shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help Deciding

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Oops! The middle picture is not suppose to be a choice!

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
@Rfisher If you have a moment, would you please give me your opinion on these 2 settings? I would love to know your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rfisher If you have a moment, would you please give me your opinion on these 2 settings? I would love to know your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

my heart gets a thumping any time I see a faux bezel cup with prongs - so the first one gets my vote.
One thing I would do - if this big beryl beauty was mine - and I don’t know if this is a imagined aspect or real
But - I would find out if true full bezeling vs faux cup bezel vs other faux bezel DK does makes any difference in contrast of visual facet pattern evident to the eye.
but that’s just me and my wants on seeing that gorgeous facet pattern to its most enhanced.

The second ring somewhat reminds me (another DK ring) of Acinom’s cab Paraiba ring setting that is gorgeous -
So I’m no help really, as I love that one as well.

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
@Rfisher Thank you!!! I went with the first one in the beginning. I love it!!! David sent me a picture of a stone just a half mm deeper than mine. Then I switched to the blue one because I think it’s bottom is more open than the first one. I think that the blue one offers more protection for the stone. Lol- I had NO idea just how big it would be! I wish I wore rings on my middle finger, I think that would look good. It’s also a little bit lighter than I thought it would be. So instead of white gold or platinum I’m considering yellow gold hoping that will make the color pop more. I had a third ring with a platinum head, idk. I need help lol I can’t make up my mind.
Thank you for taking the time to help me- I greatly appreciate it!!!! I have a picture of the stone on my hand- covered in nasty finger prints. The pattern and the fireworks from this baby are amazing- before finger prints! 56CB152E-1C0E-4E5C-B81B-C8D42AD4EA8E.jpeg 73CBB09B-9959-4737-B650-E0ECB087624B.jpeg 53882D87-2AE5-482A-B908-D62A132F7552.jpeg EC7E30DA-8CEF-44E1-A9C2-E5BBCF920E87.jpeg

Attachments

• BE63BE10-7DDE-4DB8-91B5-DCDB943675DB.jpeg
    BE63BE10-7DDE-4DB8-91B5-DCDB943675DB.jpeg
    259.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 4BB1AB66-344B-4A8D-8D72-08B08A136F0A.jpeg
    4BB1AB66-344B-4A8D-8D72-08B08A136F0A.jpeg
    240.1 KB · Views: 7
  • F4D80D55-477D-424C-90EC-62ED209756E4.jpeg
    F4D80D55-477D-424C-90EC-62ED209756E4.jpeg
    178.2 KB · Views: 9

voce

Ideal_Rock
@peppermintpatty so glad you were able to make a decision! I am getting confused though on which stone you're actually setting. I thought you were setting the beautiful emerald cut spinel, but now I'm your latest post you're showing us a round?
:confused:

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
@voce I am waiting on the orchid emerald cut and setting this cushion now! Crazy- I need to stop for a bit and be really sure what I want so I wear them. So the last three setting are what I am looking at for this new stone. I think I will have to go with the one that has the blue stone in it for the depth and protection of that halo. Only I am leaning towards yellow gold.
I’m sorry for the confusion. I’m sure it’s because I am confused!

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
my heart gets a thumping any time I see a faux bezel cup with prongs - so the first one gets my vote.
One thing I would do - if this big beryl beauty was mine - and I don’t know if this is a imagined aspect or real
But - I would find out if true full bezeling vs faux cup bezel vs other faux bezel DK does makes any difference in contrast of visual facet pattern evident to the eye.
but that’s just me and my wants on seeing that gorgeous facet pattern to its most enhanced.

The second ring somewhat reminds me (another DK ring) of Acinom’s cab Paraiba ring setting that is gorgeous -
So I’m no help really, as I love that one as well.

My ring is done!!!! I don't have it yet, but it is on David's Instagram. I can't wait to see it in person! He does such an amazing job! I also had him do a ring for my daughter for her 18th birthday. She chose an oval lavender Spinel with a diamond halo in white and rose gold, Her birthday is Saturday and I can not wait!!!! She is going to love it :)

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ring is done!!!! I don't have it yet, but it is on David's Instagram. I can't wait to see it in person! He does such an amazing job! I also had him do a ring for my daughter for her 18th birthday. She chose an oval lavender Spinel with a diamond halo in white and rose gold, Her birthday is Saturday and I can not wait!!!! She is going to love it :)

;))
Love it!

And happy 18th to your daughter - what a lovely gift! Can’t wait to see that one as well.

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
;))
Love it!

And happy 18th to your daughter - what a lovely gift! Can’t wait to see that one as well.

Thank you! I am having a hard time imagining how big it will be and how high up it will sit. Other than that I love it too. So happy I switched to yellow gold.

Thank you for the birthday wishes. She is quite excited. I will see if it pops up on Instagram. If not I will try to take photo's when it arrives. Thanks again!

LIGemzGal

Shiny_Rock
Happy birthday to your daughter. What a lovely gift from you to her. I can't wait for you to post pictures of the ring on your hand. I don't usually go for rings that have ornate designs but yours is just perfect. Not overdone, just perfect. I really love the contrasting colored metals, and the gallery design---it's just beautiful. Very well done. This ring is very much an inspiration project for some people.

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Happy birthday to your daughter. What a lovely gift from you to her. I can't wait for you to post pictures of the ring on your hand. I don't usually go for rings that have ornate designs but yours is just perfect. Not overdone, just perfect. I really love the contrasting colored metals, and the gallery design---it's just beautiful. Very well done. This ring is very much an inspiration project for some people.

LlGemzGal thank you for the birthday wishes for Elizabeth. I did diamonds in the gallery and had the rose gold band engraved. I had asked David to put 2 rubies from my Mom's ring into the band. Mom and I share July birthdays and I thought that would be a special touch. Unfortunately they were too large but he was able to take 2 diamonds from Mom's ring and use those instead. I am so excited for her to have her ring on her finger I could burst lol.

I can't wait to see it on my hand! It is a larger stone than I have ever had and it's deep. So I am so curious to see how high it will sit up. For me I like ornate depending on the ring and the stone, other times I like simple. With this Stone being an OEC cut, I wanted something more vintage to complement the stone. Thank you for such complimentary words. That was so very nice of you. I know I have taken a lot of inspiration from people here on Pricescope. If you look on David's Instagram page you will see I took inspiration for this ring from a ring he has on there. I can't take a lot of credit for this, but thank you.

LIGemzGal

Shiny_Rock
LlGemzGal thank you for the birthday wishes for Elizabeth. I did diamonds in the gallery and had the rose gold band engraved. I had asked David to put 2 rubies from my Mom's ring into the band. Mom and I share July birthdays and I thought that would be a special touch. Unfortunately they were too large but he was able to take 2 diamonds from Mom's ring and use those instead. I am so excited for her to have her ring on her finger I could burst lol.

I can't wait to see it on my hand! It is a larger stone than I have ever had and it's deep. So I am so curious to see how high it will sit up. For me I like ornate depending on the ring and the stone, other times I like simple. With this Stone being an OEC cut, I wanted something more vintage to complement the stone. Thank you for such complimentary words. That was so very nice of you. I know I have taken a lot of inspiration from people here on Pricescope. If you look on David's Instagram page you will see I took inspiration for this ring from a ring he has on there. I can't take a lot of credit for this, but thank you.

I'll definitely check out DK's instagram page, thanks for the suggestion. I've perused his etsy shop, but it's somewhat limited. I'm considering commissioning him to craft the settings for my black spinel halo earrings and black spinel pear shaped halo bypass ring project---cost dependent, of course. Here's to you wearing that new ring well for many years!!!!

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
I'll definitely check out DK's instagram page, thanks for the suggestion. I've perused his etsy shop, but it's somewhat limited. I'm considering commissioning him to craft the settings for my black spinel halo earrings and black spinel pear shaped halo bypass ring project---cost dependent, of course. Here's to you wearing that new ring well for many years!!!!
You're welcome. Yes, his Esty shop is very limited especially compared to his Instagram. He does quality work, at a fair price, and for me as been an absolute pleasure to work with. I can't wait to see you 2 projects completed!!! They sound beautiful. Please post pictures. Thank you!!!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Wow. this is such a beautiful ring and story! I love the cut on the stone and the way you set it complements her beautifully. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results