shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help! James Allen Petite Bezel Solitaire Diamond Ring

sparklypoodle

Rough_Rock
I love this setting, and would really love to have my 2.02 oec set into this. I would like it in 18k yellow gold. The problem is that I don't see this available for a round diamond... When I contacted James Allen, the SA told me they could only do a round bezel for one of their own diamonds... Argh. It's strange, because they offer this setting for every other shape of diamond, so I don't understand why it can't be done for a round, it makes no sense to me. I'm having a hard time taking no for an answer. :confused:

Anyone have any ideas to help me? I have my heart set on getting this setting, but already have a diamond... Is there a James Allen representative on this board that can help me make this happen? I would be so grateful. It doesn't seem like it should be too difficult...

Here is the link for an oval
http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/solitaire/18k-Yellow-Gold-Petite-Solitaire-Diamond-Ring.html

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Need help! James Allen Petite Bezel Solitaire Diamond Ri

Have you talked to WF about doing it?

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

WF or BGD could both do this for you, actually I think so could wink. But! That said if you really like that setting call back and ask to speak to someone higher up the food chain...

nebe

Brilliant_Rock

sparklypoodle|1307400740|2939293 said:
When I contacted James Allen, the SA told me they could only do a round bezel for one of their own diamonds...

I got the same answer as you when I asked them to do a bezel for a Jubilee. I didn't bother looking for a manager and just went with GOG.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It sounds like that it is not that they can't but that they won't. Contact another vendor and you will be able to get exactly what
you want!

It is amazing to me that in these economic times that any vendor will turn down work and take a chance on making ill will.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock

Hey SP,
That's really strange. I sent my asscher off to them last November and they set it into the petite bezel setting. They don't even show this ring w/ an asscher online, just an emerald cut. I worked w/ Tammy Steed and she was great. And my diamond didn't come from them, it's actually from GOG.

I wonder if they changed their policy recently? Call Tammy up and see what she can do.

Let us know how it goes.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock

Oh and I don't know if you know this, I didn't even when I ordered it.... but when my ring got to me I noticed on the inside it's engraved Danhov. I don't think JA's website mentions that this setting is a Danhov.

Here's the link to it on Danhov's website, and you can see it w/ a round. Maybe another jeweler could order it for you? Not sure if WF or BGD are Danhov dealers.

http://www.danhov.com/index.php?page=collection&catID=2&sub=6&pID=261&startRow=6&view=2

It's part of the The Meno collecton and the part # is BZ100

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

I'd just call Brian Gavin for a quote and have him make it in YG. There are a lot of vendors who won't set outside stone's into certain settings so it's not unheard of. I think it's silly to turn away business but what do I know. I'd just take my business elsewhere.

If it is indeed a danhov setting, Dimend Scaasi in Chicago has said they will set pricescopers stones into their settings so you can always call them. http://www.dimendscaasi.com/

sparklypoodle

Rough_Rock

Thanks everyone for all your great suggestions! I will try contacting BGD as well as try to get through to someone more high up at James Allen... Hopefully someone can do this for me.

What is strange is that it seems like others have wanted a simple bezel ring for a round diamond, and have gone elsewhere because James Allen does not offer this. Seems like they are loosing some business over this... Do they read this board? I guess economic times are not so bad for some jewelers...

I will come back and post pictures if it works out!

justlucky13

Rough_Rock

I actually have the petite bezel solitaire setting for the pear. AND P.S. I FREAKING LOVE IT. It is really delicate, has clean lines, a thin bezel around the diamond, and just looks perfect. I did notice there wasn't a round or princess shape (I wasn't interested but I was curious why not). So I asked around and the equivalent is in their contemporary section instead of the solitaires. However, they are thicker settings than the petite ones.
http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/contemporary-rings/round-cut-diamond-solitaire-ring.html

They are a completely different look but it still is a bezel round. If you look below on the right there are pictures of rings already made and they do look nice. (P.S. I have the petite bezel and I thought it was going to be a LOT thicker band than it actually was, I like that it is so delicate and thin but I was not expecting it.)

Hope it helps, but I know it really does not solve your problem.

-JustLucky13

justlucky13

Rough_Rock

Here is some pics of mine. So you can see it from different angles. I know it is a different shape but I thought you might like to see. Oh and mine is in yellow gold too :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results