shape
carat
color
clarity

need honest opinions on this design

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/24/2007 2:32:18 PM
Author: Gypsy
Hi Sharon, I wish my story could help you... and I''m happy to share, but I really think its person specific, and I don''t think it''s going to be of much help from you.

Still, I''m happy to share. It was a combination of things for me. I''ve gotten older since my proposal, and I''m not in such a rush any more to have it all, and have it now. I realize that many of the larger rings on here have been upgrades and purchased once the couples are more established, and I have faith in the fact that we''ll get there too. And my fiance spent so much time and effort picking this stone out for me, and my unhappiness was making him unhappy, and that was the last thing I wanted. Plus, having an appraiser confirm that the cut was steller and that it was a great asscher really helped me accept that I have a quality diamond to wear, and that I was being too influenced by other people (not just on PS... the fact that my asscher gets mistaken for less than a carat by round wearers was wearing on me). And finally, oddly enough... my mother''s been ill, and I''ve realized how ungrateful I was being for all my blessings-- my fiance is a wonderful man who does his best to make me happy every moment of everyday, and my diamond was a symbol of that relentless desire of his to please me. So, I started loving it again and decided to alleviate my shrinkage with a halo... and keep in mind that if it shrinks again, further down the road, I''ll put it away in a box for a while and come back to it (it will look larger with time away) and if I can afford it, get a larger diamond in a different shape as an alternate later on.

As I said, I don''t think any of that helps you. It sounds like your problem is with your feelings about how your husband has handled this-- now and for the last 15 years, not so much with your diamond.

I did check out some of the rings on canturi... and WOW I''m in love with one of the bands, and the settings are so unique! If the price is the same or less than your princess, well, I can understand your resentment if you can''t have the ring you want, and are instead being held hostage to a diamond you don''t want. It would make me angry too. It''s not really the gift from the heart it sounds like you wanted, if it comes with all these conditions.

Personally, I''d sit my husband down for a talk and straighten him out.
Gypsy, that was really helpful, so thank you for sharing. It shows me another variation of the spectrum. You have shrinkage issues not quality and I have quality issues not shrinkage!!!!

I hope your Mum gets better, at the end of the day, that is what is important.

And as for my h. I am used to him, he has always been hard work.....to say the least!!!!!

The rings at Canturi are devine, they look even better in real life.

With your ring, I think the halo idea sounds wonderful. And I think it is very special that your h. put in so much effort for you to be happy. Being at the start of your future together, you have so much to look forward to and to achieve. You my friend are just at the beginning!!!!!!
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Like I said, my situation is very different.
2.gif
I'll be waiting eagerly for pics of your princess and watching your ring progress with interest. Best of luck getting your dream ring, and thank you for introducing me to a new designer with such stunning pieces.

This bracelet and both the narrow and the wide band from this collection (Cubism) are stunning. Here's the bracelet.

canturi cubism bracelet.JPG

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/24/2007 12:47:43 AM
Author: somethingshiny

how bout now

< Admin Help >
Here is how to include your picture.
1. One right click on any picture within pricescoep forum.
2. Click on properties and copy the URL address.
For example: in this case the address is http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/DWRing1.JPGhttp://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/markmorrell3prongwrap.jpg
3. Click on cancel to get out of the properties window
4. Start a post.
5. Type what you want and when you want to insert the picture click on
image.gif
6. Paste the above address that you copied from the image and click insert.
7. And that it.

Hope this helps!!!
DWRing1.JPG
Just continuing this thread because I couldnt work out how to get this photo up even with the instructions!!!

The update is that this is the ring that my h. is using as a basis for a design for my diamond. He is changing some of the aspects of this design. eg. he is not using these prongs, but is using corner type prongs. He is also making the design simpler eg not 3 sided diamonds on the ring. He is also not using micro pave, just pave (bead set). The setter he is using has just recieved 2 pairs of triangles for them to choose from. They had to be ordered from OS as there were no pairs of triangles locally in the colour and size needed....weird hey!!! So, out of the 2 sets to choose from, they ended up chosing the smaller of the two as it was more sparkly.

My question for the experts......does anybody know who is actually the maker of this ring? Is it a ring from an actual PS`er??? I would love to see the site from where this ring came from. I must admit that my h. must be quite taken with this design as he is putting in much more effort than I would have ever guessed. My h. is someone who has never cared for diamonds, but he seems to really love this design.
BTW, it should be ready early Dec!!!!!
36.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2007 9:28:57 AM
Author: Sharon101

The update is that this is the ring that my h. is using as a basis for a design for my diamond. He is changing some of the aspects of this design. eg. he is not using these prongs, but is using corner type prongs. He is also making the design simpler eg not 3 sided diamonds on the ring. He is also not using micro pave, just pave (bead set). The setter he is using has just recieved 2 pairs of triangles for them to choose from. They had to be ordered from OS as there were no pairs of triangles locally in the colour and size needed....weird hey!!! So, out of the 2 sets to choose from, they ended up chosing the smaller of the two as it was more sparkly.

My question for the experts......does anybody know who is actually the maker of this ring? Is it a ring from an actual PS`er??? I would love to see the site from where this ring came from. I must admit that my h. must be quite taken with this design as he is putting in much more effort than I would have ever guessed. My h. is someone who has never cared for diamonds, but he seems to really love this design.
36.gif
Sharon, I just have to ask.......

Do you want this? Do you like it?

Your entire post talks about your husband.....his choices, his decisions, his liking the design. In that entire post, what I don't hear is what YOU want or like.

Honey, he's already picked a stone that HE likes (but you don't). Please tell me that he's not deciding which setting you'll get without consensus from you......?
33.gif

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/2/2007 10:58:37 PM
Author: aljdewey

Date: 11/2/2007 9:28:57 AM
Author: Sharon101

36.gif
Sharon, I just have to ask.......

Do you want this? Do you like it?

Your entire post talks about your husband.....his choices, his decisions, his liking the design. In that entire post, what I don''t hear is what YOU want or like.

Honey, he''s already picked a stone that HE likes (but you don''t). Please tell me that he''s not deciding which setting you''ll get without consensus from you......?
33.gif
Well, Im the one who gave him the photo of the design as well as some simpler ones. So he chose it out of my pictures. I honestly dont know what my true choice is because I liked so many designs.

And yes he is taking over, but he is a jeweller so that makes it a little different. He has all sorts of people he deals with to make rings all the time. He has put in a lot of effort because it has been alot of work to line up all the quotes (both local and interstate) and to buy the extra diamonds to match the original which is quite white.

As an example, I have many assorted small diamonds in old rings etc that I said he should use up in this ring. But he wont hear of it and wants it to all match perfectly. So he is taking this on with a passion I wouldnt have guessed. So at this point my interest has peaked and Im hoping that it will be all that!!!!

And just so you know,I am an accountant and do all the families work, so that usually becomes the deal breaker. You dont want to fight with your accountant!!!!
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif

LettingGo

Rough_Rock
Belle, where can I find that ring and what is the price the that beauty? I would love to have it as a right hand ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results