shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with Harry Winston reset, help!

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Try Otten and Vallot
Website

Don't judge then based on their website. They also work out of what is basically a light industrial area but just awesome .

I'd ask for Randy.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
OP, you have been given good advice and a starting point already. I just want to say, please keep us posted. This is one project that I’m interested in its outcome. So many companies are so watered down anymore that a simple shrug of their shoulders is the universal, “I can’t help you.” It’s frustrating that excellent craftsmanship and great customer service has falling by the wayside. Good luck and I hope for an outcome you are happy with.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Such a beautiful ring (that gave so such pleasure for so many years) to have an unhappy ending.

Let us know how it unfolds. I'm sending positive remake/repair vibes across the miles.

cheers--Sharon

naroo_11

Shiny_Rock
This rings looks like it was amazing. Hope you are able to fix it.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I’m also commenting on this thread not because I have any advice but because I am also interested in following the progress. I hope that you find someone to repair your ring - best of luck to you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, if you have worked with Leon before, have you asked him about remaking this ring? Now that I understand you don't think HW could even do a good quality non-flexible ring, Leon is about the best. I think Steven Kirsch used to work for him and then opened his own shop. I'd seriously have it made non-flexible, though, to keep this from happening again.

That really is scary to hear about HW. It definitely turns me off from buying from them just knowing that they a) produced a piece that had such problems, and b) can't be trusted to redo it in a more sturdy version.

Good luck, and please come back and tell us the end of the story. It may be helpful to others in the future, and of course, we are hoping you can have the ring remade so you can enjoy it!

md74

Rough_Rock
OP, you have been given good advice and a starting point already. I just want to say, please keep us posted. This is one project that I’m interested in its outcome. So many companies are so watered down anymore that a simple shrug of their shoulders is the universal, “I can’t help you.” It’s frustrating that excellent craftsmanship and great customer service has falling by the wayside. Good luck and I hope for an outcome you are happy with.

Thank you

md74

Rough_Rock
HI:

Such a beautiful ring (that gave so such pleasure for so many years) to have an unhappy ending.

Let us know how it unfolds. I'm sending positive remake/repair vibes across the miles.

cheers--Sharon

Thank you very much.

md74

Rough_Rock
I’m also commenting on this thread not because I have any advice but because I am also interested in following the progress. I hope that you find someone to repair your ring - best of luck to you!

Thank you

md74

Rough_Rock
I'm hoping some of you who took an interest in my original post will see this and give me some feedback.

Because we just moved from NYC in the last year and my husbands business is still there, he took my ring to Steven Kirsch (on some of the advice above) to look at a possible repair/remake. He said Steven was very nice.

Steven feels the ring can be repaired. He proposes removing the sizing bars that HW put in after they stretched my ring during the 2018 repair (which it turns out they did in white gold not platinum), removing one link to make the ring my size again (in the process repairing the current break and the connection on the other side of the same "link", which he said also looks different than the rest - perhaps this was the site of the 2018 break and repair? - which look fine), and raising the beading in the setting back up, since it is a little worn down.

My husband had a positive feeling about his meeting. We have no experience with Steven. We like the idea of the sizing bars being taken out and returning the ring back to closer to its original design and condition. But, I don't want a surprise. Any input from anyone?

Thanks

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm hoping some of you who took an interest in my original post will see this and give me some feedback.

Because we just moved from NYC in the last year and my husbands business is still there, he took my ring to Steven Kirsch (on some of the advice above) to look at a possible repair/remake. He said Steven was very nice.

Steven feels the ring can be repaired. He proposes removing the sizing bars that HW put in after they stretched my ring during the 2018 repair (which it turns out they did in white gold not platinum), removing one link to make the ring my size again (in the process repairing the current break and the connection on the other side of the same "link", which he said also looks different than the rest - perhaps this was the site of the 2018 break and repair? - which look fine), and raising the beading in the setting back up, since it is a little worn down.

My husband had a positive feeling about his meeting. We have no experience with Steven. We like the idea of the sizing bars being taken out and returning the ring back to closer to its original design and condition. But, I don't want a surprise. Any input from anyone?

Thanks

I would trust SK. And if the "fix" from HW was done in white gold instead of platinum but the rest of the piece is plat that might be why it broke again

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I were you
and it sounds like SK is on board and willing to take this on
i would jump on the train and go for it!
:)

did he say anything about he’s done /worked on these or something like it before?
or is this a learning curve for him?

if communication is kept open and there’s no unrealistic expectations on either side of absolute guarantee or unlimited budget, why not try?
I hope its successful and you come back to share

Last edited:

mjea

Shiny_Rock
@md74 thats encouraging news!! SK seems to do some exquisite fine detail work so I’m sending you all the positive vibes!!

If he takes out a link to get it closer to the original state and size maybe he can do something with that link (if there are diamonds on it but apologies if I misunderstood something) as an additional keepsake for you!

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve been following with interest. Please let us know how the repair works. His explanation seems plausible and I’m rooting for you to be happy and the ring restored! I have a flexible Chimento ring that has broken and they can’t repair it - and stopped making it. I’m watching to see what happens with yours.

md74

Rough_Rock
If I were you
and it sounds like SK is on board and willing to take this on
i would jump on the train and go for it!
:)

did he say anything about he’s done /worked on these or something like it before?
or is this a learning curve for him?

if communication is kept open and there’s no unrealistic expectations on either side of absolute guarantee or unlimited budget, why not try?
I hope its successful and you come back to share

I don't believe he said particularly (I was not there). I believe he has a flexible men's ring on his website. The option to have the ring repaired and get the horrible sizing bars taken off (which completely changed the fit and feel of my ring) is appealing. I just have no experience with him and know that the three steps on this repair could put my ring back on my finger in good repair... or could I guess create also a not pleasing visual difference if someone didn't do it well. I guess I only question what will be left after he removes the sizing bars and if he is talking about raising the beading back up if there is a danger of that really changing the look of the ring depending on how he does it. I don't know that I would quite call this beading. So I thought I'd just ask for some peoples experience/input.

md74

Rough_Rock
@md74 thats encouraging news!! SK seems to do some exquisite fine detail work so I’m sending you all the positive vibes!!

If he takes out a link to get it closer to the original state and size maybe he can do something with that link (if there are diamonds on it but apologies if I misunderstood something) as an additional keepsake for you!

Thank you.

I thought of that, but they are not very large stones - the beautiful impact is more from the overall piece. So I think I'd probably just keep it for now to be sure it wasn't needed in any future repair.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results