shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help! Creating a custom ring. Jewelers please read!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
I''m looking at creating another custom ring. But I have a few questions on what can and can''t be done.

The particular point I''m interested in is setting small pears. 2 prongs and a V is what I''m thinking. Will a basket be required under each pear? I guess I''m unsure when it comes to really small stones. When I say small I mean 2mm in the longest dimension. When drawing the prongs, what''s the minimal size suggested? I know for a centerstone it''s close to 1mm in diameter for each prong. What about when I go really small? Can I use smaller prongs?

Also, will I be able to find pears that are 2mm in the longest dimension for melee? I think I''ll use my previous jeweler and can ask him... but if he can''t get them. Is it possible to find them at all?

Thanks!
Ukieza

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
Shoot... looks like my jeweler can''t get pears under the size 5x3mm Anyone know where I would beable to find something smaller?

Thanks!
Ukieza

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
You should post in Rocky Talky and they will be able to help you out.

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for redirecting my post. :)

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On such small things.. I wonder if two prongs are not all it takes. Or three - definitely not V-tip (no room, and no need).

What does this thing look like? What supports these pears? ''Basket'' might be allot said...

Size of prongs - could be less than 1mm, if short.

Arrgh... any chance o see a bit of this before going into any sort of theory? At the very least... I should have some examples floating around. If you wanted...
5.gif

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/10/2006 5:22:04 PM
Author: valeria101
On such small things.. I wonder if two prongs are not all it takes. Or three - definitely not V-tip (no room, and no need).

What does this thing look like? What supports these pears? ''Basket'' might be allot said...

Size of prongs - could be less than 1mm, if short.

Arrgh... any chance o see a bit of this before going into any sort of theory? At the very least... I should have some examples floating around. If you wanted...
5.gif

Okay, I finally got the design semi-finished. Here is what it looks like with the 2mm pears. I have a thread in the show me the ring forum...
here''s the link... GO HERE. ;-)

What do you think? I could go a bit bigger but I don''t know about all the way to 5mm instead of the 2mm it''s shown with.

Thanks!
Ukieza

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results