shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help with Whiteflash Annette's Eternity Band

Angela1231

Rough_Rock
I've been a long time lurker of the forum and finally placed my own order of an 1.922 ACA with Legato sleek line setting and an Annett's eternity band from Whiteflash in May.

I received photos of the completed ring last Friday. The solitaire was totally fine but I found the prongs of the eternity band was too prominent. I checked the photos on the WF site and told the WF expert I worked with that I wanted the prongs lower and smaller. It can be tell from the site photos that the prongs are about the same height with the stones and there is less metal.

However, I received an email from a WF representative that the production team recommended "not adjust the prongs any further as this will weaken the ring and may be cause of it going out of round easier and possibly loosing stones", and WF has "attempted this in the past for a few clients and it didn’t go well". She also said that the screen shot I provided (which I took from the WF site) "is of an older model which was discontinued years ago", and she has ”sent an inquiry to the web development team to double check that and correct any images that may be showing on the site by error“.

I'd like to know that if Whiteflash has changed the model of Annette's band? If yes, then they should have changed the photos on their website. As I am shopping online, I'm paying for what I see from the site, including the photos and the description. And do you think the prongs are too prominent and I should insist having them fixed?

Attached are the photos I received and the screen shot I provided to the WF rep, as well as the link to the product. Any comments will be appreciate! Thank you all!

Annette-U-Prong-Wedding-Band-by-Whiteflash_3q.jpg
Annette-U-Prong-Wedding-Band-by-Whiteflash_ttr.jpg
1.pic.jpg

Last edited:

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
I remember another PSer had this same exact problem with this band before. The prongs ended up being ginormous. Dang I can’t remember who though. I do agree that the prongs are very prominent

Angela1231

Rough_Rock
My order is to be shipped to Macau, and I definitely don't want to deal with the shipping and taxes&duties related to the return (as it's semi-customized, I don't even know if I can do that).

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those prongs look extremely large to me. Can you request pics of the ring on someone's hand so you can see accurate proportions of the prongs? I agree that it seems really odd to have an old pic on the website if the actual product wont look that way (and in fact can't look that way due to structural issues).

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
O agree with what the previous posters have said. One more detail that jumped out to me: the inner part of the band looks like it has been shaved down in the picture from the website. It's still still perfectly round in the picture of your ring.
This is also making a big difference visually between the pictures and makes the ring sit lower in the finger when worn

Angela1231

Rough_Rock
Those prongs look extremely large to me. Can you request pics of the ring on someone's hand so you can see accurate proportions of the prongs? I agree that it seems really odd to have an old pic on the website if the actual product wont look that way (and in fact can't look that way due to structural issues).

Thank you! @lovedogs Taking a look of hand shots is a great idea and I've sent an email requesting photos. Hopefully will get some by tomorrow.

Angela1231

Rough_Rock
O agree with what the previous posters have said. One more detail that jumped out to me: the inner part of the band looks like it has been shaved down in the picture from the website. It's still still perfectly round in the picture of your ring.
This is also making a big difference visually between the pictures and makes the ring sit lower in the finger when worn
I checked the image from the website and the inner part does look flatter. But it doesn't bother me as much as the prongs.
Annettes-U-Prong-Eternity-Diamond-Wedding-Ring-in-Platinum_gi_5401-220_b-31053.jpeg

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
When comparing WF website pic and yours - it almost looks like a different band. The Us on your band are much more profound and visible - longer (due to bigger prongs) and not as shaved down on the bottom (as someone else pointed out). Given how small the stones are, there is too much metal for my taste.

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
What size are the stones on this band?

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see 3 major differences:

1. As already pointed out, the bottom of the band (red) is more flat in the website picture vs your completed band.

2. Also as pointed out, the height (blue) of the prongs seem much longer/taller.

3. Lastly, it appears the width (green) of the prongs on your ring is more skinny than the one on the website.

The last item could be a visual trick as same width with taller prong may trick our eyes into thinking it's more skinny. Just as two people, both weighing 200# may look very different. The 6' guy may look more thin than the 5.5' tall guy yet their weight is identical.

I am not a jewelry designer but work with engineering principles where you have to develop strength, etc. I am wondering if increasing the width could develop the strength needed to lower the prong heights w/o sacrificing durability and making you happier with the appearance.

Inked1.pic_LI.jpg

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I've been a long time lurker of the forum and finally placed my own order of an 1.922 ACA with Legato sleek line setting and an Annett's eternity band from Whiteflash in May.

I received photos of the completed ring last Friday. The solitaire was totally fine but I found the prongs of the eternity band was too prominent. I checked the photos on the WF site and told the WF expert I worked with that I wanted the prongs lower and smaller. It can be tell from the site photos that the prongs are about the same height with the stones and there is less metal.

However, I received an email from a WF representative that the production team recommended "not adjust the prongs any further as this will weaken the ring and may be cause of it going out of round easier and possibly loosing stones", and WF has "attempted this in the past for a few clients and it didn’t go well". She also said that the screen shot I provided (which I took from the WF site) "is of an older model which was discontinued years ago", and she has ”sent an inquiry to the web development team to double check that and correct any images that may be showing on the site by error“.

I'd like to know that if Whiteflash has changed the model of Annette's band? If yes, then they should have changed the photos on their website. As I am shopping online, I'm paying for what I see from the site, including the photos and the description. And do you think the prongs are too prominent and I should insist having them fixed?

Attached are the photos I received and the screen shot I provided to the WF rep, as well as the link to the product. Any comments will be appreciate! Thank you all!

Annette-U-Prong-Wedding-Band-by-Whiteflash_3q.jpg
Annette-U-Prong-Wedding-Band-by-Whiteflash_ttr.jpg
1.pic.jpg
@Angela1231,
I apologize for the confusion. Yes ,we made some changes to the design a while back and unfortunately we failed to update all of our imaging.

Those changes were designed to make the style more durable for daily wear and less likely for stones to become loose.

Your consultant will work with you to make any adjustments necessary for you to be completely happy with aesthetics and confident in the durability of the piece. Our production manager is aware of the situation and will do whatever is necessary to solve the issue.

Imaging updates to the website are taking place as we speak, so that other customers are not confused by the mismatch.

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's very odd. I like the pic you sent to them from the website a lot more than the pics of your ring. Your ring also looks to have much flatter prongs than the example image, which looks rounder and softer. Overall these changes make the ring look considerably more ungainly. Almost like a mainstream stock setting.

Angela1231

Rough_Rock
@Angela1231,
I apologize for the confusion. Yes ,we made some changes to the design a while back and unfortunately we failed to update all of our imaging.

Those changes were designed to make the style more durable for daily wear and less likely for stones to become loose.

Your consultant will work with you to make any adjustments necessary for you to be completely happy with aesthetics and confident in the durability of the piece. Our production manager is aware of the situation and will do whatever is necessary to solve the issue.

Imaging updates to the website are taking place as we speak, so that other customers are not confused by the mismatch.

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.
@Texas Leaguer
Thank you for your reply.

The consultants at WF are great to work with and hopefully we will figure out a way to balance the look and the durability.

Angela1231

Rough_Rock
I received hand shots of the Annette's ring, including photos of the set. The prongs still look big and prominent in these "real life" shots. Do you have any suggestions for what I should ask the production team to fix? To not compromise the durability, should I stay with the more metal and just ask the prongs to be lower?
Annette-U-Prong-Wedding-Band-by-Whiteflash_hand.jpg Annette-U-Prong-Wedding-Band-by-Whiteflash_hand2.jpg Annette-U-Prong-Wedding-Set_Hand.jpg Annette-U-Prong-Wedding-Set_Hand2.jpg

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Based on those recent photos, the ring looks like it would be quite uncomfortable to wear with those protruding prongs. It seems to me if WF could have made it more refined, they would have -- I can't imagine anyone is saying they want to have heavy protruding prongs sticking out :confused:

If it were me, I'd cancel the order and go elsewhere. YMMV.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
I received hand shots of the Annette's ring, including photos of the set. The prongs still look big and prominent in these "real life" shots. Do you have any suggestions for what I should ask the production team to fix? To not compromise the durability, should I stay with the more metal and just ask the prongs to be lower?
Annette-U-Prong-Wedding-Band-by-Whiteflash_hand.jpg Annette-U-Prong-Wedding-Band-by-Whiteflash_hand2.jpg Annette-U-Prong-Wedding-Set_Hand.jpg Annette-U-Prong-Wedding-Set_Hand2.jpg

The band looks like it will snag everything that is in its way. Plus, it looks uncomfortable to wear - the prongs rubbing against the fingers...

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The band looks like it will snag everything that is in its way. Plus, it looks uncomfortable to wear - the prongs rubbing against the fingers...

Yeah - I really can't understand why they think this is better? But who knows, perhaps they were having multiple customers coming back with problems with the previous design.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah - I really can't understand why they think this is better? But who knows, perhaps they were having multiple customers coming back with problems with the previous design.

My interpretation is it’s more structurally sound & secure. Aesthetics are secondary. Not a bad thing outside the fact the aesthetics are causing problems.

I’m sure they will find a balance.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock

My guess is that they had multiple customers coming back with complaints of lost stones (due to lack of security, which would explain those huge prongs). I guess, changing the design is cheaper than constantly replacing lost stones.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What metal is this ring made of?

Cast white gold is a better choice for a shared prong eternity ring than cast platinum, from a structural perspective. This is because platinum will deform (inelastically) at much lower stress than WG. Though WG will deform catastrophically at lower pressure than platinum.

The ring style I refer to is actually the WF Annette - a semi-custom version (90% eternity).

Last edited:

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
The top down view is not so bad but man that side view is not doing the ring any favors. I am not sure I’d be willing to stick with this to try to get it improved as the distance from where it is now to where it would have to get for me to like it is really far. So I guess this is another vote for starting over with a different design.

Angela1231

Rough_Rock
What metal is this ring made of?

Cast white gold is a better choice for a shared prong eternity ring than cast platinum, from a structural perspective. This is because platinum will deform (inelastically) at much lower stress than WG. Though WG will deform catastrophically at lower pressure than platinum.

The ring style I refer to is actually the WF Annette - a semi-custom version (90% eternity).

This one is Pt950 with Ru mix

Angela1231

Rough_Rock
The top down view is not so bad but man that side view is not doing the ring any favors. I am not sure I’d be willing to stick with this to try to get it improved as the distance from where it is now to where it would have to get for me to like it is really far. So I guess this is another vote for starting over with a different design.

The order is semi-customized as I requested Pt/Ru mix and a size 5.25. I don't think there is a choice to cancel the order.:((

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
The order is semi-customized as I requested Pt/Ru mix and a size 5.25. I don't think there is a choice to cancel the order.:((

But you ordered it based upon a website image that wasn’t accurate. If Whiteflash cannot modify the ring to match the image you based your order on it seems as though that would warrant a refund.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To be honest I don't like the profile view. The face up view is great, but from the side the prongs look huge (sorry). I think there is going to need to be a middle ground between durability and aesthetics where the prongs can be shortened without compromising durability (which, of course, is crucial).

Angela1231

Rough_Rock
To be honest I don't like the profile view. The face up view is great, but from the side the prongs look huge (sorry). I think there is going to need to be a middle ground between durability and aesthetics where the prongs can be shortened without compromising durability (which, of course, is crucial).

That's what I'm thinking. I may stay with the extra metal between the stones and larger prongs, but would definitely want the prongs shortened.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's what I'm thinking. I may stay with the extra metal between the stones and larger prongs, but would definitely want the prongs shortened.

yeah, I feel like that would be a good middle ground. Shortened prongs would go a long way to making it look more streamlined. To be honest the extra metal between stones doesn't bother me.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
But you ordered it based upon a website image that wasn’t accurate. If Whiteflash cannot modify the ring to match the image you based your order on it seems as though that would warrant a refund.

Our goal is for Angela to be completely satisfied, and we will be fully accountable for our mistake in posting images that do not match the design provided.

DiamondBaby

Shiny_Rock
Hi,
I have 2 3/4 Annette rings that I wear with my e-ring. Platinum setting. The plan had been to wear them all the time, but one has already been sent back because it came out of round, this can happen apparently. WF were great, but still I don’t want it happening all the time. It is a comfortable ring to wear. By it’s nature it will rub on your other fingers but that is not uncomfortable. As a result of the ring going out of round I do not wear these on my busy round the house working days, or anything that requires me to me careful what I’m doing with my hands. I still love the rings, but I am very conscious of not damaging them. I certainly see the prongs on the ring, a U prong ring and there is no getting away from them, but they have never bothered me from a visual perspective. The diamonds in mine are 10 pointers.

FB897042-9870-46D7-8477-1062FB2E63E7.jpeg 8C397FE4-29F3-445C-BF57-74CD4528FB78.jpeg 122B8A37-4D11-44B6-882E-C56A5DCAAFEF.jpeg 965CFE65-78CD-4C6C-9C7F-C94DA1B2E9E8.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results