shape
carat
color
clarity

Need opinions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, I have been looking for a new wedding band and I am really not in a position to pay alot of money, so I have came across a used band that was purchased in 2002, it has a GGL cert, it is a 5 stone ring with a total carat weight of .75, 18K, now per the cert it states that the stones E-F in color and Internally Flawless
6.gif
now the cert states that the polish symmerty is Good-Very Good, no other info is on the cert other then the appraised value, my question is first off is GGL somewhat of a realiable lab and if so the purchase price of this ring was around $700 would it be a good value? The diamond do look very pretty and sparkly, I think I want to get the ring and then have it appraised, but I cannot return the ring so once I buy it I am stuck with it....so what do you all think? I think I am in awe of the IF E-F on the cert
5.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/29/2009 3:13:15 PM
Author:diamondrnglover
OK, I have been looking for a new wedding band and I am really not in a position to pay alot of money, so I have came across a used band that was purchased in 2002, it has a GGL cert, it is a 5 stone ring with a total carat weight of .75, 18K, now per the cert it states that the stones E-F in color and Internally Flawless
6.gif
now the cert states that the polish symmerty is Good-Very Good, no other info is on the cert other then the appraised value, my question is first off is GGL somewhat of a realiable lab and if so the purchase price of this ring was around $700 would it be a good value? The diamond do look very pretty and sparkly, I think I want to get the ring and then have it appraised, but I cannot return the ring so once I buy it I am stuck with it....so what do you all think? I think I am in awe of the IF E-F on the cert
5.gif
Hi there!

I am not very familiar with GGL, who is selling the ring?

GGL lab info - http://www.globalgemlab.com/

Diamond Explorer

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Well I am not familiar with GGL, but they do have a long list of well established clients on their website. The price seems good, and I would imagine you could pay less than the appraised value. The cert is probably wrong in its grades by GIA standards, but it can still be a good value anyway. It might also be prudent to good to have the piece checked out by an expert before you purchase, just to make sure its legit.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cant have it checked out because it is on Ebay, the seller is 4 Sale in Winchester, I know I shouldnt look on buy from Ebay, but it seems like such a good deal, but then the old saying if its to good to be true then it is lol, so I am really on the fence on this, if I buy it I cant return it, I would get an independent appraisal after I got it, but I cant before hand, I just know that internally flawless diamonds are a rare thing and the price is awfully good, the appraised value on the cert is 2,400. I am not really sure I totally like the setting it is in, but if the diamonds are really what they say there are then I could always have them reset in the future.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/29/2009 3:51:40 PM
Author: diamondrnglover
I cant have it checked out because it is on Ebay, the seller is 4 Sale in Winchester, I know I shouldnt look on buy from Ebay, but it seems like such a good deal, but then the old saying if its to good to be true then it is lol, so I am really on the fence on this, if I buy it I cant return it, I would get an independent appraisal after I got it, but I cant before hand, I just know that internally flawless diamonds are a rare thing and the price is awfully good, the appraised value on the cert is 2,400. I am not really sure I totally like the setting it is in, but if the diamonds are really what they say there are then I could always have them reset in the future.
Just a quick caution but you might know that these appraisal values are often inflated? If there is no return policy then personally I wouldn''t risk it.

Diamond Explorer

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Trust your gut then. Any reputable seller should have some sort of return policy. I would pass if you can''t get it checked out with the option of return.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yea I know the appraised value is always inflated, I appreciate both of your opinions, you are right, I think I was almost swayed, lol, I guess had it been for sale by a individual person I would understand the no return policy, but a company should have a return policy. Thank you both for you valued opinion, I think I might just pass on it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results