shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help finding OEC Diamond

sdotbailey

Rough_Rock
Hey All,
As im sure you can tell I’m new here ...

I’m looking for a stone for an engagement ring but as I do with most things I’ve gone WAAAAY down the rabbit hole with my research and I have to say I feel like I’ll continue to be interested in diamonds even once this search is complete (if I don’t end up in the loony bin first). I’ve determined that I want an old euro cut diamond because my primary importance is fire/ dispersion. Not really interested in buying a pre set ring. I want a loose stone ideally.

So I’ve been searching around and honestly I think I’m about to go crazy... I’ve reached out to the usual suspects and usually end up with one of three results...

1) The sales person doesn’t understand what I’m looking for and tries to tell me what I want... ie “oh you want brilliance and scintillation”. Or the like

2) or they try to sell me a small stone with a high color grade and a high clarity grade which is of course right at the high end of my budget...

3) At one site (a well known one at that), I even requested to see a few stones based on their sites videos, or or lack thereof and then was told by the salesperson “that’s not a nice Diamond because if it’s dimensions” ... which my understanding is that OEC’s arebt like RBC’s and you can’t just say this one will look nice and this one won’t...

Just when I thought I found one I wanted the JewelLer emailed me back to inform me that the Diamond was chipped when showing it to another customer.

I stumbled across this forum many times over the last few months of my research. Does anyone have any advice as to where to buy or look, or any other recommendations for me? I’m starting to feel defeated and don’t want to have to settle for an RBC but I can’t go on like this forever.

Thank you so much in advance!

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Jewels By Grace and Old World Diamonds are ones I hear about quite a bit. Jewels By Grace has quite a few loose stones on their website. Old cut diamonds are my favorite - best of luck! Please come back with pictures once you have found the one!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Hey All,

I’m looking for a stone for an engagement ring but as I do with most things I’ve gone WAAAAY down the rabbit hole with my research and I have to say I feel like I’ll continue to be interested in diamonds even once this search is complete (if I don’t end up in the loony bin first). I’ve determined that I want an old euro cut diamond because my primary importance is fire/ dispersion. Not really interested in buying a pre set ring. I want a loose stone ideally.

So I’ve been searching around and honestly I think I’m about to go crazy... I’ve reached out to the usual suspects and usually end up with one of three results...

1) The sales person doesn’t understand what I’m looking for and tries to tell me what I want... ie “oh you want brilliance and scintillation”. Or the like

2) or they try to sell me a small stone with a high color grade and a high clarity grade which is of course right at the high end of my budget...

3) At one site (a well known one at that), I even requested to see a few stones based on their sites videos, or or lack thereof and then was told by the salesperson “that’s not a nice Diamond because if it’s dimensions” ... which my understanding is that OEC’s arebt like RBC’s and you can’t just say this one will look nice and this one won’t...

Just when I thought I found one I wanted the JewelLer emailed me back to inform me that the Diamond was chipped when showing it to another customer.

I stumbled across this forum many times over the last few months of my research. Does anyone have any advice as to where to buy or look, or any other recommendations for me? I’m starting to feel defeated and don’t want to have to settle for an RBC but I can’t go on like this forever.

How big and how much is your budget?

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Hey All,

I too am on a quest for a OEC round, small stone approx .37-.50 carat. i am also not having a whole lot of luck reaching out to vendors. I feel you!

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
I see amazing OEC’s on the following instagram accounts. But you have to act fast. People snatch things up quickly!

Politradingco
parksfinegroupinc
joganijewelry
jewelsbygrace

Sparklemore

Shiny_Rock
I suggest reaching out to Inken at Enhoerning Jewelry. She can source amazing diamonds, is very responsive and will have better prices than Jewels by Grace.

Polyhex

Brilliant_Rock
Alex Park at parksfinegroup on instagram has IMO the best old cut prices, and often has stunning stones in lower color and lower clarity. He found the diamond and made the ring in my profile picture.

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Alex Park at parksfinegroup on instagram has IMO the best old cut prices, and often has stunning stones in lower color and lower clarity. He found the diamond and made the ring in my profile picture.

And your ring is stunning. Did you ask him to look for something and give him parameters to stay in a certain size and budget or were you a lucky one who nabbed one he put up for grabs?

Polyhex

Brilliant_Rock
And your ring is stunning. Did you ask him to look for something and give him parameters to stay in a certain size and budget or were you a lucky one who nabbed one he put up for grabs?

Thank you! I gave him my budget and parameters and he found the stone for me (and then facilitated a recut with a third party after I had purchased it.) His price was 10-15% less than other vendors, and the ring was made near cost.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results