shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help on setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

superstumped

Rough_Rock
Hi there, I have been lurking for a while and now feel like I know enough about diamonds and settings to be able to join and start my journey to the perfect engagement ring! Although, you can never quite know enough, huh?

I would like to propose to my girlfriend of 4 years sometime before August, and although she has no idea, I have been doing some homework and have weaseled some hints out of her thanks to her best friend and her sister! In fact, her sister relayed to me that while casually talking to my girlfriend about engagement rings, she (my gf) brought up a picture online of the exact ring she wished she could have. Her sister showed it to me later that week, and THIS is what my girlfriend wants!

Now, there is no way in heck I am going to buy from Kay, but I am having some trouble finding something similar to this online. I''d like to have it be the same style as this so that she can fit 2 bands, one on either side. My budget is around $3000, a little more is okay, &3200 max. I''m guessing with that budget I''ll be able to maybe do this with a 1/2ct center, maybe a tad smaller. Which is fine, she has slender fingers and the frame around the center would make it larger on her hand anyway.

Do you think I will have to have this setting custom made? I''m just having a hard time finding something online. All the mall stores have things comparable to this, go figure!
38.gif

Also, does anyone have something similar to this? If so, how do you like it?

superstumped

Rough_Rock
This is all I've been able to find as of now. It says it can be set with any shape diamond, so if I went with emerald cut, would they alter the shape of the "halo" to outline the emerald center?

Has anyone seen this ring by Vatche in person? I can't tell if the side of the ring would allow for 2 bands to sit flush with it.
33.gif
If I called the customer service would they be able to tell me that?

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to PS superstumped

Beautiful setting
30.gif
, I managed to find one post with RL shots this one is set with a princess and is beautiful https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/engaged.78991/

I know Good old Gold, Wink at High preformance diamonds and I think Engagement Rings Direct sell that setting as well you might be able to ask one if them if it allows for the rings to sit flush or maybe someone else will be able to chime in :).

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 3:17:29 AM
Author: superstumped
This is all I''ve been able to find as of now. It says it can be set with any shape diamond, so if I went with emerald cut, would they alter the shape of the ''halo'' to outline the emerald center?

Has anyone seen this ring by Vatche in person? I can''t tell if the side of the ring would allow for 2 bands to sit flush with it.
33.gif
If I called the customer service would they be able to tell me that?

I LOVE this setting you found..even more than the one your future SIL showed you from Kay''s. Beautiful!

superstumped

Rough_Rock
Thanks Deelight for posting that thread, glad I got to see what the side profile is.

I really like the Vatche setting also, I think she would love it. But she DID indicate that she would want to pair 2 bands with her e-ring, would that be possible with this setting given the surprise stone on the side? Could we have 2 custom bands made that wouldn''t rub the surprise stone? Or would it not be a problem?

I really want to get her something that she can put a band with, I know that''s important to her to be able to have her e-ring and have a matching band. Any suggestions?

Always open to similar setting ideas! Feel free to share!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Mimzy has a lovely one too. What specifically does she like? Would a single halo work instead of the double halo?

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Here is a similar one from Knox jewelers...
It has a split shank that looks like 2 bands...
knox 1
Here is another
knox 2
Another that is a little thicker...
knox 3

Give me some time and i''ll try to dig up some more!

superstumped

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your response Mercoledi. Mimzy''s ring is perfect from top view. I had to look up what you meant by double halo. I think single would be fine. I know my budget would appreciate a single halo, I''d like to be able to spend that extra money on the center.

This is all I''ve been able to find out about what she likes.

1. Does not like knife edge, so the double pave knife edge look is out.
2. She likes cushion, emerald, and asscher.
3. Must be able to fit 2 bands flush on either side. She mentioned to her sister about soddering the 3 bands together, so I''m guessing the surprise diamonds on the side of the vatche setting would be a problem?
4. She prefers prong settings instead of bezel for "halos".

How would the vatche setting look with a cushion? I think it would look great! Do they change the shape of the halo to fit the shape of the center? Maybe they have different casts for each possible combination of the stones?

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock

Mercoledi,

The setting for the e-ring and the wedding band was a little over 5K. But, I think if he didn''t get 3 sided pave and got diamonds halfway down the shank instead of 3/4 will cut the cost dramatically. I *know* I’ve seen some very similar w/o 3 sided pave when I was searching for a halo setting. I need to go look them up.
I found some Beverly K settings that looks like a wedding band would sit flush.

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/beverley-k-jewelry/rings/98PP1/63/

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/beverley-k-jewelry/rings/108PP1/70/

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/beverley-k-jewelry/rings/70PP1/91/

I think precision fit also has some and martin flyer as well….

Is 3K for the setting only? I’ll look some more for you.
1.gif

superstumped

Rough_Rock
Oh, those Beverly K rings are perfect! Well, all but the last one, my TOTAL budget is $3000 ish.
1.gif

I think I could get a nice 1/2ct center for around $1250, maybe a little bigger?

superstumped

Rough_Rock
Does Beverly K have matching wedding bands for her engagement rings? Looked around but don''t see any that match that have the same engraving on the sides.

On another note, does anyone know if the pave on /www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/beverley-k-jewelry/rings/108pp1/70/">this ring goes all the way around or does it stop 1/2 way or 2/4 down the band?

superstumped

Rough_Rock
Oh man, things just keep getting easier and easier on me! Girlfriend's sister just called, they just got back from their day out shopping, and her sister was sly enough to take my girlfriend e-ring shopping with her. Fortunately for me, her sister is waiting for her big day too, but she, unlike my girlfriend, is completely aware of it and is actually picking out her own ring. My girlfriend is actually picking out hers too, but she has no idea! The last time we talked about engagement I told her I had some financial things to work out before I looked into that. A lie, of course, which I feel bad doing to her, but I gotta keep her off my trail! Her sister tried on lots of things, and asked my girlfriend's opinion. A clever trick, because her sister has already decided on a RB.
1.gif
So according to her sister, asscher it is! Lucky me because the Beverly K setting I think she'd like the best accomodates only asscher!

Beautiful! This has been such a great experience posting on Pricescope! So much help and to think the ENTIRE ring selection process took me 24 hours with everyone's help! How awesome that I can get almost the same ring as Kay's, but BETTER, for the same price when you factor in the price of the center for the Beverly K!

I have decided to go with THIS setting! I'm excited, I hope she loves it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results