shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help finding a diamond: ~1.25 ct, VS1+, F+, h&a cushion

Smipims

Rough_Rock
Hi y'all,

New here. I've been shopping for a ring for my girlfriend for a while. I have a local jeweler who's going to make a custom band for a reasonable price, but I've had trouble finding a good diamond. My girlfriend is very particular. She wants a symmetrical cushion with no visible flaws. Ideally, she wants a 1.5 ct, but I've found that that's not really in my budget for the quality she likes.

My local jeweler showed me a 1 ct hearts and arrows cushion that was gorgeous. The clarity and the shine were definitely something she would've liked. However, I was hoping to find something slightly larger to make her a bit happier. I've checked sites like bluenile and goodoldgold but everything larger than 1ct is either of questionable quality or 20k+. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for sites or companies to check out?

For locations reference, I'm in south central Texas, so if anyone knows any good jewelers there, please let me know.

For budget, I was hoping to keep it under 10k for the ring (diamond + band).

Also, if this is the wrong forum for this, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Re: Need help finding a diamond: ~1.25 ct, VS1+, F+, h&a cus

what's the ring costing you at your jeweler? what's the budget for just the stone? so she wants a square, not elongated stone, right? That'll help with selections. Could you drop to a G? you'll still get a very white stone. Also, you could likely find a VS2 and maybe even an SI1 stone that is eye clean, you just have to do some digging.

ETA: Has she specified a H&A cushion? they look a LOT like a round once set and i wouldn't limit yourself to the H&A cut unless she's specified it.

Hopefully gypsy will see this, she's great with cushions!

Smipims

Rough_Rock
Re: Need help finding a diamond: ~1.25 ct, VS1+, F+, h&a cus

farrahlyn|1475684217|4083871 said:
what's the ring costing you at your jeweler? what's the budget for just the stone? so she wants a square, not elongated stone, right? That'll help with selections. Could you drop to a G? you'll still get a very white stone. Also, you could likely find a VS2 and maybe even an SI1 stone that is eye clean, you just have to do some digging.

ETA: Has she specified a H&A cushion? they look a LOT like a round once set and i wouldn't limit yourself to the H&A cut unless she's specified it.

Hopefully gypsy will see this, she's great with cushions!

I think I got quoted ~ 9k for their h&a cushion. Based on similar specs, I should be able to get a similar quality one at goodoldgold for a lot less.

And yea a G or VS2/SI1 would suffice as long as its eye clean from above.

And I'm not trying to limit myself to H&A, but no other cushion cut I've seen has come close in terms of looking as nice. Do you have other recommendations?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results