shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help on emerald diamond ideal cut!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wdh

Rough_Rock
I wanted to get a second opinion on a Emerald cut diamond I am close to buying. The specs are as follows:

Measurements: 1.55:1
Weight: 2.95 Carats
Depth: 61.9%
Table: 70%
Girdle: very thin to slightly thick
Cutlet: very small
Polish: very good
Symmetry: good
Clarity: VVS1
Color: E
Fluorescence: None

The diamond looks great, but my main concern is that the depth seems a bit shallow as I look at different guidlines provided on the internet. Is this a real concern or not. I want to make sure I shouldn't get hung up on this given the quality of the overall diamond. General opinions would be appreciated as well as the general price I should expect (is that allowed on this forum?). I was told you should expect to pay more for a 2.5-2.99 carat diamond even though the Rapp? price sheets only have 2.0-2.99 for emerald cuts. What sort of a discount should I expect? Final question: if the depth of the diamond is an issue and I decide to wait to find a better stone, how long should it take to find one with a much better cut that has the same measurements, clarity and color or better?

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
I wish I had better answers to your questions. You could write to David Atlas at www.gemappraisers.com. He enjoys helping consumers and would be able to address your questions. You could also arrange to use his services as an independent appraiser. Then you would have his expert opinion on the quality of the diamond's cut and he would be able to give you a good appraisal for insurance purposes. If you want him to evaluate the diamond before you decide to keep it, check the return policy of the seller. You can read an article written by Dave here:

https://www.pricescope.com/appraiser.asp

:)

hakalugi

Rough_Rock
dave just announced: "Topic: Fancy shape IDEAL CUT charts released"

you can find them at: www.gemappraisers.com

he qualifies some of the personal preference regarding 'ratios' here: http://www.diamondtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=14402

best of luck,

Fernando

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results