shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help please...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

melmel

Rough_Rock
I''m new to this forum and have a few quesitons. I''m considering purchasing a loose diamond and am wondering if I''m getting a good deal or not.
GIA rep
Round Brillinat6.50 x 6.54 X 3.88
Depth 59.5%
Table 61%
Girdle Thin to Thick Faceted
Cutlet None
Polish/Symmetry EXCELLENT
VS2 D color no flourescen
comments none
Asking price is $6550
nothing is shown on the table
the symbols are
feather and natural
Any help would really be appreciated
Thank you

Mel

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Run the proportions of the diamond on the "cut advisor" for which there is a link at the top of this page and then conduct a search for comparable diamonds using the search engine here on Price Scope, heck you might even find the same diamond listed by several different vendors since the B&M retailers buy their diamonds from the same diamond cutters used by most of the on-line vendors...

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
With excellent symmetry and polish, the chances are good that the diamond has either a Class 1 or Class 2 cut (cutters don't usually bother going through the trouble of putting excellent polish and symmetry on Class 3 or Class 4 cut stones).

If the stone happens to be a Class 1A, the price is excellent. If it's a Class 1B or 2A, the price is very good. If it's a Class 2B, the price is good.

See http://www.gemappraisers.com/index.htm for the AGA Cut Class charts.

The only way to know what cut class the diamond falls in is to obtain the crown/pavilion angles/depths. The GIA does not supply this, so you would have to obtain it via a Sarin report, Megascope report, or from an experienced gemologist.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results