shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help from Recent Ritani Owners.... You won''t believe what Ritani is telling me

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sslkrissi

Shiny_Rock
I am here on the verge of tears. For those of you who have read my other thread, you know that I am having some issues with my Ritani Endless LOve setting. One of the issues is that the basket is too small for the stone. Instead of having 4-5 diamonds on each of the 4 sides of the basket, it only has 3. This changes the overall appearance significantly, in my opinion, making it more box-y and less "swoopy". I hope my description makes sense. Well, my jeweler called Ritani today and was told that they have changed the design and no longer make the baskets with 4 or 5 diamonds, unless it is for an abnormally large stone (3-4cts, etc). I am so upset. The jeweler had no idea that they had "changed" their policy. I don''t understand how a company as reputable as Ritani could "change" one of their classic settings without informing their retailers, sending their retailers new samples (so that customers don''t order the ring thinking it would look one way and then get something different), or changing the information and photos on their website to reflect the changes. Whats worse, is that I attempted to contact Ritani and was told that they can''t deal with me directly.

Anyways, for any of you who have recently purchased this setting, how many diamonds do you have around your basket? I am trying to see whether there is any merit to what they are telling me. Even if there is, I still think it is unacceptable.

Thanks

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I mean they can unfortunately change their designs whenever they want...BUT that being said, what retailer did you deal with? Something sounds fishy to me. I personally think maybe the jeweler just wants to sell you the setting they had in stock which is a bit small?

Have you tried contacting other big Ritani dealers like Pearlmans to try and find out? Regardless your stone does NOT sit right in that setting, and THAT IS the jeweler's fault...I think that is the bigger issue than the number of diamonds on the side personally...

sslkrissi

Shiny_Rock
The jeweler we chose was the only one listed on Ritani''s website that was even remotely close to where I live and that had the setting in stock so that I could see it in person. They seem understanding and are completely willing to re-set it and even out the prongs themselves or send it to ritani for setting, if ritani agrees. First though, they are trying to speak with a supervisor to see if they can still make the ring the way that we are all used to seeing. The jeweler even noticed right away that it wasn''t set right when we compared it to the sample in the store. I know that Ritani can change the setting, but my beef with them is that they didn''t send the jewelers new samples to reflect the changes in the design or update the photos on their website. Sounds like false advertising to me. Forgive me, thats my lawyer-side kicking in! But, seriously, I don''t understand how they can feel good about advertising one thing and selling another. I have not tried contacting other Ritani dealers b/c I did not purchase it from them and don''t want to waste their time.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would really really suggest that you call another Ritani retailer like Pearlmans (who does a high volume of Ritani) and have THEM call Ritani. Something just sounds really fishy to me here...with a bigger diamond the diamonds would HAVE to be bigger/more of them to go all the way around...just doesn't make sense...

And often it is the dealer's responsibility to get new settings in...not necessarily the designer. Unless Ritani just didn't tell anyone at all, which I think would be really weird considering it is one of their best selling settings right now.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
The other thing that is weird about this is that Ritani is usually not afraid to do a bit of custom work for the customer...I don't see why this would be a big deal for them to do at ALL.

ETA: Interestingly enough Ritani seems to have reclassified that ring as a "classic" ring rather than an endless love ring. But still...that design just doesn't work as well for a big stone unless there are diamonds all the way around...this is so odd. I'm so sorry you're getting the runaround! It sucks.

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sorry to hear about this. I am still of the opinion that if Ritani sets the diamond at a lower height you might be happy with the results. But heck with what I think... You have to be 100% with your ring.

So here is what I would do. Why don't you call another Ritani dealer to inquire about the design change? Some cross -examination might relieve any doubts you might have. Yes, Ritani only deals with consumers through their authorized dealers. Use the search function in this link to find any authorized dealer in your area.

http://www.ritani.com/locations

Also, why don't you call Mary @ GOG . She was very helpful to with finding prices and descriptions of some Ritanis for me, despite knowing I had purchased a diamond elsewhere ... (516) 798-5151 x 309.

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t feel bad about contacting another retailer. They will be happy to give you the best service possible .You know if they make you happy, they might get your next purchase. It''s all part of business - you are not wasting anyone''s time.

sslkrissi

Shiny_Rock
Thank you both for your advice. I have just sent an email to Pearlmans. We will see what happens!

sslkrissi

Shiny_Rock
*UPDATE*

Pearlmans was able to contact their sales rep from Ritani who did confirm that design changes have in fact been made to the Endless Love setting that I ordered and that we have all seen many times on this forum. In the interim, my jeweler called me this morning to let me know that after some heavy-duty negotiating with the sales rep and then the CFO of Ritani, she is sending my ring back to Ritani today and it will be re-made to resemble the setting the way that it originally was designed (i.e. with the larger basket with more diamonds around). I am very happy, but will remain anxious until I have it back in my hands and can see for myself that it has come out the way I am envisioning.

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
That''s fabulous news! You must be so relieved. Can''t wait to see pics of it when you get your baby back!
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is wonderful news, I hope that it turns out perfect this time!

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
hey girl,
i actually just got engaged last night and got the same setting! similar to your situation, my diamond was set higher than some of the other ritani''s posted, but it''s beautiful and it was set by ritani themselves...

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/no-longer-a-liw.87133/

you can see the pics in my link... i think ritani did change their setting and i don''t think it''s "supposed" to be set low unless you want it to be and unless you ask it to be... i love the higher setting and it''s letting the diamond shine like crazy!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is very good news! I did not think the diamond fit in that setting. Hopefully it will look MUCH better with Ritani setting it!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/7/2008 3:38:21 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
That is very good news! I did not think the diamond fit in that setting. Hopefully it will look MUCH better with Ritani setting it!
Ditto DS - and glad it turned out that your jeweler went in to bat for you. I really hope you love it when it gets back.

Futuremrss

Shiny_Rock
I am glad this worked out. I would have fought as well.

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
I am glad you were able to get what you wanted and your jeweler was so helpful in the process. Great news.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
I''m glad it worked out for you.

I have the same setting and we bought it September 2006. Mine has 3 diamonds on each side, and looks the same as the recent one just posted by ilovethiswebsite, so I don''t know how recent of a change it is.

IrishBreakfast

Shiny_Rock
So happy to hear this is working out for you. I am sure it will be worth the extra wait too. Looking forward to pics when it''s back on your hand and perfect.

sslkrissi

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for all the replies. I didn''t even realize that there had been some new posts.

ilovethiswebsite- Congrats on the engagement. I just looked in your photos. Yes, yours does seem to be similar to how mine looked when I received it, except mine was set wayyyy too high!

Basil- I''m not sure how recent the change was either. I just know that it occurred sometime between 2005, when I first fell in love with that setting and now, when I actually received the ring. For example, Mara''s friends Ritani. If you look at that one, you can see the differences. That is how I''m hoping mine will come out! We''ll see
21.gif

Thanks again everyone. I''ll keep you posted!

jerseygirl77

Rough_Rock
Just read through your whole dilemma... I feel soo bad! Glad everything seems to be working out though. The pic of your ring is soo gorgeous (I am offically head over heels in love with this setting). Congrats on your engagement!

sslkrissi

Shiny_Rock
Well, another disappointing update and set-back! Not sure if I mentioned this before or not, but I left for a cruise on June 22nd and had hoped and prayed that I would have the r ing back by then, which would have been a little less than 3 weeks for them to work on it. Well, on June 19th, I received a call from our jeweler. They had called to follow-up with Ritani on the progress of the ring and were told that my request could not be done b/c the setting design had changed. I could not believe what I was hearing. 2 1/2 weeks laster, Ritani is still sitting on my ring with nothing done! I can''t believe that they would just hold onto my ring for that long. Couldn''t they have called us or sent it back??? I wonder what would have happened if we hadn''t called to check the progress. It was as though the first conversation about this exact issue two weeks earlier never even took place. After a few more conversations, Ritani agreed ONCE AGAIN to custom make the setting for me to resemble the old version. Our jeweler had to sign a waiver saying that what ever we get in return is non-refundable. That made me incredibly nervous, but decided that after being without the ring for that long, I would just go ahead and have it done the way I want it. I was told it would take two weeks. Today is 2 weeks, and still no ring. I am completely bummed b/c we are leaving tomorrow to visit my fiance''s family, and this will be the first time seeing us since we got engaged. Even worse, my birthday is next wednesday. Unfortunately, it looks like I won''t have the ring by then either. Our jeweler called ritani again today and was told that it is beinng worked on and should be done next week. I don''t think I''ll let myself get my hopes up again this time.
Sorry for the long post.... I needed to vent!
7.gif

luvstheflash

Rough_Rock
What a terrible ordeal for something that should be making you so very happy. I''m so sorry you''re dealing with this and I hope that Ritani comes through and gets your ring back to you right away!

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Wow... so sorry to hear about your troubles!

Did they change just one of the endless love designs, or all of them? I am lusting for the bezel set endless love ring with the halo- that''s the reason why I''m asking. I will be sorely dissapointed if they changed it, because I love it.

Makes me think twice... hope things work out for you, though!

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sad to hear you're still dealing with this, I would have hoped things could have been resolved by now. I hope when it's all said and done you have your ring mounted/designed just as you had dreamed. Maybe then just the sparkles will fill your mind and you'll be able to forget these troubles.

Good luck, we're all pulling for you!
4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results