shape
carat
color
clarity

NEED HELP PICKING RINGS

matthayes

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and a friend of mine recommended me to go here for help. I'm planning to propose on Christmas Eve and I got 2 rings to choose from. I bought 2 so I can choose since the online jeweler I got it from has a 30 day return policy which another friend says they do swear by.

Anyways, I need help choosing from these 2 rings:
image1_17.jpg

Another view:
image2_9.jpg

Also, where can I get like a good ring box from?

Thanks!

Q

Queenie60

Depends on her style. Personally I like the split shank better. For ring box you can go to Mrs. Box or etsy and buy one from Julia B. Good luck - hope you chose the right ring for her taste and style.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You might want to move this over to Rocky Talky for more replies! (Click report concern on the top corner of your post, and request it to be moved)

matthayes

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the suggestions on the box. I will request to have this moved. I really need more opinions.

Thanks again!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also prefer the split shank. Both rings look to have a nice yellow
Color. Which one do you think sparkles more?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi and welcome to PS! It is so hard to choose which ring because it really comes down to personal taste. I would go for the ring that has the stone with the best cut/sparkle and presence. Good luck! Please come back with photos of the ring on your FI's hand. :appl:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you propose with both and let her choose.

Oh I'd die lol

You could get a box that fits both rings, pop them both in and propose. Then the box could later hold her wedodng band

https://www.etsy.com/listing/248416065/holiday-sale-julias-wedding-ring-box

Otherwise sense I don't k ow her style I wouldn't choose the spit shank. The plain halo seems more all inclusive in people's style.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the idea of proposing with both--that would be a dream for most women :)

My personal preference would be for the plain halo, but both are beautiful and it depends on her personal style/preference. I definitely agree that if one of the yellows is more vivid/sparkly then go with that, but if they are equally good then you can't go wrong :appl:

Please keep us posted with pics once you propose!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Based just on the photos, my personal preference is for the split-shank ring. I like the color of the center stone more - from here, it looks like a clearer yellow (less brown or gray). The split shank is more unique, And, since it has a single row of pave on the shank rather than three rows, it will be more trouble-free and likely more durable overall. But Niel is right, in that the other ring is a more traditional design and would be a safer choice if you knew nothing about the recipient's preferences...

but since you're about to ask her to marry you, I trust you do have an inkling as to which she might prefer from a style perspective. ;))

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also prefer the ring with the split shank - the yellow is very bright and vivid. So pretty! However, I would also advise to consider her ring size. The chunkier halo might overpower her finger if they're small and to me the split shank looks a bit daintier. But then again, some women prefer this and you know her best!

Another suggestion - is it possible to ask her mom, sister or best friend?

solgen

Brilliant_Rock
I'd like to see a video to better assess each ring. The split shank might look nicer in the photo but have a crushed ice effect. The black areas in the other ring might be obstruction from the camera or your head but in a video might offer better scintillation/contrast patterns.

I wouldn't propose with two rings as that's a difficult choice for her to make. But that's just me.

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
The split shank looks cloudy the one on the right seems to have a much cleaner or clearer diamond - I would go for that one - and loving the idea of giving her both so she can choose.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results