shape
carat
color
clarity

Need input on diamond band...

clueless26

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone...we will be looking to buy a ring in the next 3-5 months and I would just like a little input. Because of the increased diamond prices I have decided to not get a solitaire and get a a diamond band. I'm not real sure about these. We were looking to spend between 4-5k. I would like the stones to be .40-.50. Can I get that for 4-5k? I'd like a 7 or 9 stone. I wear a size 7.5 and want to make sure it will cover the top of my finger. I don't want it to stick up at all...I want it to sit very low and wrap around my finger. So, I guess I'm asking is this doable? What input and ideas do you have?

Eilonwy

Shiny_Rock
For what it's worth I saw a girl with a diamond band as her engagement ring and I thought it looked fantastic. You get so much more bling for your buck.

I think the whiteflash band that Clueless has linked to is probably what you're after? Bear in mind what other bands you plan on wearing with it later on because these can scratch other rings. I think in considering this look forward and think what the eventual "set" will look like.

clueless26

Rough_Rock
I like the first ring posted best. Is it possible to have them made with .40 -.50 carat stones? Would this be too big? Thanks so much for the help.

clueless26

Rough_Rock
yes, that one is what I'm looking for only with bigger diamonds. I would wear this band by itself. We may decide to buy a solitaire down the road, but for now the band would be my engagement/wedding band.

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
I would contact ID Jewelry. Quite a few PS'ers have gotten nice 5 stone rings with really pretty stones at great prices. I think .4 each would be an awesome, blingy size!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I love the idea of a diamond band instead of a traditional engagement ring. If you haven't already done so though I would try on some rings at a local jeweler to find out what looks best on your hand. I recently received this 5-stone ring with 40 pointers in a size 6 and it provides plenty of finger coverage. I could have even gone with 30 pointers and still covered the top of my ring finger. 7 to 9 stones of 40 to 50 points each might be more than you need and you could save some money by going with smaller or fewer diamonds.

DSC_0304.JPG

clueless26

Rough_Rock
i love your ring..beautiful! Do you have any side views of it?? Does it sit low on your finger?

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Size and finger coverage:
30/40 pointers: 5 round diamonds or 7 princess/asscher/emerald diamonds
20/30 pointers: 7 round diamonds or 9 princess/asscher/emerald diamonds

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Thank you clueless26. I really love this ring and it is very blingy on the hand.

And thank you purplesilk for linking my thread. That shows a great side view photo of my ring. It does sit quite low and it is very comfortable to wear.

sarahharris

Rough_Rock
Trade
Personally, I love pave and diamond accented settings. I think they add so much more to the ring.

As far as what you can get for $4k-$5k, you can definitely get a 0.40-0.50 carat stone as well as a diamond accented setting. I would suggest maybe looking at a knife edge pave. I myself prefer pave to side stones, but that's just me!

Just know that you can definitely get a great ring on that budget. Good luck!

clueless26

Rough_Rock
thanks for all the links...I looked at them all. I think a 5 or 7 stone at .40 carats each is what I'm looking for. All these pictures have gotten be really excited!! Thanks again

mistersam_gg_gia

Rough_Rock
Trade
It depends on where you look, but you can definitely purchase a lovely 5 stone ring with 2.00cttw with G-H color diamonds with SI clarity for around $4500-$5000 (stones would be ~0.4ct each). Good luck and let us know what you end up purchasing!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results