shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help finding a ring- budget is 5200

Mfharr

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

My fiancé and I had to sell our engagement ring due to financial reasons. He stills want me to have a ring, and the budget for this ring is a max of $5200. I wanted to see if you all could help me find the largest (and solid quality) stone for the price. The shapes we are interested in are oval, emerald (rectangular), cushion, radiant, and pear. Totally fine if the ring is preowned. Just looking for the largest size center stone for that price, as we like the look of larger stones (shocking!) In terms of color we're flexible (could set in yellow gold if lower color, just nothing visibly yellow) and clarity wise as long as it's eye clean we could go as low as SI1 or SI2. I prefer simple solitaire or thin halo/band unless there is a particularly attractive 3 stone emerald cut. In terms of band I could do white gold, yellow gold, or platinum. Thanks for your help!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you looked on loupetroop.com and diamond bistro? There are several that might work for you.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
distracts|1478101143|4092952 said:
Uhhh so this is a round, but-
https://loupetroop.com/listings/loose-stones-diamond/flowery-1-dot-305-vs-oec-great-brand-new-video

Which leaves juuuust enough for a basic 14k stock setting.

I don't know how you feel about rose cuts but this is a lot of size:
http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/rings/estate-modern/1-20ct-pear-shape-rose-cut-diamond-bezel-ring#.WBoHLOErKnc

I also like the options Niel linked.

We could find you a used setting f for the difference in that first one posted.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that 1.30 OEC is a beautiful stone!

Diamondz1

Shiny_Rock
I love the first chubby marquise that Niel posted and the OEC from distracts. Although, it seems like marquise and round are the only shapes you are not considering :razz: Are any of these catching your eye?

I saw this 3-stone emerald cut ring (wedding set actually!) on eBay but, this vendor doesn't have a return policy so that could be an issue:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/142161688551?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I also saw your listing in pre-loved to sell your 1.8ct L-SI1 round. Are you hoping to find something near that size? Your list price of mid $7K seems to be about retail (not that I'm an expert but, just based on a quick search on pricescope) and my understanding is that you're not likely to get full value out of a pre-loved item. At that point, might it make more sense to keep your original ring?

Mfharr

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! So far my favorite is the first marquise but unfortunately it is auction style so there wouldn't be a guarantee. Would love any additional suggestions! I'm going to look again on loupe troop and diamond bistro :)

Mfharr

Rough_Rock
I like the three stone emerald too- bummer on the return policy!

I ended up getting a good price for the ring (pending transaction) so should be set there.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mfharr|1478108555|4092975 said:
I like the three stone emerald too- bummer on the return policy!

I ended up getting a good price for the ring (pending transaction) so should be set there.

So your L is sold? (well, pending transaction) That's great!

Mfharr

Rough_Rock
Thank you! If anyone else has any suggestions I'd love to hear!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results