shape
carat
color
clarity

Need opinions on this Ideal Scope Image

alicepie

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

I got this ideal scope from James Allen. I think it looks great, but I'm curious about what the black triangles in the lower left mean. It scored a 1.1 on the HCA and it's completely eye-clean. Here are the specs. I think it's a wonderful diamond, but I'm still a newb at this. I would love some help! Thanks!

Shape: Round
Carat weight: 1.46
Cut: Ideal
Color: H
Clarity: SI1
Certificate: AGS
Depth: 61.0%
Table: 56.0%
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Girdle: Thin to medium
Culet:
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 7.30*7.35*4.47

Ideal%20Scope%20Image.jpg

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks good.

pinoybruin

Rough_Rock
IS is good. You want pink and black.

antelope1

Brilliant_Rock
I think OP is referring to the extra large dark triangles at 7 and 8 o'clock in the table, between the arrows. What do those mean?

alicepie

Rough_Rock
Antelope is right. I can see that the scope image looks great because of the color and lack of leakage, but I'm wondering the triangles that he's referring to.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
refl of lgfs.

obviously not a H&A precision-cut stone but will still be a beautiful stone, some optical asymmetry is unsurprising.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
The black areas may indicate that the hearts (bottom of the diamond) in that area are a bit smaller and/or less symmetrical than the other hearts. Without a hearts image you won't know for sure. It's not a big deal if the stone is not being sold as a "true hearts" or H&A stone. ETA: Meaning you don't want to pay the H&A premium for a stone that's not a perfect H&A. The stone can still be a beautiful diamond even without perfect hearts.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Did they send a hearts image? That might show the bottom (pavilion) of the stone and shed some light on the facets and the dark triangles.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
this stone is gorgeous! I think you may need to follow up with the vendor if you are concerned about what that is...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results