shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help with Side Stones

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
I purchased a cushion spinel from Mastercut. It’s beautiful, but I’m worried it’s a bit small, so I think a 3 stone is the way to go. The spinel measures 7.9x6.5mm. Can someone tell me or show me (better yet!) if .20’s or .30’s for diamond side stones will look good? I am a size 4.75. Thank you!!

88_star

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Not sure what color your spinel is but I did a quick mockup with a red one and some old euros just for size reference to get the proportions between your stone and some rounds Screenshot 2023-08-18 at 8.51.25 AM.png . The spinels are lined up down the center but you can see it's just a subtle difference. Personally I think either size would be good but I might have a very tiny preference for the smaller stones because I like the size contrast.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP, have you considered setting it East-West?

DK :))

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
@88_star , thank you so much! I did buy a couple of BrIan Gavin .30 stones. Nice, icy white E colored. They are on the way to me. My spinel is mauve colored. It’s a tough decision but want to see it before I commit. You are wonderful for showing me pics! Thank you!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
@dk168 , yes i did consider it. That does help with real estate but I think Im partial to North-South. Depending on what I think when I see the stones that are on the way, I may reconsider. Honestly, this project is taxing me. I am no good visualizing and perhaps this will be my last ”design myself” ring. ;)2
Im leaning toward a bezel around the center with prong sides, but then I think prongs would just be easier to design. I’ve struggled finding inspo pics. Anyway, I’m rambling so I’ll stop for now. :roll:
thanks for the recommendation!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results