shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with info about a diamond

ashbri20

Rough_Rock
My boyfriend found a diamond he was interested in purchasing for a setting but I'm curious if its a good quality stone. I don't really understand much about certified EGL USA diamonds and particularly the report sections that have N/A. Below is the info from EGL USA ...what are your thoughts on this stone? Is this a bad selection for a setting? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Weight 2.50 CT
Shape PRINCESS
Color H
Clarity VS2
Measurements 7.74 x 7.37 x 5.6 mm
Depth 76%
Table 76%
Crown 7.6%
Pavilion 66.1%
Crown Angle 40.6°
Pavilion Angle 60.5°
Girdle VERY THIN TO THIN POLISHED
Polish VERY GOOD
Symmetry GOOD
Fluorescence N/A
Culet N/A
Cut Grade N/A
Comments
UGS Appraisal Value N/A

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really don't know much about princess cuts- and you rEALLY need ASET images and pictures to determine cut quality and performance of the stone. Jut looking at the dimensions and depth- I think it seems deep. Others will chime in though that know more about princess cuts.

Also- EGL is know to grade software to expect color and clarity o this stone to truly be 2 grades lower according to GiA- thus affecting ting the price.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yea just looked into it- a 2.5ct princess should be 8.0mmX8.0mm! Thia stone is too deep and facing up too small for its carat weight

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I would not purchase this diamond because you have no idea of the cut quality which will determine how sparkly it is. Also a very thin girdle can sometimes pose a chipping risk. The depth is fine but the table is huge. Really though you can't go by the numbers and you need images to evaluate princess cuts. If you want an awesome princess cut I would look for one graded by AGS that gets their ideal light performance grade.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
slg47|1331056148|3141903 said:
I would not purchase this diamond because you have no idea of the cut quality which will determine how sparkly it is. Also a very thin girdle can sometimes pose a chipping risk. The depth is fine but the table is huge. Really though you can't go by the numbers and you need images to evaluate princess cuts. If you want an awesome princess cut I would look for one graded by AGS that gets their ideal light performance grade.

Ditto. I wouldn't consider a stone with a very thin girdle, and I also wouldn't buy any stone without a GIA or AGS lab report.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results