shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Opinion On This Diamond from Distinctive Gem

Nikksyny

Rough_Rock
Happy Saturday, PSers. Can someone give me your feedback on this diamond, particularly the table and depth? From what I have learned on this site so far, I'm not sure the table and depth fall into ideal parameters. Thanks for any feedback!!!

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
I would not let .5 on the table be a deal breaker for a diamond from Distinctive Gem- they are quite selective about their diamonds so you are getting a quality, vetted diamond. The color and clarity are top notch too! You could probably go slightly bigger if the color and clarity aren’t as high a priority for you, but if you love the size, the images, and are happy with the price, this is an excellent choice.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I would not let .5 on the table be a deal breaker for a diamond from Distinctive Gem- they are quite selective about their diamonds so you are getting a quality, vetted diamond. The color and clarity are top notch too! You could probably go slightly bigger if the color and clarity aren’t as high a priority for you, but if you love the size, the images, and are happy with the price, this is an excellent choice.

I agree! Overall I think it looks gorgeous.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
The table at 57.5% and depth at 60.6% fall within ideal proportions. Jon is a master at selecting amazingly cut diamonds, and this is no exception.

You’re right- I misread the cert and thought it was 58.5! This is an ideal cut, a high color and clarity- truly a classic choice.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
You’re right- I misread the cert and thought it was 58.5! This is an ideal cut, a high color and clarity- truly a classic choice.

I dunno about you, but those numbers show up so freaking small unless I open the image in a separate tab and then zoom in. They are incredibly easy to misread (which is maybe what happened to OP too?).
While I would personally go a little lower in color and clarity (VS1 or VS2) to get a larger diamond, this is an excellent choice for someone who wants a really high color and clarity combination.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
I dunno about you, but those numbers show up so freaking small unless I open the image in a separate tab and then zoom in. They are incredibly easy to misread (which is maybe what happened to OP too?).
While I would personally go a little lower in color and clarity (VS1 or VS2) to get a larger diamond, this is an excellent choice for someone who wants a really high color and clarity combination.
I agree on all fronts- I’m usually reading PS from my iPhone so the certs are tiny. I also agree with you on the color and clarity- I have a 2.14 carat F VS2 diamond that is white enough and totally eye clean (and picked by David at Diamond by Lauren ❤️), and feel like that combo was a good value. It comes down to personal preference though- maybe they’re shooting for as close to perfect on paper as possible
I found this one that’s only one color and clarity grade less but almost half a carat bigger for only $500 more- that would probably be my pick. I don’t think most people would notice any difference besides the size:

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results