shape
carat
color
clarity

need Halloween help from those with a great imagination

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I''m starting my halloween costume search for my 3 kids. Their ages are 9, 5 and 9mo. I was hoping to dress them (if I can convince my older 2 daughters) in some sort of theme or as 3 famous characters. Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated!

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Boys or girls.? Cause I''m liking the baby as the Mad Hatter and then an Alice and another character. Or three from the Wizard.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, you said girls. That leaves out Peter, Wendy and Hook. Still thinking.

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
Your kids might be too young for this (but maybe not... my kindergarten students don''t seem to be!), but are they into Harry Potter? The girls could be their favorite characters (Hermione, Luna, Ginny, etc). Maybe the baby could be their owl? I''m not sure a baby dressed up as a wizard would be very cute, so I was trying to think of other options...

Hmm, I''ll try to be more creative
1.gif

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
A co-worker did Princess and the Pea(pod) with her kids last year. You could have 2 princesses. Or have the LO be a dragon with princesses.

Cowgirls and a little horse?

Pooh characters?

I'm having a hard enough time figuring out what to do with my LO, it's gotta be tough with 3 of them!

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
disney princesses?

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2009 10:27:42 AM
Author: lulu
Boys or girls.? Cause I''m liking the baby as the Mad Hatter and then an Alice and another character. Or three from the Wizard.

Aww--I love the Alice in Wonderland idea! If either of your girls would go as the mad hatter, you could dress the baby as the doormouse or a little teapot. That would be adorable.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I like Alice in Wonderland too! One of the girls could be the Queen of Hearts.

garden theme: girls as flowers and baby as a garden gnome
food theme: spaghetti and meatball
storybook: three little pigs
tv land: Ginger, Mary Ann and Gilligan (or the professor)
Halloween: witches and a cute little cat
sports: soccer players and their ball
sports: cheerleaders and their star quarterback
under the sea: mermaids and a starfish(fish, crab, lobster, seahorse, etc)
cartoon: Daphne, Velma and Scooby Doo

That''s all I got.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Although matching costumes is cute for the parents to take photos of, I always found my kids had their own fantasies wanted their own unique costume. By 9 they probably have their own favorite characters. Or do the older girls want to match with each other and the baby?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the Alice In Wonderland idea too-so cute! Like Swingirl mentioned-do your older 2 have their own ideas? London will be 6 in November, and JD swears up and down it''s time I let her choose her own costume this year but I just don''t know if I can do it. We never celebrated Halloween when we were little, so by golly I think they should wear what *I* want haha!

Maybe the girls could be Little Bo Peeps and N could be a lamb. Is 9 too old for a nursery rhyme character tho? Hm..Somebody said Wizard of Oz..that would be cute! Dorothy, Glinda and Toto maybe?

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2009 6:49:43 PM
Author: packrat
I like the Alice In Wonderland idea too-so cute! Like Swingirl mentioned-do your older 2 have their own ideas? London will be 6 in November, and JD swears up and down it''s time I let her choose her own costume this year but I just don''t know if I can do it. We never celebrated Halloween when we were little, so by golly I think they should wear what *I* want haha!

Maybe the girls could be Little Bo Peeps and N could be a lamb. Is 9 too old for a nursery rhyme character tho? Hm..Somebody said Wizard of Oz..that would be cute! Dorothy, Glinda and Toto maybe?

Thanks everyone...yes the Alice and wonderland would be great since I have 2 girls and a small boy. I don''t think my 9 yr old will want dress up in a theme with her sibs but I was trying to think of something great that she may say yes too. Don''t think I''ll be successful
7.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about doing a 50''s theme? The girls could wear poodle skirts and your son could be a poodle..or you could slick his hair, black t shirt w/the sleeves rolled up, black pants and he could be John Travolta.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2009 12:12:58 PM
Author: packrat
What about doing a 50''s theme? The girls could wear poodle skirts and your son could be a poodle..or you could slick his hair, black t shirt w/the sleeves rolled up, black pants and he could be John Travolta.

oh that''s so cute esp the idea for the baby. Thanks..I''m going to talk to my daughters today to see if they are interested in any of these ideas.

Thanks again!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
My sisters came up with an adorable idea if you do go with the Alice in Wonderland theme--you could dress the little one as the doormouse in the teapot. Basically have the costume be a teapot with his head coming out of it and use facepaint to draw a mouse nose and ears on him, then have the teapot lid as a hat (maybe with mouse ears on either side?) It would be so cute.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
No problem! I''m kinda partial to the 50''s stuff-it''s something I always wanted to do when I was younger, so I hyped it up to London last year until she was convinced it was the best thing ever-so we got her a poodle skirt and cat eye glasses etc-it was SO cute!! (she still plays dress up with it) Trapper was Al Capone.

Halloween is so fun!

snowflakeluvr

Shiny_Rock
hannah montana for the oldest and her best friend(don''t know name?) and her brother(don''t know name)
emsmile.gif
maybe let the oldest daughter decide and go from there...my kids have always tended to go with their own thing, although i think a theme for all three that would please your older ones would be most adorable

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results