shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help!!!

Kirand

Rough_Rock
Hello All Experts!

I have been searching under my budget, a bigger and eye clean oval diamond for a while and stumbled upon this one, i know its right at the edge with color and clarity according to my research, i am planning to have a platinum setting with a halo areound it in a pave band. I am getting this baby for 16k ! And wondering if i am making the rigjt choice here?

Please help!! I also have a picture of it and i am told that it is eye clean and no visible bowtie also the diamond appeats white for its color in reality.
Please help!

2.59 carat Oval
11.85 x 7.50 x 4.3
Color: J
Clarity: SI1
Cut: Very Good
L to W ratio: 1.58
Polish and symmetry: Good
Girdle: Med to very thick
Culet: Medium
GIA certified
Shape and cutting style: Oval brilliant

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately we cant tell you anything about fancy cut stones (ovals) from just the numbers. We need up close photos, aset,
idealscope images, videos or anything that might help us see the faceting pattern and get an impression of the light return.
Unfortunately, numbers wont do it.

Edit...post the picture, maybe we can see something from that.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
An oval that large in that color rubs the risk of showing a fair amount of color.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd also like to see the picture, but I also agree that J in an oval is going to show the tint and I personally would look at H-I color a little smaller.

Kirand

Rough_Rock
image_113.png

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
No. Just. No. From that picture, which is admittedly a mug shot, that is not a stone to buy and it looks like it has a significant bowtie. Can they send you a video of the stone?

Is this for you or for someone else?

If it is for someone else do they want an oval?

How do you know they want an oval? Did they say so specifically?

Kirand

Rough_Rock
It is for me :( i want it because i saw kylie jenner's ring and that took my breath away :(
Ugh! I am sad now, please help me find something that is eye clean and in my budget, i dont care to
Sell it ever and my only concern is it should look eye clean!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's got the old cut faceting. So the color could be okay. And honestly the cut could be too. But from that picture it's not a go.

Ask them for a video.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That one needs an ASET from JA.

10x7.5: https://enchanteddiamonds.com/diamonds/view/O212-367201695 Nice stone if it is eyeclean.

This one is 10x7 and if eyeclean is a very nice stone with great light return: https://enchanteddiamonds.com/diamonds/view/O200-36Z7478Z0

This one is 9x7 and if eyeclean is a very nice stone with nice light return. https://enchanteddiamonds.com/diamonds/view/O201-093Z3Z719

They are all Si2's so you'd have to check on how clean they are.

I wish this one had a real ASET: https://enchanteddiamonds.com/diamonds/view/O202-134984835 It has promise.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I could hardly tell what her ring was. A marquise or an oval. Would you take a marquise?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Niel|1474249859|4078221 said:
I could hardly tell what her ring was. A marquise or an oval. Would you intake a marquise?

I was thinking that too. If you could find a fat marquise... and they have even better spread that ovals! Great question Niel.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Kirand

Rough_Rock
Oh i wish that was an oval instead of a marquise , i dont know if i like the pointy style on top and bottom of a marquise , and i think kylie
Has an oval halo with the centre oval solataire because it is curved from the top and bottom.
Can i please have your thoughts on it?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kirand|1474314662|4078478 said:
Oh i wish that was an oval instead of a marquise , i dont know if i like the pointy style on top and bottom of a marquise , and i think kylie
Has an oval halo with the centre oval solataire because it is curved from the top and bottom.
Can i please have your thoughts on it?
Well her ring is in a halo it's not a soli, from what I can tell

Also the fact you can't even tell what shape it is makes me at honestly who cares? If you want a long thin stone does does it matter if it's a fat marquise or a thin oval?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok I have no idea if this will work, but can you see this video (should be a tiny button to play on top right)?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/embed/video/1323555.html

Because this is the only video I can find where the ring is actually clear and it's SUPER hard to tell that it's an oval because it's so long and thin, and it almost looks pointed at the ends. I honestly think if you like this look then you'd be happy with a marquise.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
nm

Kirand

Rough_Rock
image_1092.jpg
image_1091.jpg

Ok so let me ask you guys this, see how her ring has the halo setting that is more curved rather than the image
With marquise diamond in marquise halo setting? I dont like the look of that being pointy from the top and bottom.
So is there a way to have an oval setting with the fat marquise in the middle if that gives me the same look and serves the purpose?

I hope i make sense??

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes you could ask them to round the tips

es1664rgmqbs.jpg

picsart_09-19-08.jpg

picsart_39.jpg

picsart_40.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In my opinion you have three options.
Buy a smaller oval
Buy buy marquise and accept the slight point you might have
I'll your budget.

But honestly you won't want probably even an I (definitely not J) color oval in a white metal halo in as the contrast will be noticeable. Where you want size and elongation and affordability marquise seems to get you there. But youd have a small point.

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
So Kylie's ring is a moval from Joe Escobar diamonds, stone is from Rahaminov. How do I know this? Because I follow like fifty jewelers in IG and they posted her with it. They had to delete it ( probably because they would have to pay her $$$ for using her pic to promote their stuff).

Here are some similar ones they have. Yes a marquise will be a pit pointier, but you could use larger stones in the halo to soften the shape. I'm assuming you are looking for a giant stone to get that Kylie look- what's your finger size?

j

_38301.jpg

_38302.jpg

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Damn waited to long to edit- just watched to video on graces site and this stones bow tie doesn't really turn "on", for the most part it stays dark. Hmmmm... May still be worth a look in person as it checks all your other boxes, but I will wait for Gypsy or Niel to chime in

Kirand

Rough_Rock
Yeah i def not want that pointy look, i called JA to see if they can fix me a oval halo with marquise diamond and they said it will leave
A gap between the setting and the diamond :(
So back to finding a long oval/moval again and is that website trusted? I am
Sorry i havent heard of it before
Niel and gypsy? Any word?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jewels by Grace is a reputable vendor.

I do think it's has a bowtie. But so does the original.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kirand|1474245678|4078198 said:

Can you get a video on this stone? Because this is an antique oval, and they are as rare as hen's teeth. If this stone performs well, I'd get it in a heartbeat.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results