rock
Good morning all!

I would like to pick your collective brains for quality places to get a diamond set in either Washington DC or NYC. I went to Australia several months ago and ended up buying a ~1ct gorgeous cognac diamond (almost chocolate color) loose stone for my mother. I have bought her several sapphire and diamond rings over the years, so I don''t want another ring, but this year''s birthday is her 50th, so I''d like it to be something special. I''m also open to suggestions for other jewelry, I just didn''t know what else you can do with only one large stone.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good place to get the diamond set? I would like to have it set in yellow gold, but something unique, perhaps in a baroque or antique style. I don''t really have a budget, but I''d like to stay below $1,000.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!!
Melody

JoangA

Shiny_Rock
I have a cognac diamond that I had set in yellow gold. I wish I has some white around it though. It sort of blends too much. If you could swing it, a halo of white diamonds would look good, in MHO. Or a white bezel.

I''m sure she will love it though. Post a picture if you can. I love cognac diamonds.

used2bgood

Rough_Rock
Good idea - I bought her a green sapphire with diamond surrounding it for CHristmas, if I do the same with the pendant it will continue the theme. I will try and upload pics tonight. :)

JoangA

Shiny_Rock
The other stones that could look good around the cognac are yellow sapphires, as yellow diamonds would be very expensive.

used2bgood

Rough_Rock
Here is the diamond that I am looking to set. Any and all suggestions welcome!

Thanks

P3140234.gif

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful color! I am sure a white diamond halo pendant will look magnificent!

tanuki

Shiny_Rock
This may be a little more funky than you were thinking - I have seen a lot of clothing that uses turquoise as a contrasting color with brown.

There may be a way to incorporate turquoise into the setting to lend a less formal look to the cognac colored diamond in a pendant for everyday wear, perhaps by using it instead of a white diamond halo to set off the brown color of the diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    June’s Birthstone Trinity
    June’s Birthstone Trinity
    Memorial Day Jewelry 2020
    Memorial Day Jewelry 2020

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.