shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help deciding between two diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

val1nyc

Rough_Rock
I am looking for a loose diamond for an engagement ring. My dealer who has been excellent so far has given me good choices and we narrowed down to two, but I don''t know how to value the particulars of each stone to decide which is better - any suggestions appreciated:

Diamond 1: 1.54ct, Cusion Brilliant, D VS2, VG p/s, ratio is 1.1

Diamond 2: 1.72 ct, Cusion Modified Brilliant, F, VS2, Excellent Polish, good symmetry, ratio is close to 1

ignoring the price, which would you suggest

23.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/21/2009 11:28:43 AM
Author:val1nyc
I am looking for a loose diamond for an engagement ring. My dealer who has been excellent so far has given me good choices and we narrowed down to two, but I don''t know how to value the particulars of each stone to decide which is better - any suggestions appreciated:

Diamond 1: 1.54ct, Cusion Brilliant, D VS2, VG p/s, ratio is 1.1

Diamond 2: 1.72 ct, Cusion Modified Brilliant, F, VS2, Excellent Polish, good symmetry, ratio is close to 1

ignoring the price, which would you suggest

23.gif
Hi Val,

It is very difficult for us to say without photos, do you have a preference between them?

val1nyc

Rough_Rock
I do not - the first is appx $2000 cheaper than the second. They''re both GIA certified and I have the certificate. Are there any other paramaters that would make a difference? report has a picture of a diamond stone with % for table, and depth...etc

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/21/2009 11:42:04 AM
Author: val1nyc
I do not - the first is appx $2000 cheaper than the second. They''re both GIA certified and I have the certificate. Are there any other paramaters that would make a difference? report has a picture of a diamond stone with % for table, and depth...etc
You could post the depth and table and any other numbers you have on the diamonds, but the main thing is how they look to you in person, we might be able to get a better idea.

val1nyc

Rough_Rock
Also - what do you think about Cushion Brilliant vs Cushion Modified Brilliant?

val1nyc

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for your help!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/21/2009 3:03:12 PM
Author: val1nyc
Thank you so much for your help!
You are most welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results