shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help please...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

melmel

Rough_Rock
I''m new to this forum and have a few quesitons. I''m considering purchasing a loose diamond and am wondering if I''m getting a good deal or not.
GIA rep
Round Brillinat6.50 x 6.54 X 3.88
Depth 59.5%
Table 61%
Girdle Thin to Thick Faceted
Cutlet None
Polish/Symmetry EXCELLENT
VS2 D color no flourescen
comments none
Asking price is $6550
nothing is shown on the table
the symbols are
feather and natural
Any help would really be appreciated
Thank you

Mel

Run the proportions of the diamond on the "cut advisor" for which there is a link at the top of this page and then conduct a search for comparable diamonds using the search engine here on Price Scope, heck you might even find the same diamond listed by several different vendors since the B&M retailers buy their diamonds from the same diamond cutters used by most of the on-line vendors...

With excellent symmetry and polish, the chances are good that the diamond has either a Class 1 or Class 2 cut (cutters don't usually bother going through the trouble of putting excellent polish and symmetry on Class 3 or Class 4 cut stones).

If the stone happens to be a Class 1A, the price is excellent. If it's a Class 1B or 2A, the price is very good. If it's a Class 2B, the price is good.

See http://www.gemappraisers.com/index.htm for the AGA Cut Class charts.

The only way to know what cut class the diamond falls in is to obtain the crown/pavilion angles/depths. The GIA does not supply this, so you would have to obtain it via a Sarin report, Megascope report, or from an experienced gemologist.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP