shape
carat
color
clarity

need help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bonez711

Rough_Rock
hello everyone newbie here

im in need of assitance in choosing a diamond ring i understand the 4c's but just dont know what to look for in other details ie crown pavillion gridle dimensions,fluorescents. my price range is 5-6k i wanted something like 1.0 carat round cut d-f color vvs1-vs2 clarity i have read the advaced tuturioal but just wanted some basic numbers to jot down input and tips

sincerely
bonez711

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Is that price for just the diamond or does it include the setting?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hard to say.

Do you want the best there is? If yes, I think you need to reduce some requirements. Or do you want bang for the buck? In the case of the latter, still a good idea to go to G SI1 or so.

Here's a chart: http://diamonds.pricescope.com/round.asp
I believe that staying within 1A-1B, as well as HCA under 2, is a safe place to be.

bonez711

Rough_Rock
well i was quoted 6500 for d 1.0 carat vvs1 gia cerified seems tgtbt.... as for the 5-6k that was my inteded budget so it was either with or without the setting

thanks

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
You do have some demanding numbers to resolve.

Here''s one that actually seems to make them.

Notes under my signature show how to find this one (the search by cut option, using the HCA...and letting a big range of crown & pavillion angles be resolved automatically for you, while taking them into consideration, all), and what could be other possible candidates.

bonez711

Rough_Rock
thanks for the replies... i just wanted to stay in that range (5-6k) but get the best specs i can get thanks ps

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's...would you rather have something .90+ E/F VS or 1+ F SI1 (or maybe G VS2)

Or the other option is to take a chance on virtual stones.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2007 9:36:01 PM
Author: Miranda
I''d get this! It is an H SI1 so I don''t know if that works for you.http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-210378.htm If you haven''t seen any G, H, or I colored round ideal cut stones, I''d suggest you do that. Most of the time they are very white. And an SI1 is probably eye clean.
Don''t know if I agree with this. Some are, some aren''t. Lots of factors involved. You would have to ask the vendor to be sure.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2007 9:06:37 PM
Author: bonez711
well i was quoted 6500 for d 1.0 carat vvs1 gia cerified seems tgtbt.... as for the 5-6k that was my inteded budget so it was either with or without the setting

thanks
not sure if the option you describe has also been judged on any scale for cut. Could it be that allows the price to be so modest?

Even the one I picked above is a BIC, and not cut conventionally...worth considering, definitely under 2 on the HCA...but rating an AGS7 otherwise (Leonid, is that the new or old system...or does that matter very much?).

Dropping to a G seems to open up options, and is not inconsistent with your other targets. You can still get VS2. For example, this could be another option to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results