shape
carat
color
clarity

Need opinions on this setting I found. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blackrock611

Rough_Rock
What do you all think of this setting (attached) I found at a local jeweler? The center stone is my stone from WF that is just resting in the setting for the picture. I think it is gorgeous in person and very unique, but I just wanted to some opinions from some women about the design. I appreciate any feedback. My stone is .85 ct. and there are .43 carats total in the setting. THANKS!!

IMG00038-20090314-1605small.jpg

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
is there another pic? I really can''t get a good look at the setting. BTW the most important thing is that it makes YOUR heart flutter when you see it.
35.gif

blackrock611

Rough_Rock
Here is the only other picture I have of it. Sorry.

IMG00039-20090314-1606small.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are the two side bands detachable? If so, then the center ring looks like it could be very pretty!! If they aren''t detachable, then my first impression is that it is pretty, but a bit overly complex and thick.

blackrock611

Rough_Rock
Nope they arn''t detachable. My girlfriend has mentioned she does not like "dainty" rings and has picked out some thicker bands for rings. I think she will like the thickness of the band, but I guess the main thing I am concerned about it the "uniqueness" of the ring. Whether it may be too edgy or not...

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
If she likes thicker than she may really love the setting! When you tried on thicker rings together did the ring have small pave set stones or larger (blingier) sidestones? If she likes the thicker pave look than you are on the right track I would guess!

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
First impression, this is a very nice ring. It''s unique but not over the top. But I may be partial to it because I like rings with wider, split-shank bands, and pave sidestones. I also like six-prongs better than four, both for aesthetic and safety.

If you think that she would pick this out for herself, and it''s of good quality, go for it. If you''re unsure, propose to her with a temporary setting and the two of you can shop for the permanent setting together.

blackrock611

Rough_Rock
Thanks for everyones input, honestly these pictures don''t do it justice. It is much more impressive in person. Proposing with a temporary setting isn''t a bad idea. Never really thought about that before... Hmmm this is sooo difficult...

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I am not nuts about the design. It has too many elements going on that don't tie in. It actually looks like 3 separate bands that someone put together and distracts from the center stone (which I know is gorgeous because it's an ACA). I also don't like the prong positions. If you are looking for a thicker band have you considered a split shank band?

It's just my opinion but I love to see a stunning center stone highlighted by the setting, like all things lead up to the biggy.

And if it's too hard to decide, definitely go for the inexpensive setting and let your lady pick her own after you are engaged or for a special anniversary.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to somewhat agree with swingirl. It looks like a ring inset into a wrap. It could be pretty but I can really tell. And it does seem to have a lot
going on. I like the idea of letting her pick her own setting. That way she gets it right....I mean this could be something she plans on wearing for
the rest of her life. We really could use more pics of it. Side pics and maybe pics on your pinky finger.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results