shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help on deciding a wedding band style to go with this

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DentD

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I''m new but have been lurking for the past couple of months...observing and learning ALOT about diamond jewelry!

I got married last year in August and absolutely loved my wedding ring (traditional six prong solitaire combined with a wrap with small side round diamonds) but unfortunately it seemed my ring was not fated to be on my hand forever. Sadly in November the ring was lost (fell off my hand on a cold winter day) and it has not turned up since.

Just last week my new ring was finished and I love love LOVE it! It''s way different than my past one...a half bezel with straight instead of rounded bezel edges...It kind of looks like a tension set from above. I think this one also helps offset what i call my "finger pudge"
7.gif

The problem is now I obviously don''t want to do a wrap this time...Part of me wonders if I should not even get a wedding band to accompany this since the band on this ring is so wide to begin with. However I think I''d like to try and find one or at least keep my options open.

So I''m looking to solicit some suggestions and opinions on what type of band would look best with my ring! I will say that I am a "simple is better" kind of person and I do not like a lot of stones overcrowding a solitaire. I was thinking that something engraved/carved-looking would be nice but I''m kind of at a loss on ideas in that area.

Any help you guys can give me would be appreciated!! Thanks!!

n514469995_391695_321.jpg

DentD

Rough_Rock
Sorry, I attached the side view of the ring...Here is the top view. Please excuse the blurry cell phone pic!

n514469995_391697_3725.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry you lost your first ring but this one is lovely. I would go try on different bands to see what you like. My first though is a plain band would be nice with it but maybe a thin diamond band will pop and be something you like with it as well. Have fun shopping.

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 10:13:28 PM
Author: MikeRato1

i bet something with scattered diamonds would look great

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?sku=GRP00007&mcat=148204&cid=288152&search_params=s+5-p+1-c+288152-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

wouldnt take away from your awesome center stone
just an idea
I was thinking the same style of band:

http://www.whiteflash.com/Wedding_Bands/Scattered-Diamond-Band_984.htm OR:

36.gif

http://www.whiteflash.com/Wedding_Bands/Channel-Set-Band-with-Princess-Cut-Diamonds_996.htm

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the scattered band idea or a thin diamond band. I think that your best bet would be to go and try on some different bands to get a better idea of what you would like.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
What about a pair of thin diamond bands? One either side?

DentD

Rough_Rock
Hi guys, thanks for the responses. I''m going all over the place with ideas right now.
- Black flat band to match my husband''s wedding ring
- Engraved white gold band
- three or so small rb diamonds on a white gold band
- white gold band with peridots instead of diamonds (would that even be possible?)

Right now i''m really liking the first idea, but I am very leary about getting a black titanium ring because of the resizing issues (usually they have to be remade entirely). My finger size fluctuated quite a bit from when I got my original E-ring and now. I''m unsure about the resizing possibilities of tungsten but I''m looking into that option.

Would a black band with a solitaire like this look really ugly? Am I crazy or would it be pretty cool?

MikeRato1

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 11:57:59 PM
Author: DentD
Hi guys, thanks for the responses. I'm going all over the place with ideas right now.
- Black flat band to match my husband's wedding ring
- Engraved white gold band
- three or so small rb diamonds on a white gold band
- white gold band with peridots instead of diamonds (would that even be possible?)

Right now i'm really liking the first idea, but I am very leary about getting a black titanium ring because of the resizing issues (usually they have to be remade entirely). My finger size fluctuated quite a bit from when I got my original E-ring and now. I'm unsure about the resizing possibilities of tungsten but I'm looking into that option.

Would a black band with a solitaire like this look really ugly? Am I crazy or would it be pretty cool?
hmmm, hard to picture that, not my style but if you like it go for it
oh and titanium & tungsten is fairly cheap if you need to have it remade

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think all of your ideas sound great, in different ways, of course. I know that''s not helpful. Are you leaning in any particular direction?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cant picture the black either. I''d say it probably wouldnt be my taste. Have you tried you husbands ring on next to
yours? I dont see something engraved next to your ering either. Your ering is very clean and stylish. I like lurchies
look...that is very pretty. I''m pretty much with the others...scattered diamonds or small diamond band (or the lurchie
look).

Post pics when you decide!

DentD

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 1:12:59 PM
Author: tyty333
I cant picture the black either. I''d say it probably wouldnt be my taste. Have you tried you husbands ring on next to yours?

Thanks for the opinions! I did try putting his ring next to mine and thought about it for awhile, and I''ve decided black wouldn''t be the best look.

I still am leaning toward something clean and modern looking. I definitely would like a flat profile band to match my e-ring...preferably something 2.5 or 3mm to keep the overall look less wide.

I saw this style on Amazon and really like it. But I''d kind of like to see what it would look like if I used peridots instead of diamonds... Or would colorless be best? (See, I''m totally all over the place, I really have no clue what I want
3.gif
)

61oau6RnFUL._SL500_AA280_.gif.jpg

MikeRato1

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 7:12:44 PM

Date: 2/10/2009 1:12:59 PM
Author: tyty333
I cant picture the black either. I''d say it probably wouldnt be my taste. Have you tried you husbands ring on next to yours?

Thanks for the opinions! I did try putting his ring next to mine and thought about it for awhile, and I''ve decided black wouldn''t be the best look.

I still am leaning toward something clean and modern looking. I definitely would like a flat profile band to match my e-ring...preferably something 2.5 or 3mm to keep the overall look less wide.

I saw this style on Amazon and really like it. But I''d kind of like to see what it would look like if I used peridots instead of diamonds... Or would colorless be best? (See, I''m totally all over the place, I really have no clue what I want
3.gif
)
i like that ring alot, i would keep it with diamonds

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
That last ring would go perfectly with your e-ring, in my oh-so-humble opinion!

While colored stones are certainly quite beautiful in their own right, you should probably spend a little time educating yourself on them before deciding to do a lifetime piece with a stone like peridot. There are certainly softer stones, but at a 7.0 on the mohs scale it''s not the best for an everyday/lifetime piece. If you don''t plan to wear your wedding band at all times, it might work for you!

DentD

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 8:37:00 PM
Author: musey
That last ring would go perfectly with your e-ring, in my oh-so-humble opinion!

While colored stones are certainly quite beautiful in their own right, you should probably spend a little time educating yourself on them before deciding to do a lifetime piece with a stone like peridot. There are certainly softer stones, but at a 7.0 on the mohs scale it''s not the best for an everyday/lifetime piece. If you don''t plan to wear your wedding band at all times, it might work for you!

That is definitely a high concern of mine. I love the look of peridot and since we got married in August that gemstone would match our wedding date very well. (It was also one of our wedding colors along with a dark burgundy!) The sad thing is I know I don''t wear my ring in a delicate fashion...I''m clumsy and probably do more than my fair share of banging my hand on things. I do love the look of this ring with just diamonds so that might just be the way to go.
7.gif

I just have to convince my husband that a new wedding band could fit into our budget sooner rather than later!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
What about a bar set band, which would echo the clean straight lines of your setting:

BArSetJEWB324WG.JPG

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
The bar set band might be nice. Maybe someone could do some photoshopping for you?

DentD

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 8:19:25 AM
Author: geckodani
What about a bar set band, which would echo the clean straight lines of your setting:

I like the bar set look, but I don''t want diamonds all around in an "eternity" style band. I just shudder to imagine what happens when I bang the ring too hard and one of the small diamonds pops out!
23.gif

Maybe a compromise between the bar set and what I found on Amazon? I really like these ideas though, thanks for all of the input!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 6:34:03 PM
Date: 2/11/2009 8:19:25 AM

Author: geckodani

I like the bar set look, but I don''t want diamonds all around in an ''eternity'' style band. I just shudder to imagine what happens when I bang the ring too hard and one of the small diamonds pops out!
23.gif

Maybe a compromise between the bar set and what I found on Amazon? I really like these ideas though, thanks for all of the input!

I''m totally the same way - I''ll probably never own a full eternity. How about 1/2?
9.gif

http://www.uniondiamond.com/wedding-rings/Round_Brilliant_Bar_Set_Wedding_Band-JWB295-7W.html

halfeternitybargd.jpg

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I like Gecko''s half eternity idea
35.gif

DentD

Rough_Rock
Oooh, now we''re talking, great find Gecko! I will definitely keep this on my short list!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like Gecko''s idea of the 1/2 eternity...that would look great with your e-ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results