shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help looking for a diamond please!!!... It's for my best friend.

laura_cc

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, I am seeking help for my bestfriend who is about to get engaged, he started looking a couple of months ago for rings at Ben Bridge, Kay Jewelers and Jared, in this last one he was about to purchase a princess cut ring (0.54ct, H, vs2) when he asked for my opinion and I told him that maybe he could get a better diamond on james allen or whiteflash and also buy the setting from the same place.

As I mentioned at first he was interested in a princess cut, and I asked if his gf had stated that as her preference, apparently she said she liked the classic look and he went with princess, I recommended the round because I think that’s the classic look and also I told him princess cuts tend to face smaller. (* Her ring size is 5).

He is now looking at rounds on james allen, his max budget is $3500 (setting+stone) and is looking for a three stone ring for more finger coverage, but is willing to maybe go for a solitaire (less money on the setting) if he finds a really good stone. He is looking for a center stone of at least 0.5ct, vs2, H-G color range and ideal cut or very good.

This is the stone and setting he is considering from james allen, is this a good choice or can you recommend a better one? Help me please, I really want him to get the best ring he can get.

https://www.jamesallen.com/engageme...ment-ring-with-scroll-undergallery-item-22571

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...g-color-vs2-clarity-very-good-cut-sku-2709754

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium

iamjo

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, I am seeking help for my bestfriend who is about to get engaged, he started looking a couple of months ago for rings at Ben Bridge, Kay Jewelers and Jared, in this last one he was about to purchase a princess cut ring (0.54ct, H, vs2) when he asked for my opinion and I told him that maybe he could get a better diamond on james allen or whiteflash and also buy the setting from the same place.

As I mentioned at first he was interested in a princess cut, and I asked if his gf had stated that as her preference, apparently she said she liked the classic look and he went with princess, I recommended the round because I think that’s the classic look and also I told him princess cuts tend to face smaller. (* Her ring size is 5).

He is now looking at rounds on james allen, his max budget is $3500 (setting+stone) and is looking for a three stone ring for more finger coverage, but is willing to maybe go for a solitaire (less money on the setting) if he finds a really good stone. He is looking for a center stone of at least 0.5ct, vs2, H-G color range and ideal cut or very good.

This is the stone and setting he is considering from james allen, is this a good choice or can you recommend a better one? Help me please, I really want him to get the best ring he can get.

https://www.jamesallen.com/engageme...ment-ring-with-scroll-undergallery-item-22571

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...g-color-vs2-clarity-very-good-cut-sku-2709754

Hi there! I would love to assist you in this quest for the 'perfect' stone for your best friend. No, i am no affiliated with any diamond company. However, I have become VERY self -educated upon the subject, and from PERSONAL experience, ( good and not so good) I would like to assist!
Some things to think about:
1. Are you comfortable to a .54-.65 stone? 2. Are you looking for GREAT sparkle---and I am NOT talking about that sparkle achieved in ALL jewelry stores by special lighting...I am talking about that amazing sparkle outside in the REAL world light? 3. Three stone rings are very pretty---but you should decide on preference of 3-stone over one stone. 4. Is the lady smaller in stature? ( size 5 finger) ONLY asking because you want the ring to compliment HER.
IF the GF says that she likes the "classic" look, make sure that you know what SHE means by the "classic" look--- the 'classic" look of many many years ago may not be the 'classic' look she has in mind.

Seems maybe like a lot of question--but THIS is an important decision!

You may want a little larger solitaire, and a simple New York Style setting? Does she like stones in the band itself, or do you think she will want to concentrate on the best single stone possible? Yellow gold or white gold, or platinum?

In the past, by my serious errors, and sometimes,expensive errors, in choosing a diamond which I thought was perfect, have brought me to where I am today. I have studied, and have learned a lot--. Sadly, I have learned some of the tricks some stores will use to get your money, for their benefit, not yours ultimate enjoyment of the ring for a lifetime. I am very happy help you ,and answer any questions. Remember, from helping you I simply get the benefit of helping someone get the 'great stone" they deserve with their hard-earned money. I do it for love of wanting people to be happy, but also not being ripped off, as I have been, in the past, due to my own lack of knowledge. IT took me MANY, MANY years to get to this point!

BTW, I am female---FWIW---

Hope to hear from you! ~J~

Last edited:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If he could swing the used one I still like that best, but here's a lovely stone option
https://www.bluenile.com/build-your-own-ring/diamond-details/LD08631893
(Sometimes blue Nile links don't work. If it doesn't work, go to their website and search
LD08631893)

I'd put it in platinum, in the Tiffany copy they make called nouveau knife edge six prong Solitaire

As that's the most classic thing I'm the history of classic.

iamjo

Rough_Rock

Laura------
PLEASE consider http://www.hpdiamonds.com

Look at their page: http://www.hpdiamonds.com/en-us/diamonds/diamonds-search

This place has amazing stones-- and they are not HIGH pressure at ALL! Their main goal is for YOU to have the best satisfaction for your purchase.

There is a HUGE amount of Information on their EDUCATION page--- -
Their diamonds are cut beyond perfection-----
They also have a SITBI policy--for you to physically SEE the stone prior to purchasing! At NOT cost to you. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS!

Also, you can trade UP at ANY time--ANY!!!!!!!! UNRESTRICTED!!!!!!

They sell Crafted By Infinity Diamonds--these stone are cut to precision to give you the MAXIMUM sparkle from side to side! Due to this, they even LOOK larger than other diamonds of supposedly the same carat weight.
Amazingly, the precision with which these diamonds are cut, allows the stone to show so many more facets, which means to YOU, FACE-UP--they show such amazing white-ness and brilliance, all the way across the stone--no haze! No cloudiness!

I was extremely picky when choosing the individual stones for my lever back earrings pictures here.
I have come to learn that, a color G,H,I, in Crafted by Infinity Stone, blows away the supposed color of other brands of stones.

Clarity-- I have also learned that, to the naked eye, wth these Crafted by Infinity stones , you can go to even an Si1 stone, these diamonds are CLEAN to your eye! Their VS1 and VSii are morel like VVS1 and VVSII--an amazing gift to YOU the consumer.

I am VERY, VERY picky with how i spend my money---
PLEASE give this place--High Performance Diamonds, at least a CHANCE at your business. TRUST ME, you will NOT be disappointed!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think three stone rings are buautiful, but in my opinion, do not consider them "classic engagement" rings.

Someone should clarify with her (Pinterest?) what she thinks is classic. With his budget, he could get a nice size round in a simple solitaire. If later she decides she loves a three stone, he could get the side stones and setting for an anniversary. She'd already have the best cut center.

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think three stone rings are buautiful, but in my opinion, do not consider them "classic engagement" rings.

Someone should clarify with her (Pinterest?) what she thinks is classic. With his budget, he could get a nice size round in a simple solitaire. If later she decides she loves a three stone, he could get the side stones and setting for an anniversary. She'd already have the best cut center.

Agree with this 1000%

laura_cc

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much for the replies, I am having lunch tomorrow with my friend and we will go trough each option you provided, really excited to show him, regarding her pinterest that was the first thing I told him to check, but she did not have anything there, so he asked his future sister in law and she was the one that told him that she liked simple and classic rings, she actually doesn't wear jewelry and is a petite girl, he liked the idea of buying the whole thing in one place, that's why james allen and whiteflash appealed to him the most, and I also suggested the classic simple solitaire instead of the three stone, and add a little more sparkle with the wedding band and in the future if she wants or likes the three stone maybe change it.

Thank you so much again for your help, and I will be back tomorrow with his feedback .

sachiemay

Rough_Rock
Whatever the size, shape, or color, do NOT skimp on cut. Shoot for excellent cut! Good luck!

iamjo

Rough_Rock
I agree about the "Classic" look!
Thank you all so much for the replies, I am having lunch tomorrow with my friend and we will go trough each option you provided, really excited to show him, regarding her pinterest that was the first thing I told him to check, but she did not have anything there, so he asked his future sister in law and she was the one that told him that she liked simple and classic rings, she actually doesn't wear jewelry and is a petite girl, he liked the idea of buying the whole thing in one place, that's why james allen and whiteflash appealed to him the most, and I also suggested the classic simple solitaire instead of the three stone, and add a little more sparkle with the wedding band and in the future if she wants or likes the three stone maybe change it.

Thank you so much again for your help, and I will be back tomorrow with his feedback .

Laura
High Performance Diamonds does ALL in ONE place! And, check out this review:

: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/high-performance-diamonds-review.224973/

iamjo

Rough_Rock
Here is another classic beauty--High Performance Diamond folks will NOT mis-represent anything--and will assure them that they will be pleased with their purchase. They will be getting a stone which s BEYOND comparison! RNG PICTURE TAKEN FROM HIGH PERFORMANCE DIAMOND FB PAGE

HPD.jpg

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like HPD as much as any PSer, but you are a little over zealous with your recommendation. Any vested interest?

iamjo

Rough_Rock
I like HPD as much as any PSer, but you are a little over zealous with your recommendation. Any vested interest?

NO vested interest--I am ONLY a customer-----I become over--zealous when I find good craftsmanship, honest people, and am simply a sharing kind of person. As I stated initially, I am in NO way affiliated with this company. I am one who likes others to be happy---PURELY---

I am a person who cares with the heart--not the pocketbook! :)

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
NO vested interest--I am ONLY a customer-----I become over--zealous when I find good craftsmanship, honest people, and am simply a sharing kind of person. As I stated initially, I am in NO way affiliated with this company. I am one who likes others to be happy---PURELY---

I am a person who cares with the heart--not the pocketbook! :)

Well, that's good to hear! Sounds like you had a great experience!

iamjo

Rough_Rock
Well, that's good to hear! Sounds like you had a great experience!

Thank you! After purchasing diamonds from various places over the years, finding HPD was the best experience I have ever had! When I experience something great, share--- altruistic? Selfless? Simply stated....

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@iamjo , please understand that this is only based on your activities here on this forum, but you come off as someone who benefits from sharing HPD jewelry. You have one thread, about HPD. You have only commented on threads to recommend HPD, to comment on how beautiful a HPD ring is, or to comment on a thread about a HPD employee.

iamjo

Rough_Rock
@iamjo , please understand that this is only based on your activities here on this forum, but you come off as someone who benefits from sharing HPD jewelry. You have one thread, about HPD. You have only commented on threads to recommend HPD, to comment on how beautiful a HPD ring is, or to comment on a thread about a HPD employee.

Well, if you publicly want to call me a liar, so be it......yes, I am new to this forum--and my experience is with HPB----that makes me false? They are the folks from whom I have PURCHASED FROM---I am speaking of MY experience---- What your perception is ...sadly is not true---- Wow-- is this still America?

I thought the purpose on here was to help people--giving them suggestions--opinions--which, it seems everyone has----

Not to bash others' opinions---

Can we get back on course, assisting a new purchaser, instead of ganging up on a consumer, (me) who is only trying to give my honest opinion of one diamond company?

Last edited:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, if you publicly want to call me a liar, so be it......yes, I am new to this forum--and my experience is with HPB----that makes me false? They are the folks from whom I have PURCHASED FROM---I am speaking of MY experience---- What your perception is ...sadly is not true---- Wow-- is this still America?

I thought the purpose on here was to help people--giving them suggestions--opinions--which, it seems everyone has----

Not to bash others' opinions---

Can we get back on course, assisting a new purchaser, instead of ganging up on a consumer, (me) who is only trying to give my honest opinion of one diamond company?

I don't believe I bashed your opinion. Only stated the nature of your posts and how your comments can be perceived. HPD does make lovely diamonds. PS has a lot to offer besides commenting about HPD. :wavey:

OP, based on your friends particularly requirements, I'd personally stray away from spending more on a branded cut. As at under 1ct, any increase in size can be quite noticable, where the difference between a branded cut and a well cut generic gia XXX can be negligible. This is just my opinion based on what you've said. Seems like he wants to get the most "bang for your buck"

iamjo

Rough_Rock
I don't believe I bashed your opinion. Only stated the nature of your posts and how your comments can be perceived. HPD does make lovely diamonds. PS has a lot to offer besides commenting about HPD. :wavey:

OP, based on your friends particularly requirements, I'd personally stray away from spending more on a branded cut. As at under 1ct, any increase in size can be quite noticable, where the difference between a branded cut and a well cut generic gia XXX can be negligible. This is just my opinion based on what you've said. Seems like he wants to get the most "bang for your buck"

I am sure PS has its to offer many folks. I thought this forum was for ALL diamond brands? And, quick perceptions are not always reality. You do not know me, as I do not know you.

However back to the initial point of this thread, "my friends requirements'? I do not know this person--was simply responding-- only giving ONE of many valuable opinions---thanks !

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sure PS has its to offer many folks. I thought this forum was for ALL diamond brands? And, quick perceptions are not always reality. You do not know me, as I do not know you.

However back to the initial point of this thread, "my friends requirements'? I do not know this person--was simply responding-- only giving ONE of many valuable opinions---thanks !

OP means "original poster". The second paragraph was bring the topic back to the OP. The way the OP describes their friend's requirements for a ring prompted me to make an unbiased suggested. Do not take offense if not everyone suggests HPD.

iamjo

Rough_Rock
OP means "original poster". The second paragraph was bring the topic back to the OP. The way the OP describes their friend's requirements for a ring prompted me to make an unbiased suggested. Do not take offense if not everyone suggests HPD.

Ha! Understand "OP" - My eyes went past those two initials too quickly....gotcha though......

I have no reason to take personal offense....we all have opinions..and offer suggestions.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi babe! You're such a sweet bestie.

With a $3500 budget, (I know don't crucify me!), I wouldn't spend the money on a "ideal cut". Just because, to the average person, they can't really tell too much between a higher quality XXX and an AGS 0. It would suck to get a smaller diamond just to get an AGS0.

I know that isn't typical PSer recommendation, but I'm not saying to get a shitty cut.

I'm saying to look for something within the HCA rec'd ranges, with a pretty ideal scope, inclusions that are structurally sound and eye clean (twinning wisps? a prongable speck?).

I love JA because they provide Ideal Scope images and I'm addicted to playing with their 360 video/image lol. I know IDJ hasn't been mentioned here yet, but Yekutiel knows how to turn a small budget into magic.

Either way, your bff is the luckiest bc she could be getting a POS from the mall. And she's not. She's so so lucky to have you.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is another classic beauty--High Performance Diamond folks will NOT mis-represent anything--and will assure them that they will be pleased with their purchase. They will be getting a stone which s BEYOND comparison! RNG PICTURE TAKEN FROM HIGH PERFORMANCE DIAMOND FB PAGE

HPD.jpg

I think it's the overzealousness and over posting and capitalizing and underlining that makes a reader take aback that you may have ulterior motives. Typically people don't give more than one post for a recommendation. :saint: or give multiple recommendations.

You know how used car salesmen are just in-your-face and don't seem genuine? Yeah.

I'm glad you are, but just saying, I read this wondering who was paying you too. :wavey:

iamjo

Rough_Rock
I think it's the overzealousness and over posting and capitalizing and underlining that makes a reader take aback that you may have ulterior motives. Typically people don't give more than one post for a recommendation. :saint: or give multiple recommendations.

You know how used car salesmen are just in-your-face and don't seem genuine? Yeah.

I'm glad you are, but just saying, I read this wondering who was paying you too. :wavey:

I thank you for your advice---I realize how that could have been perceived----
and, no, I am not being paid-----:)

laura_cc

Rough_Rock
Well it seems like my friend got a little overwhelmed with all the info, he thought buying a ring would be like walking into a store to buy a pair of shoes lol :lol: he is still processing all there is to it, and he is trying to find more info about his gf preferences for the ring. Thank you all for the responses, will come back with an update as soon as I hear from him.

@madelise :wavey::wavey::wavey: Im such a good friend right? Hahahaha jk ... but I couldnt let him buy something from the mall when I know he can get something better elsewhere.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results