shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help with oval ring

Camdavis141

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I am preparing to propose to my wonderful girlfriend. I have been looking at rings and have a good idea of what she wants, however I am struggling to narrow down how I should go about getting this ring. Here is what we are looking for.

My keyword is bright. I am the detail orieted one. She is not super picky and will love anything that is very bright and white and shiny.

Budget : Looking to stay at/under $5,000. If I can find something perfect I am willing to go over a little.
Diamond : Oval
Shape: She does not like round stones or anything close so I would be looking close to or over 1.4 ratio
Carat: I would love to get her a diamond over 1 ct. I realize this is unlikely.
Color: She is not particularly sensitive to color within the white diamonds but she hates colored diamonds. I would like as colorless as possible because of this. I have been searching H at the lowest but am open to suggestions.
Clarity: Eye clean is all I'm concerned about here.
Other:As high as possible/what you recommend for cut, etc. While she doesn't seem to notice, bowties drive me crazy and I couldn't live with myself if I were to get one.
Setting : She can be careless, even with expensive things(we are working on it,though I think she might take better care of this :)) ) so I would really like to have the setting done in platinum to keep it from wearing down quickly. She wants a thin band with pave stones for sure. The diamond setting can vary. She likes halos as long at they are set up high next to the stone and not down below. While a halo would be my first choice, she also likes solitaire settings. I am very willing to look at a solitaire settings if I can find a diamond that can stand alone and cover her finger decently. She is somewhere between a size 6.5 and 7.

This is the ring she tried on at the store and loved. This setting was nearly $2,800 dollars for white gold. Surely I can do better than that?
img_1179.jpg

I particularly like this ring from Brilliantly Engaged: http://www.brilliantlyengaged.com/emily-micro-pave-halo-engagement-ring-bpid-239-19.html

She does not want to see any metal on the halo, just the diamonds. She also like the cathedral style on the band for the halo. This ring fits this description perfectly and I think is beautiful.

Would they be able to set this with an oval? Would it be doable within my budget? I have not contacted them for a quote because I was unsure they would be within budget.

Some of the settings at James allen are definitely within my budget, however I do not like them nearly as much because I feel like the pave is surrounded by too much metal. Please offer up some suggestions as to where the best setting for my budget would be available.

Other Concerns : I have looked at diamonds from various websites. While I feel fairly comfortable understanding the differences between them, I am not the best at understanding what to give up and what to spend for. Additionally, I haven't been able to set my diamond budget because I still need help on the setting choice. I am looking for all the help I can get and I'm open to any thoughts. Remember she is not too picky and will not scrutinize every last detail but the things I mentioned in this post are requests from her. Bright and shiny is what we are mostly looking for.

Thank you all for your time and consideration. I am really looking forward to the help and knowledge you all can bring to the table.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Camdavis141

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the help. I am not the best at interpreting the tests of the diamonds from enchanted diamonds. Is there a way to see if it has a bowtie from any angle based off those? Would I be able to call and request more pictures or a video of one? I feel a little uneasy purchasing without being able to see how it looks completely.
Do either of these look good? Is there something wrong with them I'm not seeing?
The more I look, the more color stands out to me. At what point can you start noticing color with diamonds of this size?

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/oval-cut/0.79-carat-d-color-vvs2-clarity-sku-928248

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/oval-cut/0.73-carat-e-color-if-clarity-sku-782886 I like this one a lot. It seems to be a good combination of what I am looking for at a decent price. Though I'm not sure I would need IF.

I will definitely contact David Klass. His rings look great.

Thanks again!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
H/I is where you start to see coloe. None of those you picked is as nice as those abovr that I picked. As ED for videos, they do make them.

Also look up how to read an ASET. It seems silly to ask for advice and recommendations and then ignore them.

Camdavis141

Rough_Rock
I apologize, I was not trying to ignore your recommendations as I do love them. I am just trying to look around at everything available. It seems I do not have a great eye for diamonds. I am definitely reading everything I can about aset to try and understand them completely. Thank you for the help.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results