shape
carat
color
clarity

need help with custom ring....opinions PLEASE

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I really like it! I personally don't think the shoulders are too high, it looks like they sit right under the halo.

Do you plan to wear a wedding band with this ring?

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I really like the new version. The shoulders look to be in good proportion and position. The height of the diamond is nice, too. Not too high but not recessed either. Tweak it if you want but I think this CAD would make a stunning ring.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it's lovely as is. I would still do single prongs. But the rest is going to be lovely, IMO.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i agree with the others - i think this version is very nice as is. i like where the shoulders fall, it looks balanced and *right* for lack of a better way to say it. i also like the height of the diamond; you get to enjoy the crown without worrying about knocking it on everything and damaging your diamond (as i fear would happen with the inspiration ring). i agree also that single claw prongs would offer a more seamless look than the double claw prongs, which, in the CAD at least, i find to be distracting.

i'm so glad mark has come through for you so far, this CAD is a big improvement!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
rainydaze|1312999179|2988000 said:
i agree with the others - i think this version is very nice as is. i like where the shoulders fall, it looks balanced and *right* for lack of a better way to say it. i also like the height of the diamond; you get to enjoy the crown without worrying about knocking it on everything and damaging your diamond (as i fear would happen with the inspiration ring). i agree also that single claw prongs would offer a more seamless look than the double claw prongs, which, in the CAD at least, i find to be distracting.

i'm so glad mark has come through for you so far, this CAD is a big improvement!

** THREADJACK***

HI RAINY!!! How are you, long time to no see! Hope all is well!

**Threadjack over**

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hehe - hiya gypsy!! :wavey: i'm doin' good, thanks for asking! and how the heck are you, girl?! :))

sorry for the interruption nysurg!

whitneyc

Rough_Rock
i think it looks great! looks like he took all of the suggestions into consideration and make a lovely CAD! I personally would want the diamond higher, but that is all a matter of preference :)

nysurg

Rough_Rock
slg47,
I do plan on wearing a wedding band. I already ordered it from Mark and the plan is to have the ER sit flush with the wedding band that he has already created. Mark said that he thinks that it would still be flush. Do you think that I should get a spacer?

RE: prongs - I am totally torn with the double prongs...I kind of like the safety aspect of it but I do agree that they may look too bulky. I will have to call Mark to ask him about the safety with the single prongs...

whitney - I agree that the stone should sit higher the question is how safe will the stone be if it is that high? He says that if it is as high in the inspiration ring then we will have to do those bulky prongs - however if we set it a little lower we could do the claw prongs and using the double may provide more safety. Let me know what you are thinking...

thanks for all the comments and keep them coming - I need multiple expert eyes on this so that I can finally have my dream ring!!!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
nysurg|1313007138|2988081 said:
slg47,
I do plan on wearing a wedding band. I already ordered it from Mark and the plan is to have the ER sit flush with the wedding band that he has already created. Mark said that he thinks that it would still be flush. Do you think that I should get a spacer?

RE: prongs - I am totally torn with the double prongs...I kind of like the safety aspect of it but I do agree that they may look too bulky. I will have to call Mark to ask him about the safety with the single prongs...

whitney - I agree that the stone should sit higher the question is how safe will the stone be if it is that high? He says that if it is as high in the inspiration ring then we will have to do those bulky prongs - however if we set it a little lower we could do the claw prongs and using the double may provide more safety. Let me know what you are thinking...

thanks for all the comments and keep them coming - I need multiple expert eyes on this so that I can finally have my dream ring!!!

I would ask if you need a spacer. I think you might based on the design but Mark would be able to advise.
Single prongs should be totally safe but the double prongs do not look 'bulky' to me. If done well the double claw prongs are very delicate.

whitneyc

Rough_Rock
Can he put it just a smidge higher with out the bulky prongs? Either way would look great,honestly! I can't wait to see the final product :)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
rainydaze|1313004721|2988057 said:
hehe - hiya gypsy!! :wavey: i'm doin' good, thanks for asking! and how the heck are you, girl?! :))

sorry for the interruption nysurg!

I'm good Rainy! I'm so happy to see you!

**sorry nysurg**

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I think the new CAD looks great!

nysurg

Rough_Rock
Whitney - I was think that also! I sent that question to Mark and waiting to hear back...I also asked if the prongs could be more delicate and more like charmypoo's prongs...awaiting a response...

thanks for all the comments....I really think that it will turn out beautiful but I just want to make sure all of the fine details are hammered out on the CAD. I hope that they translate into the real thing! ;-)

T

talamasca

It's gorgeous and I love pic 3 side view :love: :love: :love:

whitneyc

Rough_Rock
I can't wait to see it!! It is going to be magnificent!

nysurg

Rough_Rock
thanks all! I pulled the trigger and gave Mark the go ahead - the only final adjustment I did was to ask for the head to be slightly elevated approx. 1 mm more, i.e. make the shoulders come in just to the bottom of the filigree and make the double prongs delicate all of which he said that he could do. Hopefully it will be beautiful!!! Thanks for all the comments and will keep you updated!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results