shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help finding a blue sapphire

coffeedonutcake

Rough_Rock
I will be turning 30 in October, and getting married to the love of life 2 weeks after!

To celebrate my 30th birthday, I want to reward myself with some big-girl jewelry. I currently have a very small jewelry collection: diamond engagement ring and diamond studs gifted by my fiancee, a Tiffany T necklace gifted by my cousin for my upcoming wedding, and a pair of freshwater pearl studs I bought years ago. I want to slowly expand my collection, and a right-hand gemstone ring seems like a good addition.

I honestly couldn't decide which gemstone I want. Blue sapphire and red spinel both look very nice and classic to me. Kind of leaning toward blue sapphire because you know: it could be my something blue for the wedding!

I would really appreciate your help if you can help find a good quality blue sapphire that fits the following criteria:
- oval, emerald cut, or elongated cushion shape
- above 1 ct. But I value quality over size.
- budget is 2k with a little wiggle room (please educate me if my budget seems unrealistic!)

coffeedonutcake

Rough_Rock
Thank you @chroman ! The color of the sapphire looks very different between first couple pictures and the handshot. Would you happen to know which one is more accurate in real life from this vendor? I prefer the color in the hand shot.

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it depends on the lighting you’re in - I suspect the hand shot is likely fairly accurate for outdoors, but in other light it will look more like the other photos.

fantapanda

Shiny_Rock
i just bought my sapphire from gary at finewater gems and find that the handshot is much more accurate than the studio pictures (with grey background). the pictures are definitely taken under good lighting. i asked him for more pictures, videos and comparison videos when choosing my sapphire, and he was happy to oblige, so ask him if you’re interested!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results