shape
carat
color
clarity

Another Custom Design... Opinions Please!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
I''m thinking about having another ring made. I designed this ring on my computer using a CAD type program. The stones are pink sapphires (or something pink) and white diamonds. The pink sapphires, in this design are 2mm in the longest dimension and the ring is about a size 6 1/2. I can''t get pears that small but I''m afraid if I go too big they''ll look gaudy. From the side views they look a almost perfect size. From top view.. they look small and could go a little bigger. What do you think?

rkvdag.jpg

rkvdw1.jpg

rkvdr6.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Ukieza

widget

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s gorgeous...so feminine!

Have you seen Trishy''s Fred Leighton ring? (I''ve attached a pic..there are lots more in her SMTR thread)

What''s interesting is that one flower has RBs, the other a mix of shapes: pear, marquise, and maybe an oval..

I think having one outside prong on the RBs help make the stones look a bit more "pedal-ish"..

Do keep us posted on your project....what fun!

widget

65hyrgk.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ukieza, I think the cads look awesome. what a fun project..

Boom

Shiny_Rock
I think it''s lovely, can''t wait to see this made!
30.gif

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/17/2006 11:32:41 AM
Author: widget
I think it''s gorgeous...so feminine!

Have you seen Trishy''s Fred Leighton ring? (I''ve attached a pic..there are lots more in her SMTR thread)

What''s interesting is that one flower has RBs, the other a mix of shapes: pear, marquise, and maybe an oval..

I think having one outside prong on the RBs help make the stones look a bit more ''pedal-ish''..

Do keep us posted on your project....what fun!

widget

widget: I have seen this ring. It''s beautiful and it''s what inspired my design. I''m more of a white gold fan and I like a little more simple. Her ring is beautiful but too ornate for my fiance''s style, the stones on the shank are wonderful but not quite her style. Plus, I wanted the flowers a tad bit smaller. My fiance prefers smaller rings that she doesn''t have to worry about. ;-) She''d be horrified to wear that. She''d love that ring but never wear it.. so this is my design change of it to make it a little less complex.

Thanks for all the comments so far!
Ukieza

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the CAD design. You did a great job.

I wish I knew how to use CAD, I do my sketches by hand.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There''s one more post on the other thread on the color forum.

Hoping to make a point about proportions...

Is this what you wanted the finished piece to look like on hand?

NCNAD.JPG

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
Yes, similar... I guess it is quite small though.. maybe a little bigger would work. Thanks for this brilliant idea. I never thought about putting it on a hand like that before. :)

Doesn't it look elegant that size? Or you think it's TOO small?

-Ukieza

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/17/2006 2:07:57 PM
Author: Ukieza

Doesn''t it look elegant that size? Or you think it''s TOO small?

To me, the flowers get lost. If the finger is less than 2cm wide... how small are those ! as they appear in the drawing. Keeping proportions with my hand there, they would end up about 5mm - if feasible, the tiny flowers could be part of a band going around the finger - they are small enough for that to work (and it does beautifully, to boot).

And if the shank shows (rather not, but...) I would do something to it... so that it doesn''t appear as naked metal.

These days everyone thinks ''pave'' ..., but there''s something else that comes to mind too, since this is about flowers after all
5.gif

LINK

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
That link to the branch style rings is absolutely stunning. Those rings look really cool. I''m a HUGE tree guy. My apartment had pictures of trees on the walls.. that is all. By my standards, that''s the perfect decoration in a home. On the other hand, my fiance makes fun of me because I pick out candle holders and the such that are shaped like trees and look like tree branches. haha. I''m not kidding either! To her, it''s too much.

When I went shopping with her for a e-ring she always turned down the more ornate rings. Things with pave and the like. She didn''t like any detailing on the shank. That made it look antique and we both don''t like antiques. She likes the simple style and not frilly. (is that a word) So, in this situation, going with less on the shank is actually more in her eyes. At least I think so. ;-)

I did an early sketch of this on paper one time and showed it to her asking her opinion. She got somewhat sad and said, "I wish that you wouldn''t show me these things and just surprise me with them." That was a while back. So I think she liked the design. I even discussed sizes with her. But if I''m going to small for practicality.. then the design will just have to change. ;-)

-Ukieza

mara54

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful ring, I love the idea with the pink stones! Small or big, depending on what she likes she will love it.
36.gif

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
I finally got a render of the ring. This might be more what it looks like when it's finished. Granted, this is just a computer picture, but it's better than the CADs. ;-)

rlbdcw.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Ukieza

Edit: fixed link

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love it, but think a tad bigger than the first design would be beautiful! The design is already feminine - no way that making it a little bigger would take away from the delicateness and femininity, but I do think a little bigger might be nicer!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful design. I love it!!! I like the larger rendering also. Have you been able to locate the sapphire pears for this yet??

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/17/2006 6:45:56 PM
Author: kaleigh
What a beautiful design. I love it!!! I like the larger rendering also. Have you been able to locate the sapphire pears for this yet??

Thanks, no I haven't been able to find them yet. I'll be changing the design when I get back home tonight to make the pears a bit bigger. :)

-Ukieza

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results