shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

trip

Rough_Rock
I recently purchased a 2.0 ct Princess cut for my GF through a friend of a friend in the industry and was supposedly given wholesale price. Anyway, the other day, we met someone with a 1.60 ct princess and the table size seemed Identical so I have been very skeptical if it is a 2.0 (but I know table size isnt everything). He appraised it (through his friend..) for me after it was set and here are the numbers

Shape and cut Princess
measurements 6.84x6.72x4.88MM
weight 2.0
Proportions
Depth 72.6%
Table 65%
Girdle medium
Culet none
Finish
Polish good
Symmetry good
Clarity Grade VS-2
Color Grade I
Flourescence Faint

Should I get this GIA certified to make sure?
Any help is appreciated

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
The same guy you bought it from appraised it for you? If you have doubts have it appraised by an accredited independent appraiser. Click on the "appraisers" link at the top of the page to find one near you. It will generally cost $75 - $200 or so. Being 2 ct it may cost more if they charge per carat. What do you mean by he is "in the industry"? Do you have any recourse if it doesn't turn out to be like he said?

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Bump for opinions.
1.gif

HELP!!!!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results