shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with ering purchasing process

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ckfried

Rough_Rock
Hi gang,

I''m a newbie to all this. I''m looking to buy a 1.5C ering for a end-of-year proposal, but need to know what lies ahead. I''d love a description of the steps involved and how long each step takes, if possible. e.g. diamond selection, design, appraisal, etc.

Also, any with experience dealing with GOG? How negotiable are their prices?

Thanks in advance, guys.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
CK,

See the link below my signature for about 25% of what you're looking for...sorry, length of time, design, working with GOG...others may help better. (edited to add...come to think of it, if you already know you want to work with GOG, nothing much here may be of use to you at all. Ah well). Without design issues, it can be pretty quick, as it was for me.

Welcome to Pricescope.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
One red flag: you mentioned "design"......GOG does not do custom setting work, so if that's what you need, you may need to look elsewhere.

However, if you are contemplating an off-the-shelf purchase, should be no problem.

RE timeline: After you find the right stone for you, everything else is usually pretty easy. If you go custom, I'd allow about 2-3 weeks or so to discuss design elements, get the wax, and get to completion. My vendor was able to turn a custom setting around to me in 10 days; really depends on what work is in the queue. Also, you're coming into the busiest time of year, so a bit more lead time is a smart move.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results