shape
carat
color
clarity

Need opinion on damaged sapphires Tiffany’s embrace band

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have the Tiffany embrace band which my husband bought me around five years ago. I wasn’t stacking then and would wear this band every day doing whatever I was doing. I damaged the sapphires..One is chipped and the others are badly abraded. I haven’t worn it in a while because of that and would like to wear it again..but I don’t want to bring it back to Tiffany to have the sapphires replaced. Since frequenting this site I am not sold that their diamonds and sapphires are better than everyone’s. I would like to replace the sapphires either with diamonds to match the others to make it just be a diamond band..or substitute the blue sapphires for something else. I want to use it but don’t want to spend thousands by bringing it to Tiffany. I don’t care if it devalues it because someone other than Tiffany replaces the stones. It’s the top one on my finger. The others are cheapy ones I was showing to Stonehunter...so please ignore those. I appreciate any suggestions!
B9FA3537-0936-4A5C-8AE7-2C4388069EE5.jpeg

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still think you should go to Tiffany's first and get an estimate. I think their sapphires are totally fine. I have heard of people resetting a Tiffany diamond ring with them, and the cost was not that much higher than anywhere else that does quality work.

As far as diamonds go, you'd need to match them to the others in the band which are likely excellent cut. I'd get an estimate from Tiffany first, and then you can go from there.

Unfortunately, gemstone rings just can't be worn all the time without getting some wear or damage, especially when girdles are exposed.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I still think you should go to Tiffany's first and get an estimate. I think their sapphires are totally fine. I have heard of people resetting a Tiffany diamond ring with them, and the cost was not that much higher than anywhere else that does quality work.

As far as diamonds go, you'd need to match them to the others in the band which are likely excellent cut. I'd get an estimate from Tiffany first, and then you can go from there.

Unfortunately, gemstone rings just can't be worn all the time without getting some wear or damage, especially when girdles are exposed.
Thanks @diamondseeker2006 You’re right..I’ll do that first..

Frumasring

Shiny_Rock
Tell me more about the bottom 2 bands. I love them!!!

I have the Tiffany embrace band which my husband bought me around five years ago. I wasn’t stacking then and would wear this band every day doing whatever I was doing. I damaged the sapphires..One is chipped and the others are badly abraded. I haven’t worn it in a while because of that and would like to wear it again..but I don’t want to bring it back to Tiffany to have the sapphires replaced. Since frequenting this site I am not sold that their diamonds and sapphires are better than everyone’s. I would like to replace the sapphires either with diamonds to match the others to make it just be a diamond band..or substitute the blue sapphires for something else. I want to use it but don’t want to spend thousands by bringing it to Tiffany. I don’t care if it devalues it because someone other than Tiffany replaces the stones. It’s the top one on my finger. The others are cheapy ones I was showing to Stonehunter...so please ignore those. I appreciate any suggestions!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you! The top one is a Tiffany but the bottom two are inexpensive bands I got on Amazon. If you put in 14k white gold baguette sapphire and diamond band in the search bar they should come up. One is more substantial without milgrain..The skinny baby one has milgrain and I use that one as a spacer.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! The top one is a Tiffany but the bottom two are inexpensive bands I got on Amazon. If you put in 14k white gold baguette sapphire and diamond band in the search bar they should come up. One is more substantial without milgrain..The skinny baby one has milgrain and I use that one as a spacer.

Hello! I know this is an old thread, but could you let me know what price tiffany quoted you to replace the sapphires? I am getting the same band in pink and would love to know for the future. Its bound to happen to me too, lol! :)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Did this story have a happy ending ?

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Yes..I had the sapphires replaced with diamonds..:kiss2:

Ohh, lovely! I actually had the same idea if something were to happen to my sapphires. Did tiffany do the work? If not, would you mind sharing the details?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohh, lovely! I actually had the same idea if something were to happen to my sapphires. Did tiffany do the work? If not, would you mind sharing the details?

No..Tiffany wouldn’t do it..They weren’t any help at all. They told me in the beginning that the band isn’t meant for every day…I told her that I should have been told when I was purchasing the band. They would have replaced them with sapphires at my cost which I didn’t want again for the reasons we’re talking about. They wouldn’t replace them with diamonds either…I contacted David…I told him to replace the diamonds with exactly the same specs. They match perfectly…If I didn’t know the previous placement of the sapphires I wouldn’t be able tell where the new diamonds are. I wear it all the time now.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello! I know this is an old thread, but could you let me know what price tiffany quoted you to replace the sapphires? I am getting the same band in pink and would love to know for the future. Its bound to happen to me too, lol! :)

I’m sorry @meesmom I just saw this. I didn‘t ask for a quote because I wasn‘t interested in replacing them with sapphires again.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
No..Tiffany wouldn’t do it..They weren’t any help at all. They told me in the beginning that the band isn’t meant for every day…I told her that I should have been told when I was purchasing the band. They would have replaced them with sapphires at my cost which I didn’t want again for the reasons we’re talking about. They wouldn’t replace them with diamonds either…I contacted David…I told him to replace the diamonds with exactly the same specs. They match perfectly…If I didn’t know the previous placement of the sapphires I wouldn’t be able tell where the new diamonds are. I wear it all the time now.
Im so glad it all worked out for you!! Maybe a picture please? :)

Yeah i was afraid of that. Tiffany can be super obnoxious unless you get the one rep in repairs thats super nice and accomodating. How dare you wear the ring, lol?? Omg.....and im sure they didnt tell you not to wear it daily. If they did, you might not have bought it.

I just bought one preowed at a great deal, and know there is probably some damage to the sapphires. I think if they need to be replaced i would go the same route you did. Id love to see the work, and if you dont mind, who is David affiliated with? I might need to contact him. Thanks!!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im so glad it all worked out for you!! Maybe a picture please? :)

Yeah i was afraid of that. Tiffany can be super obnoxious unless you get the one rep in repairs thats super nice and accomodating. How dare you wear the ring, lol?? Omg.....and im sure they didnt tell you not to wear it daily. If they did, you might not have bought it.

I just bought one preowed at a great deal, and know there is probably some damage to the sapphires. I think if they need to be replaced i would go the same route you did. Id love to see the work, and if you dont mind, who is David affiliated with? I might need to contact him. Thanks!!!

@meesmom David Klass replaced them. Here are some photos..If you search for my thread on my former ACA “Summer” VS2 I color…You can see a video..
C43BB99E-D112-4C2D-A329-4DCD9CE2191F.jpeg 034A5580-3045-4E64-A7B9-FF91E87E5E73.jpeg

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
@meesmom David Klass replaced them. Here are some photos..If you search for my thread on my former ACA “Summer” VS2 I color…You can see a video..
C43BB99E-D112-4C2D-A329-4DCD9CE2191F.jpeg 034A5580-3045-4E64-A7B9-FF91E87E5E73.jpeg 034A5580-3045-4E64-A7B9-FF91E87E5E73.jpeg

Ahh David Klass, of course! Love his work! It looks amazing, like it always was diamonds. Thank you so much for the info. Now i know where to go when my time comes!!
Now off to watch your video!! ;-)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ahh David Klass, of course! Love his work! It looks amazing, like it always was diamonds. Thank you so much for the info. Now i know where to go when my time comes!!
Now off to watch your video!! ;-)

You may not need to! Just don’t loupe it and you’ll be fine..haha

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results