shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with engagment diamond(Exchanging for better cut)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting I showed here the two white flash diamonds both .9 and 3 BGDs .84 H vs1 .86 D Si1 and .95 G si1. I for sure thought she was gonna gravitate to the bigger stones but she said she likes the .84 and the .86. Any opinions on which one is the better stone?
If she prefers high color go for the D.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also think you should go with the D. You can cross the upgrading bridge if you ever get there.

Reneli

Shiny_Rock
If she prefers high color go for the D.

Lol it's so funny because a month ago me and her didn't know squat about diamonds and now we are discussing eye clean vs mind clean :lol: The sense im getting is that she like the icy white of the D but the worry about would rather have the lower color and peace of mind. my fear is that if we get the D, she will inspect the heck out of it and once she spots the inclusion, it will take some of the magic of the diamond away

Reneli

Shiny_Rock
I also think you should go with the D. You can cross the upgrading bridge if you ever get there.
Is there any truth to the myth that ags is less strict thank GIA regarding color? That could play a factor in my decision.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there any truth to the myth that ags is less strict thank GIA regarding color? That could play a factor in my decision.
Eh, you are going to get varying views on that. Regardless, in your position, I would not take a chance with an H if you have access to a D. I also just pulled up the D again and I think you would have trouble seeing those inclusions.

I would suggest buying the stone loose and having her look at it to make sure she likes it. However, if you decide to return it, BG's customer service may take a downturn. So be prepared to deal with that.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol it's so funny because a month ago me and her didn't know squat about diamonds and now we are discussing eye clean vs mind clean :lol: The sense im getting is that she like the icy white of the D but the worry about would rather have the lower color and peace of mind. my fear is that if we get the D, she will inspect the heck out of it and once she spots the inclusion, it will take some of the magic of the diamond away
I really doubt she can spot the inclusions on that stone since the word crystal is on the bottom of "key to the symbols"...;)) If she can just return it.

Last edited:

TODiamonds

Shiny_Rock

Most whom I've talked to in the trade would agree with that.

Reneli

Shiny_Rock
Eh, you are going to get varying views on that. Regardless, in your position, I would not take a chance with an H if you have access to a D. I also just pulled up the D again and I think you would have trouble seeing those inclusions.

I would suggest buying the stone loose and having her look at it to make sure she likes it. However, if you decide to return it, BG's customer service may take a downturn. So be prepared to deal with that.

Yea I talked to them today, they said I have 15 days from purchase to return. I would have to pay to ship it back, think it might be a risk worth taking. my question is, being that its gonna be set in yellow gold with a yellow gold head and prongs, does it even make sense to go that high in color since the diamond is going to be slightly tinted from the ring? I will add that she wants an all gold setting.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yea I talked to them today, they said I have 15 days from purchase to return. I would have to pay to ship it back, think it might be a risk worth taking. my question is, being that its gonna be set in yellow gold with a yellow gold head and prongs, does it even make sense to go that high in color since the diamond is going to be slightly tinted from the ring? I will add that she wants an all gold setting.
Which diamond is more mind clean for you?

Reneli

Shiny_Rock
I really doubt she can spot the inclusions on that stone since the word crystal is on the bottom of "key to the symbols"...;)) If she can just return it.

hopefully not! But all this reading has got me thinking, H is a decent color but if AGS grades color more softly that might be the decision maker

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
the VS1, but the si1 does sparkle more thats our dilemma lol :/
I doubt you guys will be able to see a difference in person in these two diamonds’ cuts. ie one will not sparkle more than the other in person.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Reneli

Shiny_Rock
I’d go with the G. That stone is going to be visually bigger than the other two.

It makes the most sense! how do the inclusions on the report look anything troubling or worrisome?

Reneli

Shiny_Rock
Not to me. I think it will look bigger and be eye clean. I love it

yay!! the asset arrows look a little less darker than the .84 and .86. does this signify anything?

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results