shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help - RB 3.2 - 3.6 for E Ring

btme

Rough_Rock
Hi All - joined awhile ago and have been slightly overwhelmed by the amount of diamond knowledge out there. Or my lack of.

I am looking to purchase a 3.2 - 3.6 LG RB.

Too many options. Looking at something like this but never know what I am missing. Guide me!! Please

Should I have it set on-line or bring to local?

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know about Adiamor's settings. Maybe someone will chime in. What sort of settings are you thinking?

It looks beautifully cut to my eye, but let's see what some of the other experts say. Specifically, @Kim N or @DejaWiz, any blue nuance to your eagle eyes?

Nice price!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It may have subtle blue nuance. But for the price, it might still be worth viewing in person.

Which setting are you thinking of getting?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This diamond is very tilted, so I think it's skewing the optics, but I think it could be a good one.

btme

Rough_Rock
This diamond is very tilted, so I think it's skewing the optics, but I think it could be a good one.

I am looking to get it set in 6 prong cathedral on 14k yellow gold (if that matters).

And what specs do I look for to avoid blue nuance ? I’d rather not cheap out and get something less than.

Last edited:

btme

Rough_Rock
Even when comparing to this stone I struggle to identify which would be ideal. I’m looking for it to be as brilliant as possible.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Blue nuance is only seen with the eyes. And if you’re going with yellow gold, you likely won’t see it at all (and we’re not even sure it’s there). It’s from the presence of boron.

Your 3.39 pick has graining. The material isn’t good. I’d pass.

@kim N’s 3.42 is a lovely stone!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am looking to get it set in 6 prong cathedral on 14k yellow gold (if that matters).

And what specs do I look for to avoid blue nuance ? I’d rather not cheap out and get something less than.

To check for blue nuance, look at the side view of the diamond, especially at the edges.

I agree with 0515vision about the WF stone.

btme

Rough_Rock
Thank you @Kim N and @0515vision !!

I am going to order the stone later today.

Looked at Adiamor's settings but cant find what i am looking for. 18K YG with plat (2tone) 6 claw prong cathedral. 2mm-2.2mm tapered. I assume if i bring it in to a local they can assist.

Last edited:

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
We’d love to see pics once it comes in! And you can always send it to David Klass abcs have it set by him. But if you have a trusted local jeweler, that’s a standard setting so it shouldn’t be any problem. Excited for you!

dylanandtyler

Rough_Rock
Blue nuance is only seen with the eyes. And if you’re going with yellow gold, you likely won’t see it at all (and we’re not even sure it’s there). It’s from the presence of boron.

Your 3.39 pick has graining. The material isn’t good. I’d pass.

@kim N’s 3.42 is a lovely stone!

0515vision and Kim N, you guys have eagle eye! Can you please tell me how you see the graining in the 3.39. I have no clue. Thanks.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
This was evident on the first photo. The lower area shows the streaks a bit more clearly.

IMG_8202.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results