shape
carat
color
clarity

Need ideas for Old Mine diamond

SnowWhite

Rough_Rock
Hello all, I have been a long time lurker and very much enjoy looking at the gorgeous diamonds here.

I have a 1.60 L/M SI2 Old Mine diamond which I would like to have set into a ring. The stone has a chip in the girdle which can be seen in the upper right of the photo and it has a few inclusions but is mostly eye clean. My wedding set is yellow gold so I thought perhaps a right hand ring made of yellow and white gold would look nice.

I really like Love Street's ring with the French cut side stones

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/feel-the-warmth-leon-mege-calibrated-french-cuts-avc.155906/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/feel-the-warmth-leon-mege-calibrated-french-cuts-avc.155906/[/URL]

however, I am afraid it might be out of my budget.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a setting for my stone which would be affordable yet give a similar look? Thank you!

Old Mine Diamond.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I have a feeling that would be a very expensive setting. At least 7k. I haven't seen many alternative settings that are similar though. I guess I would check with all the usual suspects of WF, SS and BGD though I bet prices are up everywhere with gold prices being so extremely high. :nono:

SnowWhite

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the great suggestions. I took a look at all of the settings at Whiteflash, Brian Gavin and James Allen. Although they are all gorgeous, they don't have quite the same delicate yet substantial look as Love Street's. In thinking about what I like most about Love Street's ring I discovered that I really like how the side diamonds come almost up to the girdle of the center stone, how the side diamonds are graduated and the delicate double prongs. Of course, I love the French cut diamonds but perhaps I could get a similar look using the carre or princess cuts?

Sarahbear - I knew WF and BGD, but what is SS - I am not familiar with them. Thanks.

Any other ideas anyone?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
SnowWhite|1314313596|2999677 said:
Thank you for the great suggestions. I took a look at all of the settings at Whiteflash, Brian Gavin and James Allen. Although they are all gorgeous, they don't have quite the same delicate yet substantial look as Love Street's. In thinking about what I like most about Love Street's ring I discovered that I really like how the side diamonds come almost up to the girdle of the center stone, how the side diamonds are graduated and the delicate double prongs. Of course, I love the French cut diamonds but perhaps I could get a similar look using the carre or princess cuts?

Sarahbear - I knew WF and BGD, but what is SS - I am not familiar with them. Thanks.

Any other ideas anyone?

not sure what budget you are looking at- but would someone like Daniel M on etsy be able to do it for less? not sure if with gold and diamond prices being what they are that you will find such a great setting on a budget.

asymons412

Shiny_Rock
You can give it to me. :bigsmile: I wish I had some other helpful input, sorry! It's a lovely stone.

moosemom

Shiny_Rock
Snow White - pretty diamond. I have an AVC on hold right that is a 1.66 L SI1 - so pretty similar to yours. Do you mind my asking what budget range you are looking in? I too fell in love with the beautiful tapered French Cut settings here on price scope. I am considering Victor Canera for the design of my ring. He just gave me a rough estimate tonight of about $5200 for the tapered french cut setting (Sophia) and about $4500 for a setting using uniform sized french cut diamonds instead of the taper. This is up from a quote from last month. I better stop procrastinating ....

moosemom

Shiny_Rock
One more thing. You mentioned trying to maybe get a similar look to the tapered french cuts for less. I remembered a post with a gorgeous AVC set by Leon Mege in which the prices scoper mentions something about Leon suggesting using traps and bullets to get a similar look for less .... yes here it is

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bad-pricescoper-fantastic-avc-lm-creation.161471/

This ring is stunning. Not sure how much less it would be though - especially if designed by Leon.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results