shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

noneek

Rough_Rock
My fiance proposed with a 0.40 ct round brilliant. It is not an ideal cut but it has fire and sparkles. What really bothers me is the setting. It is too big for the stone. I guess the setting was meant for a bigger stone. My fiance doesn''t buy this ring in a jewelry store so for me to change the setting, I guess I will have to go to a real jewelry store and choose the setting and have them reset the stone into the new setting.

My question is what is the ideal width for the setting? I am thinking 2.5 mm will do fine. Is there any suggestions? Is there anyone who has 0.40 ct as their e-ring? Will you mind sharing about your setting?

Thanks everyone!!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
There isn''t any rule of thumb for the width of the setting, it is more about preference. Personally, I think that thinner shanks are better for smaller stones to help make the stone "pop" more. Halos are also great (diamonds going around the stone).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results